Reliable power gen and storage for mid-late game?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
M

MikW

This is true. I'd love to use conveyor belts for the whole thing, but they're just not practical. They LOOK cool though.

What was your final steel solution in the end?

TE Induction smelter. 1 Iron + 4 Coal dust or 1 Iron + 1 Coal coke makes 1 steel. It's the fastest way.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
M

MikW

Maxed out, max speed it's hilariously fast.
Yep. And my coke furnace still has some use for producing creosote and those coal cokes. I might consider changing to a redstone furnace with the pyrolytic conversion for the coal coke though. A lot more expensive but also a lot faster too.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Damn, ideas abound! I'm still pretty fixated on Regrowth right now, but I know what I'll be doing when I go back to 1.10+ packs...

Reactions: KingTriaxx

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I'm working on an interesting idea combining ActuallyAdditions oil made from canolas and processed in the barrels with a Fractionating Still from TE that turns it straight into Refined Fuel, into Compression Dynamos with Ignition Plugs. I'm trying to determine maximum throughput of the still and if the AA thing can keep up with it, and how many Compression Dynamos it can support.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I'm working on an interesting idea combining ActuallyAdditions oil made from canolas and processed in the barrels with a Fractionating Still from TE that turns it straight into Refined Fuel, into Compression Dynamos with Ignition Plugs. I'm trying to determine maximum throughput of the still and if the AA thing can keep up with it, and how many Compression Dynamos it can support.
Wait, does that work? Are they compatible in that manner?