Red Power 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarLiner

Jul 29, 2019
Here List For FTB 1.4.5

Here's a suggestion: Politely ask Eloraam to release RP2 for 1.4.5, and the community could put together a pack just for 1.4.5, and ask for permission to upload it to the launcher. Only use mods the FTB team has permissions for, and try to get it added to the launcher as an officially supported FTB pack for 1.4.5?

That way we get a 1.4.6 pack, and a 1.4.5, at a minimum of effort for all parties?

John Neijzen

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a suggestion: Politely ask Eloraam to release RP2 for 1.4.5, and the community could put together a pack just for 1.4.5, and ask for permission to upload it to the launcher. Only use mods the FTB team has permissions for, and try to get it added to the launcher as an officially supported FTB pack for 1.4.5?

That way we get a 1.4.6 pack, and a 1.4.5, at a minimum of effort for all parties?

Where Can i Find List Of Permissions? i know i have to remove optifine from list what else and I had zip file but still have to remove some mods becuase of permissions

Edit: Nevermind I found http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-central-mod-permissions.3801/

Q: Does Ic2 Permission including Ic2 addon Or Not

Of Looks i Have only Permission to Buildcraft,ic2,fml,GuiAPI and ID Resolver;),Iron Chest and Compact Solars Well I better not make mod pack of looks

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you make a pac for 1.4.5? Other than Railcraft and Mystcraft as far as I know all the major mods are updated. IC2 is the only other one I don't think is officially updated, but there is a Jenkins 1.4.6 IC2 out there if you ask around. BC3, TE, Factorization, Redpower 2, Forestry, Steve's Carts, Twilight Forest and all the rest are 1.4.6 now.

Reactions: Vaupell

Laguy

Jul 29, 2019
Or another option is to just wait till tomorrow evening (Saturday) and see what Slowpoke and the FTB folks plan on releasing. I really didn't think they could make a 1.4.6 version by Saturday with all of the mods that need to be updated but based on the spreadsheet tweeted from FTB it looks like they might make it. Remember with this version (1.4.6 mod packs) they are taking the ore generation out of the individual mod packs and moving it to a config file so they really only need the worldgen part in order to let us go ahead start building worlds without having to do work arounds later. It just seems like you are suggesting a solution without knowing if there is even a problem. At least till we know what happens tomorrow.

Reactions: Thuulstrea

StarLiner

Jul 29, 2019
Or another option is to just wait till tomorrow evening (Saturday) and see what Slowpoke and the FTB folks plan on releasing. I really didn't think they could make a 1.4.6 version by Saturday with all of the mods that need to be updated but based on the spreadsheet tweeted from FTB it looks like they might make it. Remember with this version (1.4.6 mod packs) they are taking the ore generation out of the individual mod packs and moving it to a config file so they really only need the worldgen part in order to let us go ahead start building worlds without having to do work arounds later. It just seems like you are suggesting a solution without knowing if there is even a problem. At least till we know what happens tomorrow.

Our reasoning is that, while the main pack for 1.4.6 may be released, we'd still like a pack for 1.4.5 so we don't lose compatibility with everything else that doesn't update regularly ;)

I do agree with waiting until what Slowpoke says before committing to anything drastic.

Reactions: Thuulstrea

modpir8king

Jul 29, 2019
Just found this link over at the IC2 Forums it appears to be real and working version of RP2 pr6 for 1.4.5
It comes from this forum page:

Edited to remove link but leaving the forum page up as there should be no censorship on the net

Edited to remove the forum page up, because this is a private community that you had to register for, and therefore you must abide by it's rules. -Miss Morvy

slimjimjimmy

Jul 29, 2019
I would remove that as it wasn't released by eloraam and violates the Tos as she didn't release it
I mean im not tring to be rude I just want everyone to try and respect eloraams wishes

modpir8king

Jul 29, 2019
Please explain in the following where it says no links to other forums:

Rules
1. Be respectful. No racist, sexist or homophobic comments will be tolerated.
2. Be polite do not use obscenities or engage in name-calling.
3. Post topics in the appropriate forums.
4. Signatures should be less then 615 wide x 150 Tall.
5. No Spam posts.
6. Do not argue with a moderator. If you have an issue with a moderator talk to a global mod. If you have an issue with a global mod contact Slowpoke.
7.Profile pictures should be in good taste, non-offensive. Do not use your profile picture to make a statement about a personal world view.
8. No buy selling or advertising of items or services on the forums.

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
Where do people get those new Dev builds?

I tried searching for them, but apart from BC's Jenkins page, I could not find anything.

slimjimjimmy

Jul 29, 2019
Please explain in the following where it says no links to other forums:

Rules
1. Be respectful. No racist, sexist or homophobic comments will be tolerated.
2. Be polite do not use obscenities or engage in name-calling.
3. Post topics in the appropriate forums.
4. Signatures should be less then 615 wide x 150 Tall.
5. No Spam posts.
6. Do not argue with a moderator. If you have an issue with a moderator talk to a global mod. If you have an issue with a global mod contact Slowpoke.
7.Profile pictures should be in good taste, non-offensive. Do not use your profile picture to make a statement about a personal world view.
8. No buy selling or advertising of items or services on the forums.
Be respectful it is not respecting eloraams wishes and violates her Terms of service

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Edited to remove the forum page up, because this is a private community that you had to register for, and therefore you must abide by it's rules. -Miss Morvy

Was that a whip cracking, oh that takes me back to the old days in the fungeon...... erm never mind.

Reactions: Sertas

Shadowquinn

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone that gets this I hope to hell it burns the shit out of your pc. I want RP2 for 1.4.5 just as bad as anyone else but getting it from anyone but Elo herself is just asking for trouble.

Edit: Well getting it from the ftb pack also.

Reactions: slimjimjimmy

Morvelaira

Jul 29, 2019
Be respectful it is not respecting eloraams wishes and violates her Terms of service

What he said. We're also starting to run into rule #6 territory - don't argue with the moderator. Eloraam does not allow her mod to be distributed without her permission. I can promise you that link was not made public with her permission. As such, following the philosophy of proper use of all mods that we follow here at FTB, we will not allow that link on our forums.

Shadowquinn

Jul 29, 2019
This thread should be shut down now. Gonna be nothing but trouble from here on out. I would like to know how these people got a working ver of the mod and is there anything she can do to these ####ers for doing it, if in fact the stuff is real.

Edit: Hi Mora was nice talking to you tonight on Jade's stream.

Reactions: Zmaster27

appleplusy

Jul 29, 2019

why make a 1.4.5 pack when you can wait 1-2 days to get 1.4.6 with firework and stuff like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.