Windows .exe [RESOLVED]Performance Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcarkse

Jul 29, 2019
[RESOLVED]

Hello,

A few day ago I had a blue-screen while playing FTB. Since this event, my performances have considerably decreased (2-6 FPS, repetitive lag spike, non-loading chunks, etc.). They've reached the point where I can't play FTB beast any more; even with my setting set to the "least power consumer".

I don't really understand why my performances are so bad. Before, I could play at 15-20 FPS using a Sphax x64 texture pack.

So, I went searching for the problem's source and noticed two things that did't look very clean to me :

- When I open Windows Task Manager and select the Process tab, I can see that Java is running two times.
Those take 1 GB of RAM each (I have 6 GB total). And, also important : my processor is 100% active (/used). I only have one version of Java installed on my PC.

- (in-games now) with the F3 menu open and the diagram on the bottom right of the screen shown; I noticed that about less than a quarter of the diagram is labeled as unspecified which, if I remember correctly, wasn't taking such a large percentage a few day ago.

Illustration :
diapod548137585e04462a555d7821a41481e.png

I would like to know :
- What does unspecified contains? What does it mean/gather?
- Is it normal to have two times "Java" in Windows Task Manager?
- How can I return my performances back to normal?

Thanks for your time,​
Alcarkse​

Thatguy14

Jul 29, 2019
Idk about the Unspecified.
Not that I know of.
Delete one Java run & maybe set the priority higher maybe?

Alcarkse

Jul 29, 2019
Not bad idea. In fact, it has increased my performances a bit. But it's not that better.

Nicksterr

Jul 29, 2019
A possibility is that you're putting too much strain on your graphics driver, have you tried a x32 or default texture pack to see if this fixes your problem? The unspecified section is indeed much larger than normal, for me it is at 1% right now. I googled a bit but couldn't seem to find any info on it.

Alcarkse

Jul 29, 2019
I've already tried with the default texture pack but it doesn't solve the chunk loading problem : The chunk in which my character is standing, loads semi-correctly (block missing + no interaction with blocks possible) and the other ones don't load.
I can jump off the chunk, and fall out of the world, to my death.

Alcarkse

Jul 29, 2019
I was searching for the reason of "Why do I have a blue screen?"
But my researches don't lead to anything.

I recently installed 4GB of RAM.
So at first I thought that this was my problem, but I verified using MdSched and it said that there was no issue with the memory.

VANtheSven

Jul 29, 2019
Does the problem also occur if you create a new world? If not, it might just have been the world that has gone corrupt because it didnt save properly.

Alcarkse

Jul 29, 2019
VANtheSven you've lighted up my thoughts : My world didn't save properly because I had a blue screen. So it got corrupted. Hopefully I was making regular backups so I didn't loose my world.

Thanks a lot VANtheSven

Status
Not open for further replies.