Reika's Update Checker

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
This is...well, better than last time, but I can just feel my sanity slipping...even half of the "sane" titles, like "purple and black cubes", "FPS lag", "network lag", and the bottom "crash with NEI" are garbage...
5PvEZa8.png

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
This is...well, better than last time, but I can just feel my sanity slipping...even half of the "sane" titles, like "purple and black cubes", "FPS lag", "network lag", and the bottom "crash with NEI" are garbage...
Yes, you can really be glad that you have some people volunteering for you there :)

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
5PvEZa8.png
Well, that is what we are for! We are helping clean out the garbage and sort out the useful bug reports.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
Also, it looks like EnderIO gets even more invalid issues than we are getting at the moment, mainly due to needing to update Applied Energistics.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
5PvEZa8.png
Normal day in Dragonland. :D

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
OK, the new version of the update checker is done. It is as follows:

As always, it performs the scan of what version is the latest and compares to the current. If the versions do not match, it logs the console and chat messages. Then, it evaluates whether to do the popup. Here are the conditions:

First, it checks the "pack maker only" config. If this is enabled, only the pack maker will see the notification, unless it has been two major versions (which corresponds to approximately 4 months) since the last update. This is far more than the initially given two weeks, and is long enough that it really does mean someone still using a version that old had no intention of doing so.

If the config is disabled, or the version is too old, then it moves to the config that restricts the message to admins and SSP players. This config has no caveats, and will remain functional indefinitely.

As before, there remains a command to hide all notifications until the next major version. This works forever and for anyone.

Last edited:

wugmump

Jul 29, 2019
I am so very sorry to poke the hive on this, but I'd like to know how to close the popup on OS X. Pressing the CNTL key does absolutely nothing on my system - it does not isolate the mouse cursor. How can I close the nag? Thank you so much for your modding work.

Status
Not open for further replies.