Red Power 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustboy93

Jul 29, 2019
I too agree this has run its course lock & update with admin info as required.

as to this well where to start without opening the same can of worms yet again, but lets just say that tekkit is not responsible in any way shape or form for the mods & there updates, plz dont refer to mods that are the work of respected authors as that pack.

TIA.

My apology's I'll blame my friend for telling me that false info to me. but thx for letting me know.

Shadowquinn

Jul 29, 2019
Mindcrack pack is done. Slow said he will not release it till they have the first copy. Next pack to be done is Direwolf's pack. He is steaming it later on today.

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
The sad thing is that it seems they are losing time by creating some type of synchronized multimedia event with some "personalities" when the only thing people care about is the mod pack itself and nothing else.

Laguy

Jul 29, 2019
Mindcrack pack is done. Slow said he will not release it till they have the first copy. Next pack to be done is Direwolf's pack. He is steaming it later on today.

So not sure I understand. Is the DW20 pack being released today or is it just the next in line after Mindcrack? Thanks

Shadowquinn

Jul 29, 2019
Well if they don't make the youtube guys happy, then word of mouth will fail. That's what it is all about. People watch these guys stream and say "ahh I like that mod pack" next thing you know FTB rules the minecraft mod pack scence. Sure it sucks that the little people like us get the left overs but, anything is better the nothing.

I only use ftb cause it is just faster to use and keep all ID's the same. I have no prob making a pack myself. But they make easier for our server people to get and stay at the same ID's. Not far to our server players to tell them "if you want to play with us, you have to go download all this stuff"[DOUBLEPOST=1356274449][/DOUBLEPOST]
So not sure I understand. Is the DW20 pack being released today or is it just the next in line after Mindcrack? Thanks

As Slow stated this morning, they are working on DW's pack right now. DW is on with them as we speak. So I would guess yes it will be let out today. But only Slow knows for sure.

zahfelade

Jul 29, 2019
Because we the little people don't mean shit to them. SO go make a series and get loads of followers and then you can have a pack.

You have to remember, they created FTB to help support their Feed The Beast maps. They then expanded it to things like MindCrack and DireWolf20 (and to a lesser extent Forge), and while doing so decided to SHARE the launcher with the public. This makes it easier for us to play maps like Feed The Beast, follow along with the MindCrack folks and DireWolf20 during their seasons on YouTube. Everything else is secondary in terms of what the launcher is meant to do and support.

And, I'm not naive...I know they are getting some benefit out of everyone downloading and using their launcher, but that's not what it was originally meant for (from what I've gathered).

We can still go download all the individual mods, and create our own modded worlds/servers. FTB doesn't have any ownership or exclusive rights to the individual mods. They are just taking the grunt work out of creating those mod-packs for us. There's nothing stopping anyone from manually creating their own mod-pack, except laziness: "Why should I do it when FTB is already doing it for us?". That's fine....but have a little patience. Don't bitch about who gets it first, or how long you have to wait for it. If you want it sooner, build it yourself! They are doing the work, and they are releasing it to the people they originally intended on supporting from the get go before they release it to the public. Not only is this their choice, but it also helps the community as a whole. It's a small group of trusted and experienced players that are familiar with the mods. Sure they get it first, but they also get a chance to play and TEST the launcher and pack before us....kind of an unofficial beta test. If there are any bugs that were overlooked, these folks can find them before Slow-&-the-gang release it to the public and get flooded with a wave of "BUGS???? WTF-over???!!!"

A few more days of waiting (and I doubt it will even take that long) won't kill any of us. If you really want to play 1.4.6 sooner, download the mods yourself, and start playing. When the update for FTB is released, you can still use it...just port over your saves folder. In the meantime, go create a life-sized creeper statue out of cardboard or something....it'll be fun.

Reactions: Bavalos

Bobbels

Jul 29, 2019
honestly, i think they just go with what they got now.
for example, nobody has heard anything about an official logistic pipes release by krapht yet.
it's not like i need those, but would an ultimate pack really be ultimate without them?

so if the mods they have make some certain packs complete, of course they'd release those first.

diggerjohn99

Jul 29, 2019
You have to remember, they created FTB to help support their Feed The Beast maps. They then expanded it to things like MindCrack and DireWolf20 (and to a lesser extent Forge), and while doing so decided to SHARE the launcher with the public. This makes it easier for us to play maps like Feed The Beast, follow along with the MindCrack folks and DireWolf20 during their seasons on YouTube. Everything else is secondary in terms of what the launcher is meant to do and support.

