Reliable power gen and storage for mid-late game?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
M

MikW

Pack: DW20 1.10.2

Advancing past mid game now, I have a really good amount of resources, basically I can get anything outside of the extremely expensive ones like Draconic Evolution stuff. I have killed the ender dragon, so basically ender pearls are infinite right now. I'm onto bigger farms, and I need a bigger power storage and generation system. I currently have around 650 rf/t renewable power from Canola mostly and a 50 million rf storage composed of 2 Vibrant capacitor banks.

Any advice on bigger power generation and storage?

EDIT: Storage problems are now done, I built a tier 2 draconic energy ball.

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
At this point, its Draconic Storage Ball of Doom or nothing really.

As for generation, you could go Deep Resonance - you've got the resources to make a nice crystal I suspect. If you're handy with getting timings and stuff, you could try your hand at an RFTools Endergenic Generator?

If you're feeling really nuts, why not try the Rainbow Generator from Extra Utilities 2? Just... make sure you can set it up so you don't have to go near it, the Death generator needed for that has some... unpleasant side effects.

Reactions: KingTriaxx and MikW
M

MikW

Thanks for the suggestion, I think I'd like to try the deep resonance or the endergenic generators, those look nice. But as of now, I'm currently working on a IE Diesel Generator setup.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Thanks for the suggestion, I think I'd like to try the deep resonance or the endergenic generators, those look nice. But as of now, I'm currently working on a IE Diesel Generator setup.
Do you know its funny, I was going to edit my post to say I'd forgotten a great mid-tier power gen, which was the diesel generators, but you've beaten me to it! :)

That's actually a really good option - once you've got the resources for the engines themselves, setting up the squeezer, fermenter, refinery etc for making the biodiesel is really simple and straightforward, reliable, and not bad to expand as well.

My recommendation with that would be to use melons in garden cloches - throw them all through a TE sawmill to get the slices, then divide the output into 2 streams - one goes straight to the fermenter, and the other goes via some sort of crafter to turn the melon slices into seeds, and those go into the squeezer. One type of crop can make everything you need for biodiesel, and trust me - cloches are fast.

Reactions: MikW
M

MikW

Do you know its funny, I was going to edit my post to say I'd forgotten a great mid-tier power gen, which was the diesel generators, but you've beaten me to it! :)

That's actually a really good option - once you've got the resources for the engines themselves, setting up the squeezer, fermenter, refinery etc for making the biodiesel is really simple and straightforward, reliable, and not bad to expand as well.

My recommendation with that would be to use melons in garden cloches - throw them all through a TE sawmill to get the slices, then divide the output into 2 streams - one goes straight to the fermenter, and the other goes via some sort of crafter to turn the melon slices into seeds, and those go into the squeezer. One type of crop can make everything you need for biodiesel, and trust me - cloches are fast.

Cloches are definitely the most OP thing I've seen in modded Minecraft. Extremely cheap, extremely efficient. In fact, all of my farming right now is from cloches.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Cloches are definitely the most OP thing I've seen in modded Minecraft. Extremely cheap, extremely efficient. In fact, all of my farming right now is from cloches.
Nice :D

I went a different way for the red orchids - cloches don't do much to them in the current version if memory serves, but AA greenhouse gas and ExU2 mechanical users for right-clicking (so the redstone pops off if they're mature), then some sort of ender hopper or similar for picking up the drops and you're sorted.

The greenhouse glass also seems to help ender lilies a little - they seem to mature a bit faster than when grown normally. I haven't set up anything to right-click those, but that's probably my next step.

Reactions: MikW

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
If you're not on a server, Immersive Petroleum adds some regular diesel you can use in addition to Biodiesel. It even has a cool pumpjack for you to build.
The pumpjack is a little buggy, I made my own modpack with it in it. Went out exploring and the area wasn't chunkloaded. Came back, it had power, a place to output too, and it wasn't working. RIP

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I'll keep that in mind. I've got oil at my base, so it's less of an issue for me. :D
Same here to be honest - I added immersive petroleum to Beyond and it worked beautifully.

Also @MikW, and again this was for Beyond but should work if Forestry is in DW20: the ethanol produced by the IE Fermenter worked excellently in Forestry Bio Generators to produce EU, as a handy tip.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Red Orchards and ender pearls are both harvest able by ender io farming stations.
Make 2 15x7s of Redstone ore and end stone with a line down then middle and the farming station, cover in greenhouse glass. In no time you will be swimming in red dust and green marbles.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Red Orchards and ender pearls are both harvest able by ender io farming stations.
Make 2 15x7s of Redstone ore and end stone with a line down then middle and the farming station, cover in greenhouse glass. In no time you will be swimming in red dust and green marbles.
I keep forgetting about the farming station! *facepalms*

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Why does no one give the actually additions farmer any love.
Don't get me wrong, I like it a lot - but it lacks the flexibility of some of the other options. It's a single size, can only support one crop, and isn't super fast by itself. Combined with greenhouse glass and worms, it's a heck of a thing, but it's still rather inflexible. But it's a great early game option, and still my go-to for canola unless I've got a cloche.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Verily, it sucketh. Seriously though, it's locked to 9x9 directly in front, and in my experiences with it, it's slower than other options. The cloche is also just insanely good for most purposes, but the EnderIO farmer can do so many more things. Trees, plants, several types of plants, including ones that use unconventional tools for harvesting. It's just too good for the AA farmer to compete.

Reactions: Pyure
M

MikW

I have all components except the diesel generator... I ran out of Steel :(

The improved blast furnace produces steel very slowly... any advice on how to make steel quickly?