Redpower on Dev?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

How long do you think 'til RP updates?

• A few weeks

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • A Month or 2

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • 3-4 Months

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • 5-6 Months

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 7 or More Months

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Don't Know Don't Care

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Can't Decide

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
fake, no dev from elo official.

You have to remember that Elo doesn't do Beta testing for the public. While she does allow servers (the one she now plays on (not forgecraft)) Beta testing for her mod.

Even the FTB update sheet since it's in dev. ;)

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
You have to remember that Elo doesn't do Beta testing for the public. While she does allow servers (the one she now plays on (not forgecraft)) Beta testing for her mod.

Even the FTB update sheet since it's in dev. ;)

I mean that she hasn't said anything official besides the last tweet.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
I'm as eager for updates as most, but I still think 'choice' would be a better word to use than 'fault'.
Of course it is her fault. With the amount of money that we are paying for modded minecraft authors have to cater to our every need and should spend every awake hour developing their mod. If not I will cancel my $0.00 monthly subscription.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

Catarooni

Jul 29, 2019
Whilst looking at Bigglesworth's "1.5 Yet?" Spreadsheet, I saw that Redpower said '"Dev". (Should I put the period inside our outside of the quotations? The Quotation isn't of a sentence.)

IIRC, "tuck it in."

Of course it is her fault. With the amount of money that we are paying for modded minecraft authors have to cater to our every need and should spend every awake hour developing their mod. If not I will cancel my $0.00 monthly subscription.
Got all the way to the end, rage buildin- hahaaaaaaaaa.
As for the update, I personally think it's hard to say. It could be tomorrow, it could be next year. Life isn't predictable, which makes coding equally or more unpredictable.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
The internet would be a nicer place if people who agreed said so outright instead of disagreeing with extreme sarcasm.

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
On second thought, let's not go to the internet. It is a silly place.

What is this internet you talk about? where can I get me a piece of it?
Elooram will update when elooram updates, tbh there is no point on asking when its going to happen because if we have learned something is that no lvl of pressure is going to make elooram work faster o even bother to talk to us, so just relax and get yourself some booze, some food and wait.

/Manu

canilsen

Jul 29, 2019
I would assume dev-tag in that spreadsheet means there is a public dev build available, wich there is not. If not, all mods should be tagged as dev, unless nobody is developing them anymore.

Reactions: Gr3n

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
I would assume dev-tag in that spreadsheet means there is a public dev build available, wich there is not. If not, all mods should be tagged as dev, unless nobody is developing them anymore.

Some modders haven't started to convert over yet so probably unlikely all will be dev. ;) Elo has never done a public one and it will be a very big shock if she started.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
The usual chain is dev > alpha > beta > public beta > RC > live, public dev releases are unusual outside of open source projects.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
The fact that shes doing it herself is entirely her fault.
As ED said, it's not a fault but a choice. If she wants to work on her mod alone, who the F are you to say that that is wrong? Are you a coder? A modder? A game designer? We all have our strengths and weaknesses and maybe Elo's strength is that she works better alone than she does in a group. She may be an introvert I don't know. And no, "introvert" is not an insult, it's not a bad thing, it's just a way to describe people who feel more comfortable with their own company than with the company of others.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
As ED said, it's not a fault but a choice. If she wants to work on her mod alone, who the F are you to say that that is wrong? Are you a coder? A modder? A game designer? We all have our strengths and weaknesses and maybe Elo's strength is that she works better alone than she does in a group. She may be an introvert I don't know. And no, "introvert" is not an insult, it's not a bad thing, it's just a way to describe people who feel more comfortable with their own company than with the company of others.

I am an introverted! or maybe I just hate being around idiots.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
No....I am just a hate filled person whom has a very black and white view on things. I try to be cold so my emotions don't get the better of me.