Red Power is released.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Rick

Jul 29, 2019
I know the sooks will flame me for saying this BUT, Seriously, Grow up!

What version is MC? 1.4.6! It only makes sense to release mods at the current version of the game! Just because other mods may take a few days longer to update then so be it! Just be grateful Elo even bothered to update. She could easily have said "You all whinge too much, so stuff it" But no, she updates it and still you whinge! Good work! :|

Eloraam may not see this but, Thanks Elo for all the effort you add to your amazing mod! Go and enjoy the Holiday Season, You earned it! :)

Except for the fact that for instance tc3 wont be updating in the next few weeks. Ppl waited months for this release and now we can wait even longer. She even has a working 1.4.5. but she doesnt release it....

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, so did I. I have been watching for updates all day and was quite surprised when I saw that it was updated as I thought we weren't getting an update too.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
I know the sooks will flame me for saying this BUT, Seriously, Grow up!

What version is MC? 1.4.6! It only makes sense to release mods at the current version of the game

And if this were all there was to it I would be right there with you. But there's this from her twitter feed: "I'm going to give it a couple days to see if other mods follow for 1.4.6, but I have a working 1.4.5 version that I could package up."

She has a 1.4.5 version, right now. Not asking for her to backport any work, only expressing that she should release what she has publicly stated she already has completed because the majority of the other mods aren't updated.

Rikki21

Jul 29, 2019
Have you guys seen the twitter on the main page?

It's a 1.4.6 Update to FTB status page, with links. Quite a few mods have updated to 1.4.6 already. Some don't seem to have a public download available though. We are 70% complete for a 1.4.6 FTB update. And it's only the morning.

With the exception of Forestry/Extra Bees, xycraft, and railcraft I think most of the terrain generation is available. Not sure how IC2 being a beta would effect anything though.

With so many mods updating to 1.4.6, I don't think she'll release the 1.4.5 version. Unless another mod author has a RL problem and can't update by tomorrow.

Remaker

Jul 29, 2019
Having done modding work before, I can tell you that if I were in Eloraam's shoes, I wouldn't release 1.4.5 either. It is a huge pain to package, upload, and maintain parallel versions of the same mod. It doubles the odds of something going wrong, and you get bug reports from multiple versions from well-meaning but clueless users who misreport their version number. Given that 1.4.5 is already obsolete and that it is only a matter of days before other mods hit 1.4.6, I'd just hang up my hat and enjoy the holidays.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Having done modding work before, I can tell you that if I were in Eloraam's shoes, I wouldn't release 1.4.5 either. It is a huge pain to package, upload, and maintain parallel versions of the same mod. It doubles the odds of something going wrong, and you get bug reports from multiple versions from well-meaning but clueless users who misreport their version number. Given that 1.4.5 is already obsolete and that it is only a matter of days before other mods hit 1.4.6, I'd just hang up my hat and enjoy the holidays.
So would I have done.
releasing an already obsolete version is not worth the extra issues it brings with it.
If we get a working FTB tech pack or equivalent before x-mas then that is a bonus gift from the mod makers to us users. I for one is not going to hold my breath for it, but rather try to relax and do other stuff instead.

btw. the modlist has reached 61,4% maturity now. 69,2% if you only count those mods who do worldgen changes.
It is however late afternoon where i live now. I am going to guess that most mod's will update in the afternoon US time, so late evening or into the night for me.

Edit: Just checked. Gregtech is already 1.4.6 compatible. but not updated yet in that list. so it's even further along now than when i first wrote this post.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Railraft is 1.4.6 too. So, it seems all FTB worldgen mods are updated already. Only in list not updated are XyCraft and ExtraBees, but who cares about them?

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Railraft is 1.4.6 too. So, it seems all FTB worldgen mods are updated already. Only in list not updated are XyCraft and ExtraBees, but who cares about them?

that leaves only extrebees and xycraft on the worldgen editing mods list then, And those are not currently active in the pack... altho I guess they were planned to be part of the megapack?

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
It is still pretty early. Always a chance. It was 30% of the mods updated last night and now it's 70%, pretty good for about 12 hours. Mystcraft and some of Chickenbones things are the only things left I really care about, but all the world gen is done so I'm happy. At least all the world gen I care about...

Rikki21

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just sad BC doesn't seem to have a public download available. I know somewhere, someone linked to a dropbox that was supposedly 1.4.6, but I have no idea whether that was actually an authentic build or not. Is the jenkins build alright to use?

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Does anybody know where to d/l the buildcraft for 1.4.6 version? I can find the source code but that's not useful to me..

Edit: ninja'd lol

Rikki21

Jul 29, 2019
http://dl.dropbox.com/s/dff8bf1m5tsjwnf/MinecraftIndex.htm I got the buildcraft download from there. It loads and works for me. Can place pipes and pump things at least...
That's the link I saw. It's to a dropbox. So I'm just wondering since it's not on mod-buildcraft nor their forums, is it actually an authentic build or not?

Edit: I mean, I have no idea where they found that dropbox link. Did they get it from cpw? But then why isn't it on mod-buildcraft? :confused: It may work fine, but so does the fork of logistic pipes. Just a bit suspicious to me.

Charlie Stewart

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft adds the Saltpeter ore and another version of Sulphur, which are used to make gunpowder. It also adds things to dungeon/spawner chests such as creosote oil, wooden ties, etc...