Red Power 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powersthatbe85

Jul 29, 2019
Eloraam is the only modder I've ever donated to before the mod even comes out. In fact before minecraft I never donated to any game modders. This community of modders is absolutely amazing and I can't wait to get me some frubes action.

bcrodi42

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if or when they will fix the bug with enderstorage and enderchests cause unless i have that mod disabled my game crashes and it is a pain not having it.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
It's a mix of Y2K and 2012. The mayans were smart enough to predict the end of the world but not the spanish conquerers.

Actually they predicted the spanish conquerers and figured out that there calender ending in 2012 is not a bad thing since they do not need it anymore anyways.

SCAL37

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure she's too busy to get it back up yet, what with the mod update and whatever else is going on in her life.

MasterZedd

Jul 29, 2019
Actually they predicted the spanish conquerers and figured out that there calender ending in 2012 is not a bad thing since they do not need it anymore anyways.
actually, the Mayan calender ends after a full universal rotation(or something like that). The theory of the world ending on that date is only attributed to the Mayan's because Nostradomus(i think) predicted the end of the world pretty close to the same date. However, Nostradomus was wrong on his predictions about 99% of the time. Still, what if he is right this time...?

Thuulstrea

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if or when they will fix the bug with enderstorage and enderchests cause unless i have that mod disabled my game crashes and it is a pain not having it.
It works fine in 1.4.5 on my modified Magic Pack, if you are talking about the shift click bug.

Nothing is certain but death and taxes... Pity they don't come in that order.

cab435

Jul 29, 2019
I missed redpower2 sued it so much in Tekkit. going with out it in Feedthebeast made me see just how much I needed it. The sorting machines are so god dam useful and I like them over using diamond pipes form buildcraft. Maybe thats just me, But still yay redpower!

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I don't get about Eloraam and Redpower is that the general consensus is she considers RP as a "work of art" as opposed to what the rest of us consider it as, which is a kickass nearly essential add-on to our games. She wants it to be perfect, which is understandable, but in software development, there's patches and updates for a reason. Software is never "perfect". Also, in regards to being one person and having a real life, this seems to be a big case of not accepting help from others when I'm sure there are heaps of talented programmers that would be more than willing to sift through the code fixing bugs, etc.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing I don't get about Eloraam and Redpower is that the general consensus is she considers RP as a "work of art" as opposed to what the rest of us consider it as, which is a kickass nearly essential add-on to our games. She wants it to be perfect, which is understandable, but in software development, there's patches and updates for a reason. Software is never "perfect". Also, in regards to being one person and having a real life, this seems to be a big case of not accepting help from others when I'm sure there are heaps of talented programmers that would be more than willing to sift through the code fixing bugs, etc.

Eloraam's Mod is like a kid. She will program it till it's a teenager and when she thinks her teenager can handle the big wide world on it's own and doesn't need mother anymore she will release it =P Fun way to see it.

Yes, It's Eloraam's art work, She does it in her time and when it comes down to sharing her code that means other people will see how she does some things or how she does code. Eloraam doesn't like that.. We would have seen people coding beside her by now if she liked people helping.

Eloraam made Redpower cos she wanted these items for her game play not because everyone else wanted it ;)

slimjimjimmy

Jul 29, 2019
Eloraam's Mod is like a kid. She will program it will it's a teenager and when she thinks her teenager can handle the big wide world on it's own and doesn't need mother anymore she will release it =P Fun way to see it. Yes said:
i like this its a nice way to look at it

Reactions: Lawbroken
Status
Not open for further replies.