RedPower for FTB 1.5

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe if others learn some patience or accept that maybe elo doesn't want to talk to anyone other then close friends.

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe if others learn some patience or accept that maybe elo doesn't want to talk to anyone other then close friends.

It's only been a month since 1.5 was released, so at this point, I'm not exactly disagreeing with you on that. However, Elo does have a history of being out of touch. 2/3's of the existing mods are 1.5 compatible or working on it already and we don't even know if Elo wants to even continue working on RP. That's the bigger issue.

The short version - is it panic time yet? No. Is it something that we should be concerned about, though? Yes.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
No it isn't something to be concerned about. You are making a mountain out of a molehill. Heaven forbid someone like say Chicken Bones from waiting for things to be right because we all know that worlds will end if NEI isn't ready for 1.5. Chill.

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
No it isn't something to be concerned about. You are making a mountain out of a molehill. Heaven forbid someone like say Chicken Bones from waiting for things to be right because we all know that worlds will end if NEI isn't ready for 1.5. Chill.

It IS something to be concerned about when it affects people other than yourself. A modpack cannot be updated unless all the mods in the pack are updated. Period. If one author is dragging down the rest of the bunch, that's not fair to any of the other authors.

LittleMike

Jul 29, 2019
As long as it's compatible, then it wouldn't matter. We were discussing supported versions. That doesn't necessarily mean the *actual* version number - it means what version numbers it works with. So 1.5 vs 1.5.1 for example. If everything works that was written for 1.5 in 1.5.1, then there's no issue at all.

Pixelshock

Jul 29, 2019
No. Have a 1.5 mod pack with it even if it is 1.4.7

But that's impossible. How many mods out there actually modify the functionality of redstone? Not many. But that's the backbone to Redpower 2. ANY changes to Minecraft's code in regards to redstone usage will totally screw with Redpower's functionality. The last update made some pretty substantial changes to just that, so Elo has more work on her end than many other mod authors. There's so many tech mods out there that just depend on that on/off state from a redstone source. They are fighting a different battle when updating. She JUST went through this mess a few months ago and now she's gotta address it again. I could imagine how frustrating it has to be. When you have to break out the jackhammer to an existing system back at a specific point, it tends to break everything that follows it. For all we know, she may have to re-write ALL the redwire stuff.

Losing RedPower2 would be painful. We have those super-cool windmills. We have the marble and the volcanoes. The logic gates. The wiring options using free-standing structures. The lights. The iron-saving gems for tools. Hell, just the ability to run your wire up a wall and attach it to something else.....it's good stuff. And I'd really miss it.

Even though I'm a huge fan, I still think she needs to hit that Twitter page and say SOMETHING. Anything. I know she had personal info plastered all over the community by some moron who can't appreciate free toys, but she also has a ton of fans that wish her nothing but the best. Those fans just want to know if she's still there.

Reactions: seannyyx

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
actually, the update isn't that big.

minecraft already had 16 values for redstone signal, they were just used for graphics (the different glow-states). so basically, she could just add a method to transmitt those different states directly, or that there is an additional block that gives an RP2-signal, if the redstone-signal is equal or larger than a certain value (a rp2-version of the comparator). and then just stick with the standard rp2-system.

there are more changes below the surface, some make modding easier... (for what I have read).

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013
No. Have a 1.5 mod pack with it even if it is 1.4.7

You do realize if that were possible this thread wouldn't be alive? The main reason Eloraam's modding style is an 'issue' is that when Minecraft updates, mods need to be updated.

Of course, then the argument would be 'Eloraam doesn't even bug reports! What kind of operation she running here?', which an actual issue, given that:

a) Redpower has bugs which actually break things
b) There is no way to report bugs with any kind of feedback about it, even a 'oh yeah working on that'.

Even in my particular modding sphere, where I update pretty much at random, I give some indication of being alive and aware of stuff I broke.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Redpower has signal strength too! It just has a maximum of 255.

it has a signal strength of 255 but only has 2 states, ON or OFF, vanilla has 15 strength and 16 states, OFF, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14 and 15, those states can be detected by a comparator, which redpower does not have such a thing..

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
it has a signal strength of 255 but only has 2 states, ON or OFF, vanilla has 15 strength and 16 states, OFF, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14 and 15, those states can be detected by a comparator, which redpower does not have such a thing..
I'm pretty sure that signal strength is integrally tied into those states (without the states, no signal strength). If I'm wrong, correct me, but I'd like to see your logic behind your statements.

