Red Power is released.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Rikki21

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I was under the impression that the item and block ids would be standardized so that there wouldn't be any conflicts. Or does the FTB team fix those for us to "standardize" them?

I was gonna play on 1.4.6 with everything but what isn't updated, but there are quite a few id conflicts. :(

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I know the feeling.. I'm trying to figure out a java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 24000 error in xycraft...

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I set autoconfig to true in the config file

Edit: autoassign[DOUBLEPOST=1356223427][/DOUBLEPOST]Sweet, extra bees is now 1.4.6, hopefully we'll get a FTB build soon :D

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
Can't wait :D

Reading up on redpower and it's a damn shame I haven't got to play with it in the pack yet. Looks like the best mod in the whole bunch.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Wireless Redstone, Tubestuff, Petroleum Generator, NEI Plugins (including RP2), Inventory Tweaks, Gravity Gun, EE3, Mystcraft, and Immibis Core. Looks to me like they're now waiting on the last two as the others can be added in after the fact... even if things might get a little confusing with some NEI recipes missing. I'm expecting things to finish up and packs to get updated and released real soon.

In case anyone is having trouble finding the page: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...T2dnQVMySHdrS3c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Rikki21

Jul 29, 2019
Current status is testing world gen. Maybe they'll give us another beta pack with the mods already updated. All the mods that aren't updated can be added in after the fact, since none of them have world gen.

Also, Petroleum Generator is updated. Portal Gun is not. They miss placed the X there. AFAIK

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know there's no way to effectively recover a world after switching id's around. So that would be terrible advice.

So, use the Import FTB function they built in. That imports the configs which includes the IDs. I haven't run FTB out of the FTB launcher. I only use the launcher to update FTB, then import into MultiMC, then alter to suit my tastes. I have had all of 1 ID conflict so far and that was trivial to resolve.

What is important is that once you import, don't import again. Use that instance in and of itself. It's ok to move the mods into place since they will pick up the configs in the folder, but import once and only once per instance.

ollie299792458

Jul 29, 2019
Use MultiMC for personal packs. It's very easy to use and the folder set up is very similar to the FTB. The link listed shows how to import from FTB to MultiMC. Then all you have to do is change all the mods to 1.4.6 and you're golden. :)
I hate people who say 'just use multimc' there is no 'just' about I have to wait 6 months for my new macbook and for some reason multimc guys decided they needed to use the new features in apples app format, WHICH 1.5.8 DOESNT SUPPORT. I spent the whole of this morning trying to get it to work to no avail.

Charlie Stewart

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing the Magic World pack for a few weeks, which includes Railcraft, and I've never seen any saltpeter. Maybe I just haven't been in the right place? Or isn't it turned on for that pack (which would make sense since you can make gunpowder with TC3)? I didn't actually know about it until now.

Saltpeter is generated biome specifically, i believe you can only find it naturally in deserts. I prefer however to quarry a "dense-ores" dimension which does not seem to have the biome specificity which I think comes from Extrabiomes XL

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
Saltpeter is generated biome specifically, i believe you can only find it naturally in deserts. I prefer however to quarry a "dense-ores" dimension which does not seem to have the biome specificity which I think comes from Extrabiomes XL

I think that GregTech Rubies and Sapphires are generated in deserts and oceans respectively, and that's because it's coded like that in GregTech, not because biomesXL has anything to do with it. But I do agree that it seems dense-ore worlds seem to ignore most ore generation rules.

Anyway I'm interested in Redpower, but to me the BC engine from it sounds OP as hell... At least I heard Direwolf say it can give like 32MJ o_O I also am not a huge fan of wind and solar power, so yeah... But maybe it's not as bad as it seems and I'll probably still use parts of it (volcanoes sound cool and so do all the redstone related toys of course). It's one of those mods that has a lot of "I like that, but I don't like that" things in it for me, but I will try not to judge before trying it out.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
You won't think the Bluelectric Engine is overpowered when you see how quickly it chews through your power reserves to output that much. That's its upper limit, not what you'd reasonably expect to maintain it at.

Reactions: Greyed

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
That definitely explains it: I haven't mined in a desert yet.

Rikki21

Jul 29, 2019
I've found saltpeter in Extreme Hills. Or was that sulfur? It was a yellow colored block. Had a full inventory, so I didn't mine it. :p

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I've found saltpeter in Extreme Hills. Or was that sulfur? It was a yellow colored block. Had a full inventory, so I didn't mine it. :p

Yellow? That would be sulfur, methinks. Also, yaaaaaaaay! MindCrack, I finally get to play with Red Power againnnnn!