Request Remove Lava from Skyblock and add Journeymap

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bomberman2010

Jul 29, 2019
I have some request :D ^^
  1. 1.Hi, i play since yesterday Skyblock and before that i have play Skyfactory from AT-Launcher... and i ask me: Why i have lava?

For the start i need cobblestone, ok, but from skyfactory i need only a torch and build a crucible... this is all posible without lava and I need only more time (need a sieve, dirt in siev... become stone and 4 stone = 1 cobblestone)

The water is ok because desert. =)

2. And why it isnt instalt Journeymap? i like it for graves and add waypoint to friends =)

3. And why not Veinminer?

Sry for my bad english... my german is beter but i try my best to help if you dont understand what i want^^

Last edited:

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
1. You have lava because there is no reason to have that extra bit of grind right at the start and also the source blocks given at the start of the map is a bit of a nod to the original FTB maps.

2. No Journeymap because the mob radar does kinda trivialise some of the mob management aspects of a skyblock map. With just a small island to work with how hard can it really be to find your grave?

3. No veinminer because, well it just isn't needed (and a lot of players dislike it)

In short, all these points were discussed during the pack creation and testing, which is why we have what we have now ;)

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
It's not neccecary, but given the large amount of grinding dirt it would take to get the infrastructure to build a single bucket, it's entirely welcome. I for one don't want to be spending literal days getting enough mats to build a Coke Oven to get the hammer to get the bucket to move the lava to get cobble.

Reactions: DeathOfTime

Bomberman2010

Jul 29, 2019
veinminer no needed? what you use for it? or you smash all single blocks?

is it possible to add the mods with default disabled? =)

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
You can smash compressed cobblestone, compressed sand and compressed gravel. hat's 9 times the rate of just the singular blocks. Admitedly the material cost for the hammers is nine times as much as you nee compressed hammers to smash the compressed blocks. Veinminer is not needed with that mechanic.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
You can add journeymap yourself without too much problems. It shouldn't need any server side stuff.

Also vein miner is utterly pointless without ore to mine. In other words there's no veins to mine.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
Vein miner also works with leaf blocks and ore gravel/sand blocks and quite a few other blocks.

Digdug

Jul 29, 2019
1. You have lava because there is no reason to have that extra bit of grind right at the start and also the source blocks given at the start of the map is a bit of a nod to the original FTB maps.

Not to mention it would be hard to remove the lava from the crucible without a bucket, which takes iron since the clay buckets are gone. I'd just like to say thanks for removing that tedium.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
You can add journeymap yourself without too much problems. It shouldn't need any server side stuff.

Also vein miner is utterly pointless without ore to mine. In other words there's no veins to mine.

Unless you add Dirt, Cobble, Smoothstone, etc. to the Veinminer cofig just to make things a bit more interesting... :D

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I take it you are aware of how horrible that idea is right. Lol.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Yep. I DL-ed and played EIE on the first, and having watched DW20 & Soaryn's video I just knew that the dirt was two blocks deep so dug up a corner block, thus proving those who thought all the testing was giving away every change in the pack wrong and simultaneously racking up my first D'oh! :D

I recall having seen another tester who HAD Veinminer installed mine a block without realizing he was standing on the same block type... Hilarity ensued. :D