Research for Avaritia: Tell me about your excessive resources

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Yeah, I think you need to place the egg on the apiary to get them to mutate? I know it acts as the flower. It's the one bee that's a pain to get even with Gendustry.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
You can, of course, change them to a different type of flower with gendustry (it's how I had end bees running in Agrarian Skies, since I got them as a quest reward and never went to the end) which is really nice.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
How do you have so many dragon eggs? ._. I thought you can only get one
Hardcore Ender Expansion allows for resetting the End, and I believe that gives multiple dragon eggs. I know I've seen it happen on Hermitcraft, and there's likely a duplication thingy somewhere. And probably UU-matter if all else fails.

Draconic bees produce draconic dust. This can be made into more dragon eggs ;)

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
multiple dragon eggs ? thats found in reliquary(the recipe right above this post) , draconic evolution (kill a"chaos dragon") magic bees (listed above)lucky blocks can drop one as well
hardcore ender expansion does add a way to reset the end but this does not lead to more dragons eggs because the ritual to reset the end asks for a dragon egg and a temple caller (dung loot)+ 1 other thing i cant remember .

there is 1 other lesser known way i rember from ftb monster that maraculture had a fish that gave as a product a item that spawned an ender dragon

Zaik

Jul 29, 2019
Iron Ingots:1905
Diamonds: 263
Emeralds:47
Gold Ingots:174
Lapis Lazuli:2826
Redstone Dust:3496
Moonstone:N/A
Sunstone:N/A
Blue Topaz:N/A
Chimerite:N/A
Firestone:0
Shiny Ingot:53
Desichalkos:N/A
Tartarite:N/A
Cobalt/Ardite/Manyullyn: 18/31/1
Iridium:13
Osmium:N/A

Suppose I should mention this is almost entirely done with an A rank terra shatterer paired with the ring of thor, as the server it's on heavily restricts chunkloading and quarrying.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'll tell you about excessive resources - the problem with this game is not that we need more mods to use up astounding amounts of resources, the problem with this game is that there are only very few resources to collect - and since we're mainly talking quarries, and since this is MINEcraft, when I say "resources" I'm mainly talking ores. Here's the "vast" list found in most modpacks today: iron, gold, copper, tin, lead, silver, ferrous, coal, redstone, aluminum.

So after a few weeks playing on a new server, my excessive resources are mainly in these items... because that's about all that a quarry gives us.

We need mods that add a TON of new resources for us to explore for, collect and gather. We really don't need mods that simply find unique ways to use the excessive resources we've mined up. I keep looking for a modpack with Metallurgy in it, because that mod seems to be exactly what I'm talking about - a mod that gives us tons of new ores. But I can't seem to find a modpack with that mod in it. How unfortunate. Or Gregtech of course - but Greg seems to be lost in his own little "version 6" world - the guy works 24/7/365 on his mod but when is it ever playable? He didn't even finish version 5 before he dropped it and moved on to 6.

sigh

/rant

sorry if you don't agree, these are my views on the current state of modded MC.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I'll tell you about excessive resources - the problem with this game is not that we need more mods to use up astounding amounts of resources...

I feel I should clarify:

I'm not asking for philosophy on power creep and the pointlessness of the human condition.

This mod is one massive joke making fun of power creep and grindy "balanced" recipes. You're ranting to the wrong person.

UberAffe

Jul 29, 2019
I normally only end up playing a world until I hit late-mid game but I generally have a minimum of 50k of any one resource(including diamonds/emeralds) and around 10 times that for the more common things like iron, gold. Copper and tin tend to be closer to 20 times.

I get that this is somewhat of a "joke" mod pointing at the ridiculousness of modded minecraft but the pick seems a bit redundant, if you have enough materials to make it you obviously have not need for it.

If we are allowed to make suggestions:
Infinity Blade:
A sword that hits so hard your relatives will feel it. Literally!
Don't hit a person with this!
applies 60 void damage to all entities of the same species.
All drops are brought to the location of the player.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Last edited:

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I normally only end up playing a world until I hit late-mid game but I generally have a minimum of 50k of any one resource(including diamonds/emeralds) and around 10 times that for the more common things like iron, gold. Copper and tin tend to be closer to 20 times.

I get that this is somewhat of a "joke" mod pointing at the ridiculousness of modded minecraft but the pick seems a bit redundant, if you have enough materials to make it you obviously have not need for it.

If we are allowed to make suggestions:
Infinity Blade:
A sword that hits so hard your relatives will feel it. Literally!
Don't hit a person with this!
applies 60 void damage to all entities of the same species.
All drops are brought to the location of the player.

There's already an infinity sword. It insta-kills everything you touch with it. Mobs. Bosses. Creative players. Everything. No saving throw. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

UberAffe

Jul 29, 2019
There's already an infinity sword. It insta-kills everything you touch with it. Mobs. Bosses. Creative players. Everything. No saving throw. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

Ah, I haven't seen anything of this mod other than the video in the OP.

Side Note/Question: Do you have a github for this project, and would you mind if I take a look at how you set up your crafting table?

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019