Cieronph

Jul 29, 2019
in my opinion this thread is RUDE and UNGRATEFUL, just because elo doesn't reply to posts doesn't mean she doesn't read them (im not saying she does, im just saying we dont know), and to out right say "im not going to worry about how I slag her off because she will probably never see it." is god damn heartless. I'm sure the FTB guys will happily make a new pack in 1.5 as soon as it is ready, you can still use the multiple other ones. The point is there are still lots of mods (I agree fewer by the day) which need updating, so how about WE let the FTB guys do there job and stop bitching about elo. YES she is a private person, and you may think she "Should" update quicker, but who the hell gives you the right to tell her what to do. The only reason people are getting so worried about it is because its such a great mod, no-one wants to see it go, so lets get stop worrying/Bitching about it and let the modders do there job.

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
in my opinion this thread is RUDE and UNGRATEFUL, just because elo doesn't reply to posts doesn't mean she doesn't read them (im not saying she does, im just saying we dont know), and to out right say "im not going to worry about how I slag her off because she will probably never see it." is god damn heartless. I'm sure the FTB guys will happily make a new pack in 1.5 as soon as it is ready, you can still use the multiple other ones. The point is there are still lots of mods (I agree fewer by the day) which need updating, so how about WE let the FTB guys do there job and stop bitching about elo. YES she is a private person, and you may think she "Should" update quicker, but who the hell gives you the right to tell her what to do. The only reason people are getting so worried about it is because its such a great mod, no-one wants to see it go, so lets get stop worrying/Bitching about it and let the modders do there job.

Seriously? He has at NO point tried to tell her what todo he has said its his opinion that she should communicate more last i check hes allowed to have that opinion the fact that people get angry when someone voices the (again) opinion that they think eloraam should perhaps communicate more with the people who uses her mod is not you know some weird strange unheard of thing considering that the most other mod developers are so social and do communicate.

If it was a question of 2 people where one communicates and one does not then i would see the point but the majority of other developers do infact to some degree talk to the larger userbase of the mod they made (and no i am not saying they are not in any way obliged to do this they are providing the mods for free afterall) through one or several means (website, IRC, twitter, FTB forums, minecraft forums, youtube videos and/or livestreams) that its not exactly strange that people expect (note the spelling difference from demand) other mod developers to also use one or several of these services and when someone in this case eloraam diverges from that pattern people to find that strange and pose the quite simple question what is going to happen to the mod the use now.

As far as i can tell from the multitude of threads that have been started no one or atleast very few people are saying that FTB needs to drop RP2 like a radioactive spider they have however stated a wonder for when or if there is a plan to replace or drop redpower2 support in the future WHEN other mods have updated to 1.5.x

Is it really that unreasonable a question to ask for clarification regarding the update situation of a highly used and liked mod that does have some issues currently?

Cieronph

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously? He has at NO point tried to tell her what todo he has said its his opinion that she should communicate more last i check hes allowed to have that opinion the fact that people get angry when someone voices the (again) opinion that they think eloraam should perhaps communicate more with the people who uses her mod is not you know some weird strange unheard of thing considering that the most other mod developers are so social and do communicate.

If it was a question of 2 people where one communicates and one does not then i would see the point but the majority of other developers do infact to some degree talk to the larger userbase of the mod they made (and no i am not saying they are not in any way obliged to do this they are providing the mods for free afterall) through one or several means (website, IRC, twitter, FTB forums, minecraft forums, youtube videos and/or livestreams) that its not exactly strange that people expect (note the spelling difference from demand) other mod developers to also use one or several of these services and when someone in this case eloraam diverges from that pattern people to find that strange and pose the quite simple question what is going to happen to the mod the use now.

As far as i can tell from the multitude of threads that have been started no one or atleast very few people are saying that FTB needs to drop RP2 like a radioactive spider they have however stated a wonder for when or if there is a plan to replace or drop redpower2 support in the future WHEN other mods have updated to 1.5.x

Is it really that unreasonable a question to ask for clarification regarding the update situation of a highly used and liked mod that does have some issues currently?
Im not saying the OP was disrespectful I was talking about the thread in general and some of teh responses, sorry if that wasn't clear

seannyyx

Jul 29, 2019
apurugag.jpg

Okay so it's been a while but... At least she has previously tweeted she's working on it!!
Give her chance. She's got a lot of work to do!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365770565.720023.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365770565.720023.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 47

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
yes we know she has tweeted about it its the fact that she hasnt tweeted since 19 feb thats what people are discussing