Red Power is released.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Remaker

Jul 29, 2019
What would be involved in making a 1.4.6 FtB pack for personal use? I found it was easy to make a 1.4.5 custom pack using that Magic World folder as a base, but I have no idea how to make the launcher know to use MC 1.4.6. If I could do that, I could probably do the rest on my own.

BtW, I am interested in this as much for knowing how to make my own custom packs as I am for getting the update early. If you were going to respond with something along the lines of "LOL just w8 a few days n00b" then don't bother. The understanding is at least as important to me as the product itself.

arthahar

Oct 31, 2012
That's the link I saw. It's to a dropbox. So I'm just wondering since it's not on mod-buildcraft nor their forums, is it actually an authentic build or not?

Edit: I mean, I have no idea where they found that dropbox link. Did they get it from cpw? But then why isn't it on mod-buildcraft? :confused: It may work fine, but so does the fork of logistic pipes. Just a bit suspicious to me.
Original source BuildCraft 3.3.0 (Minecraft 1.4.6) beta build http://twitter.com/SirSengir/status/282133922022821890
You can find forestry-A-1.6.3.9.jar also some later in twits

Reactions: Rikki21

Rikki21

Jul 29, 2019
What would be involved in making a 1.4.6 FtB pack for personal use? I found it was easy to make a 1.4.5 custom pack using that Magic World folder as a base, but I have no idea how to make the launcher know to use MC 1.4.6. If I could do that, I could probably do the rest on my own.

BtW, I am interested in this as much for knowing how to make my own custom packs as I am for getting the update early. If you were going to respond with something along the lines of "LOL just w8 a few days n00b" then don't bother. The understanding is at least as important to me as the product itself.

Use MultiMC for personal packs. It's very easy to use and the folder set up is very similar to the FTB. The link listed shows how to import from FTB to MultiMC. Then all you have to do is change all the mods to 1.4.6 and you're golden. :)

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019

MultiMC would be your best bet. It is basically another type of launcher that lets you create several minecrafts that can have different versions and mods and use them. It is what I am currently using to get everything together. It has a pretty simple way of adding mods to it. The problem with making your own of course is getting the config IDs correct, and once the FTB update comes out it should have it's own standardized configs so you could switch to those but it would require some editing of the map .cfg file afterwards.

AliasXNeo

Jul 29, 2019
MultiMC would be your best bet. It is basically another type of launcher that lets you create several minecrafts that can have different versions and mods and use them. It is what I am currently using to get everything together. It has a pretty simple way of adding mods to it. The problem with making your own of course is getting the config IDs correct, and once the FTB update comes out it should have it's own standardized configs so you could switch to those but it would require some editing of the map .cfg file afterwards.

As far as I know there's no way to effectively recover a world after switching id's around. So that would be terrible advice.

Fox

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys! I'll look into MultiMC. Sounds like it won't be too hard to figure out.

It's ultimately not worth it. You're better off waiting until later today.

Extra Bees and Xycraft are the only things that are keeping FTB from proceeding.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Oh but there is... I did it. Looking through the log it said that you need to change the ids in the map or the mods to match each other and that it generated a map.cfg which contains the mismatched configs. Changing those to match worked when I messed up my IC2 configs at the beginning of 1.4.5 with Buildcrafts when I was putting them all together, didn't have to lose my world.

Rikki21

Jul 29, 2019
Extra Bees and Xycraft are the only things that are keeping FTB from proceeding.

Hmm, they're going to go without the NEI plugins? I was under the impression those were rather important, or was I mistaken?

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
Anything that doesn't require worldgen can be added in an update without people having to reset their worlds. The idea of releasing as soon as world gen is out is that people can start

Reactions: Fox

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
It's ultimately not worth it. You're better off waiting until later today.

Why XyCraft is in the pack, even? So far it's just one of those zillions useless ore mods.
Extra Bees is slightly more useful, but is very niche too.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Why XyCraft is in the pack, even? So far it's just one of those zillions useless ore mods.
Extra Bees is slightly more useful, but is very niche too.

XyCraft is in the pack cos Slow wanted it in there.
XyCraft is an uncompleted mod and will add point into the game at later date once it's coded. At this time it's for world gen.
Also it's not pointless at this stage you can make pretty blocks that mobs don't spawn on ;)

JezuitX

Jul 29, 2019
The one time in Dire's youtube video they showed a XyCraft work table I was pretty impressed. It's got a neat look to it, and honestly the way they talk about it when they're not goofing on him makes it seem like it's going to be unique. Also, Slow was saying it was built for SMP so it gives you a lot of neat stuff and isn't so hard on the server. I'm kind of excited to see what comes of XyCraft.

Reactions: Lawbroken

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft adds the Saltpeter ore and another version of Sulphur, which are used to make gunpowder. It also adds things to dungeon/spawner chests such as creosote oil, wooden ties, etc...
I've been playing the Magic World pack for a few weeks, which includes Railcraft, and I've never seen any saltpeter. Maybe I just haven't been in the right place? Or isn't it turned on for that pack (which would make sense since you can make gunpowder with TC3)? I didn't actually know about it until now.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Only place I ever found saltpeter was in mystcraft worlds, personally.
Ah. I haven't actually mined in my mystcraft worlds yet. Just raided villages and thaumcraft dungeons, killed lots of cows and chickens, and collected glowstone and quicksand.