Research for Avaritia: Tell me about your excessive resources

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
L5EJRAW.png

Your tears are delicious, @SpitefulFox

I now take my claim as the QUEEN of Avaritia.

Reactions: sgbros1

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I now take my claim as the QUEEN of Avaritia.
Claim invalid, only available if playing with the full list of mods it is compatible with and then completing it, otherwise you're skipping part of the content after all so you can't claim full mastery.

Actually that got me wondering so I poked the public github code to see how much resources that would require and it seems to be an awful lot, it seems for the basic tools of pickaxe, axe, shovel, sword and the four pieces of armour you take 1504 catalysts. Each catalyst takes a whole slew of ingredients, for the basic ones though you have the singularities which take about 18k blocks each, it varies a bit but that still puts you at 236-260 million of each basic ingot to create all of them, 1.8million per infinity ingot. Certainly doesn't seem to be doing things by halves this mod, I wonder how long till someone actually takes the challenge of doing it with all compatible mods after it's released?

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Claim invalid, only available if playing with the full list of mods it is compatible with and then completing it, otherwise you're skipping part of the content after all so you can't claim full mastery.

Actually that got me wondering so I poked the public github code to see how much resources that would require and it seems to be an awful lot, it seems for the basic tools of pickaxe, axe, shovel, sword and the four pieces of armour you take 1504 catalysts. Each catalyst takes a whole slew of ingredients, for the basic ones though you have the singularities which take about 18k blocks each, it varies a bit but that still puts you at 236-260 million of each basic ingot to create all of them, 1.8million per infinity ingot. Certainly doesn't seem to be doing things by halves this mod, I wonder how long till someone actually takes the challenge of doing it with all compatible mods after it's released?
First of all, using the full mod list would make it easier, hense why I left out certain mods such as Mekanism and ProjectE. All other ones that actually impose a challenge or marginal chore (ExtraTrees/Forestry) have been added. So that's invalid for a start.

Secondly, I made a pickaxe last night and I'm now in a position to make a full set of armor.

Finally, all singularities have been made legitimately, as have all the ingots and catalysts.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Just look in your storage. Take a glance at how much diamonds, iron, gold, platinum, etc, you have, and jot down the numbers here. That's all. You're not being graded on correctness. Just. Give. Numbers.
Lets see. Our main world, when we took a break, had something like 1+9+... I think half the next layer out of gold blocks, and ... didn't have much iron in stock, but that was because we didn't have any need -- two known veins ready to harvest if/when we ran out, plus at least one known redstone vein (but then, there's enough of those.)

All manual mining :)

Reactions: Type1Ninja

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
Now, how in the world am I going to automate that 9x9 crafting grid with AE2?

ExtraCells might need to add 9x9 blank patterns. ;)

Reactions: Type1Ninja

RenzosNips

Jul 29, 2019
Well for the measly cost of 1 trillion iron, 5 billion nether stars, 730 billion redstone, and 999 iridium, I'm sure SpitefulFox will add a way. ;)