And, I'm not naive...I know they are getting some benefit out of everyone downloading and using their launcher, but that's not what it was originally meant for (from what I've gathered).

We can still go download all the individual mods, and create our own modded worlds/servers. FTB doesn't have any ownership or exclusive rights to the individual mods. They are just taking the grunt work out of creating those mod-packs for us. There's nothing stopping anyone from manually creating their own mod-pack, except laziness: "Why should I do it when FTB is already doing it for us?". That's fine....but have a little patience. Don't bitch about who gets it first, or how long you have to wait for it. If you want it sooner, build it yourself! They are doing the work, and they are releasing it to the people they originally intended on supporting from the get go before they release it to the public. Not only is this their choice, but it also helps the community as a whole. It's a small group of trusted and experienced players that are familiar with the mods. Sure they get it first, but they also get a chance to play and TEST the launcher and pack before us....kind of an unofficial beta test. If there are any bugs that were overlooked, these folks can find them before Slow-&-the-gang release it to the public and get flooded with a wave of "BUGS???? WTF-over???!!!"

A few more days of waiting (and I doubt it will even take that long) won't kill any of us. If you really want to play 1.4.6 sooner, download the mods yourself, and start playing. When the update for FTB is released, you can still use it...just port over your saves folder. In the meantime, go create a life-sized creeper statue out of cardboard or something....it'll be fun.
The guy said he runs a server. not all of us have time to go through every pack. I love the Youtube guys, and I understand the need to get the word of mouth out there, but this isn't the best way to handle it. All they have done is they ticked off the 99.99999%. And watching some of them play, they AREN'T all that experienced with the mods.

Shadowquinn

Jul 29, 2019
We have been beta testing for them for months. The morons at mindcrack just starting using it. And in there very first episode that bashed the mod pack and the things in it (watch it if you think I am wrong) now as for DW, he is different. He takes time out to spotlight things and does seem to care about the pack so making a pack just for him is a damn nice thing to do. Moroncrack should have come second to us and DW. IMOP as always.

Barkaway

Jul 29, 2019
We have been beta testing for them for months. The morons at mindcrack just starting using it. And in there very first episode that bashed the mod pack and the things in it (watch it if you think I am wrong) now as for DW, he is different. He takes time out to spotlight things and does seem to care about the pack so making a pack just for him is a damn nice thing to do. Moroncrack should have come second to us and DW. IMOP as always.
Wow stop with all the hate will you, if you feel badly treated write a letter to slowpoke, dont drop it here...
Besides The youtube guys can get the pack out to alot more ppl than you ever can, live with it or GTFO..

Reactions: prototypeninja

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't paid a dime for FTB, so I have no problem with them releasing to the Mindcrack and Direwolfs of the world first. Those guys have tons and tons of fans and I know at least on my part DW20 and the Mindcrack crew has done a million times more to help FTB than I have or ever will.

Au Revoir

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see why that guy is complaining, They haven't even released the pack. Direwolf20 has no videos up, Besides his usual lp's and his Red Power 2 Spotlight. So i don't see why you are making a big deal about this. Red Power 2 is obtainable through here: www.eloraam.com.
As for the FTB modpack, your going to have to wait.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, I see the trolls have invaded..

All I can say is I appreciate all the work the FTB team has put into making the modded MC experience easy and user friendly. Waiting isn't fun, but I'd rather wait and have a game experience that is as bug free as possible than have something slapped together just to get it out ASAP.

BoneDisturbed

Jul 29, 2019
Are you really that pissed that some people who has help bring alot of attention to ftb, a mod pack designed especially for them,gets it acouple of hours before you do ? Get some perspective

MeLikesRabbits

Jul 29, 2019
I really appreciate all the work the FTB-guys do, since I am just stupid when it comes to combining mods to my MC.

I am one of those people who waited to start a new world when the beta-pack was released, since I can only play an hour or so a day and didn't want to restart very soon (since they all said, the real pack would be there soon).

We are months later, my fingers itch to start, we know the release is VERY close and now they say "it's ready but you can't get it before our friends try it"? That's ... sad ...

I just don't get why a couple of hours they can play before we do, will help them or the popularity of this pack... I just don't understand. Enlighten me please :)

Reactions: Shawn413
Status
Not open for further replies.