Red Power 2 status?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
As soon as anything about RP2 is confirmed it will be all over the forums and impossible to miss. Until then, nothing is confirmed.

The 1.5.2 beta pack will not have RP2 in it, if RP2 updates to a build that a pack is on, say 1.6 or so, then it will most likely be readded.

tl;dr no confirmation

minusthedrifter

Jul 29, 2019
The 1.5.2 beta pack will not have RP2 in it, if RP2 updates to a build that a pack is on, say 1.6 or so, then it will most likely be readded.

Then when 1.7+ comes out we get to go back into limbo again waiting for RP2. Yippie!

AKA: I don't think I'll be alone in removing RP2 from all future packs if it's added back.

Reactions: Sarda

Grunguk

Jul 29, 2019
Barring one or two items, Redpower seems kinda irrelevant these days.

I'm sure if the mod continues to be neglected then other mods will co-opt the last remaining bits of RP's functionality and it'll vanish from the modpack list for good.

vScourge

Jul 29, 2019
Is there another mod that offers functionality similar to RP2 frames? I'm thinking hard about dumping RP2 on our server, and that's one concern for our players.

Tauro

Jul 29, 2019
The frames part is going to be a bit hard to replace, other than that AE offers most of RP's functionality...maybe if something like zeppelin mod gets remade or updated it would help a bit, I too am tired of waiting for RP every major patch.

martyyp

Jul 29, 2019
She said she would update it, i'm not sure why anyone would want to get rid of it, everything in it works together great.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
People want to get rid of it due to problems with lag, bugs ect.

Managers can corrupt chunks, timers/alloy wire cause lag,pnuematic tubes can be laggy ect
But ive never found any of these problems, so meh

Reactions: dgdas9

minusthedrifter

Jul 29, 2019
She said she would update it, i'm not sure why anyone would want to get rid of it, everything in it works together great.

She said she would update it over a month ago now and no one has heard a word from her since. Plus what happens in X months from now when we're in the same boat as we are now because RP2 fell behind again, for a third time. No one faults her for having an active and busy life but when a single pack has consistently been one of the major bar for updates people begin to get fed up.

Personally I think RP2 should be dropped and left to the end user to add to their packs. If the FTB guys are feeling frisky they could even provide a config for those people. For everyone else though, it's nothing but a drag.

cfehunter

Jul 29, 2019
Minefactory reloaded recently added rednet which may actually be a little superior to red alloy wire and bundled cableing

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Presumably there's a difference between MFR rednet and CC rednet? I dunno what MFR rednet can do, but CC rednet is no substitute for bundled cables.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
The program in my signature has a timer that can work much faster than RP timers and with less lag

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, over on the Minecraft forums there is a person with about 8 posts on his account. He/She has a functioning version of Redpower2 for 1.5.2 and seems to be actively working on it. Its quite buggy, and no one is sure if he will release it, but it shows it can be done.

Until further notice, assume that Redpower2 is not going to be around for a couple weeks at least. Plan your builds accordingly, you will know when RP2 is released, the forums will burst.

Status
Not open for further replies.