Redpower on Dev?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

How long do you think 'til RP updates?

• A few weeks

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • A Month or 2

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • 3-4 Months

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • 5-6 Months

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 7 or More Months

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Don't Know Don't Care

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Can't Decide

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Also, on the issue of what the words "in dev" mean, I would assume that in dev means there is a fully or partially working version of the mod on some client or server, not necessarily publicized.
Speaking as a professional programmer, that's not what "development" means. It could be totally non-functional and 1% finished, and still "in development".

Gr3n

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking as a professional programmer, that's not what "development" means. It could be totally non-functional and 1% finished, and still "in development".
In the sense of the spreadsheets where there is a clear distinction between not updated, development, and updated, your terms of "in development" would be along the lines of not updated, because, it is not updated yet. I am talking about a development build where it is to the point of playability.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
In the sense of the spreadsheets where there is a clear distinction between not updated, development, and updated, your terms of "in development" would be along the lines of not updated, because, it is not updated yet. I am talking about a development build where it is to the point of playability.

No, it's in development, which means it's being worked on but isn't working yet. If it was working, it would be "updated".

I guess the ultimate authority as to what "dev" means on the spreadsheet is the guy that made the spreadsheet. And he's put Redpower in "dev", so clearly that's what "dev" means, it means the author has stated that it is being worked on.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
PhilHibbs has the right idea of what I mean 'dev' means in my spreadsheet.

No = No word on work being done
Dev = Work being done to produce stable build to 1.5.1
Yes = Stable build successful, mod actually works in the game stable

IC2 is nearing Yes stats, and a bunch of mods rely on it and I think will quickly go from No to Yes

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 is nearing Yes stats, and a bunch of mods rely on it and I think will quickly go from No to Yes
BGPTEMcCAAEOkwL.png:large

Reactions: whizzball1

Gr3n

Jul 29, 2019
Ok that makes a little more sense, and I just checked the official FTB spreadsheet and it did say that RP2 has world gen updated so that does basically satisfy what I was looking for in an actual "dev build". Also the spread sheet shows that Thermal Exchange, XYcraft, Extra Biomes, Extra Bees, Buildcraft, and Railcraft's world gen are updated if you want to think about that biggles :p (MFFS has an alpha build for 1.5.1 and world gen updated too!)

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
yeah I know, just thought it was a cool pic :p Wonder how comparators will work with red alloy wire's 256 signal strength XD

Im not sure of the granularity of comparators, so i'd assume its limited by its internal level system. So if thats 16, id assume red alloy would have to go in steps of 16 to 256, but who knows, maybe the comparator has a much higher capability? In the last version of IC2, r263, a lot of the textures have gone missing :( Also i found an 'empty booze barrel' block? I dont remember that before!

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
yeah I know, just thought it was a cool pic :p Wonder how comparators will work with red alloy wire's 256 signal strength XD

Vanilla redstone has 15 states, red alloy wire is still like the old redstone, true or false. So the comparator will not be able to check it.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Ok that makes a little more sense, and I just checked the official FTB spreadsheet and it did say that RP2 has world gen updated so that does basically satisfy what I was looking for in an actual "dev build". Also the spread sheet shows that Thermal Exchange, XYcraft, Extra Biomes, Extra Bees, Buildcraft, and Railcraft's world gen are updated if you want to think about that biggles :p (MFFS has an alpha build for 1.5.1 and world gen updated too!)
No... That check under worldgen means that they are mods that add worldgen. It doesn't necessarily mean that they are updated. Hate to burst your bubble.

Gr3n

Jul 29, 2019
No... That check under worldgen means that they are mods that add worldgen. It doesn't necessarily mean that they are updated. Hate to burst your bubble.
Oh god I read the spread sheet completely wrong xD I knew that back when we were waiting for 1.4.6 but completely forgot, my bad. MFFS does have an alpha build according to the spread sheet though, which would imply that it is in dev.