Redpower Replacements

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Goggles998

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, those things seem pretty cool. The variety of movement types helps. Also Carriage Engine moving with Carriages is good.
Have found a annoying bug though. When you stand on the frames while moving you fall through :( I have reported it to the mod author.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Said it once and I'll say it again. INTERACTIVE SORTER. It can do all of that. It can detect items coming into it on a case-by-case basis and determine exactly what item it is and how many there are. And since it's a peripheral, you can have a ComputerCraft program that does whatever you want it to do when a specific item passes through.
Shouting an item name isn't helping. I've tried to use Inventory Turtles (which contain an InteractiveSorter) and I got nowhere with it. And I'm not a programming newbie, I've programmed turtles and Sortrons.
Or, for something like an FTB challenge map, you could use an Applied Energistics system to store the items, with level emitters to turn on whenever you fulfill a requirement.
D'oh, so obvious, silly me![DOUBLEPOST=1371505289][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sounds like you just don't even really know what options other than redpower can even do.
Errr, you're right, that's why I asked "what can replace X from RedPower" in the "what can replace RedPower" thread! Am I asking in the wrong place?

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
Shouting an item name isn't helping. I've tried to use Inventory Turtles (which contain an InteractiveSorter) and I got nowhere with it. And I'm not a programming newbie, I've programmed turtles and Sortrons.
Inventory turtles don't really work the same way as a regular Interactive Sorter.
Code:
event, param, amount = os.pullEvent("isort_item")
This single line of code waits for an item to enter the sorter. When something does enter it, it stores the UUID (which is a hash of the ID and Meta values) in "param" and the stack size in "amount". Additionally, it has methods that can search adjacent inventories for a specific item and pull a specific amount of that item out. It's a lot more powerful than an inventory turtle.