Red Power 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim johnstone

Jul 29, 2019
Blimy, since the giggles we had yesterday about the post by slowpoke, this thread's turning into a MCforums clone :( If it's released on the 21st, then great. If it's released sooner then yay!

Reactions: iceDave

Sheriff

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't Direwolf say it'd be released last weekend? /cry

I may religiously hate Buildcraft, but having not played Minecraft since 1.2.5, I am really itching to try out some of the newer mod updates. Like Thaumcraft3, and those Steam Boilers and such...
Are BC Pipes a viable alternative to RP2 [amazing, god-like, best-transport-system-in-the-world, I-may-be-extremely-biased] Pipes?

jim johnstone

Jul 29, 2019
BC pipes are pretty decent tbh, made more so with additional BC objects. You can get some reasonably good builds going using them. OFC RP2 adds some improved functionality in some aspects, but BC ones do the job.

grindle2000

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know why everyone is waiting for the pack to be updated , just do it yourself , it is very easy to put a pack together will all the currently updated mods (took around 20 min including config tweaks) and then you can just play the available mods now.

I personally am not waiting for the new Red Power, while it makes things easier , it doesn't really add much that cant be done with the current mods just using different building techniques.

Sheriff

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know why everyone is waiting for the pack to be updated , just do it yourself , it is very easy to put a pack together will all the currently updated mods (took around 20 min including config tweaks) and then you can just play the available mods now.
Tweaking configs too hard. I just install all the mods, and hope nothing conflicts... >_<

beringtom

Jul 29, 2019

I personally am not waiting for the new Red Power, while it makes things easier , it doesn't really add much that cant be done with the current mods just using different building techniques.

But if you would like to keep your world nice and clean like we do, you would want to wait for RP.
the world gen will mess your world up big time. ;)

jim johnstone

Jul 29, 2019
The allure of the FTB modpacks isn't just the simplicity of not having to make a mass of config changes, it's that any future changes once final releases are made, won't affect your world. Any uploading of new versions will be done for you, configs for the mods will remain the same, making it a pretty much hands free system. I'd rather that than go through the nightmare of doing it all myself, only to find I've multiple conflicts and crashes due to the frequent (and, TBH, irritating) changes. Fireworks? Pfft...

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
Putting your own pack together is hardly a nightmare. I can usually get it done in 30-60 minutes, depending on how many crashes I encounter. That's way less time than it takes for even a well-maintained pack like FTB to update.

It doesn't make sense to complain bitterly about the pack being out of date. If you don't want to wait, then fix it yourself.

jim johnstone

Jul 29, 2019
Putting your own pack together is hardly a nightmare. I can usually get it done in 30-60 minutes, depending on how many crashes I encounter. That's way less time than it takes for even a well-maintained pack like FTB to update.

It doesn't make sense to complain bitterly about the pack being out of date. If you don't want to wait, then fix it yourself.
As far as I'm aware, I've never complained about the pack not being up to date. I'm happy enough waiting while the FTB devs get it together, and I'm fairly certain, having had a prerelease RP2 to use as a template, the configs are pretty much in place already. I'm using the 1.4.2 beta pack for plittering with and the 1.2.5 for RP testing while I wait on the FTB release. Not through any latent lazyness, but because I too have a RL including a GF, job and friends (ow yes, the other things you can be doing outside of playing with computers). Full respects to slow and the rest of the devs here for their time and effort and big huggles to Elo for the same. Luvnugs all round <3

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
I apologize if it sounded like I was aiming my comment at you personally, Jim Johnstone. I meant it more as a general remark, for indeed I've never seen you complaining. :)

That said, I'm always surprised when people claim that modding Minecraft is exceptionally time consuming or difficult, because in my experience it's neither.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
I'm perfectly fine with the end of the world, lets face it with liberals, global warming and the idiots at walmart there's not much here worth keeping around :) So lets pack that up and get it out.

iceDave

Jul 29, 2019
Blimy, since the giggles we had yesterday about the post by slowpoke, this thread's turning into a MCforums clone :( If it's released on the 21st, then great. If it's released sooner then yay!

This is exactly what i think... not worth reading here anymore... Finally someone give us a date and people still complaining and crying... wth.. people shut up.. sry.. take it or leave it... wait for it or go away.....

JastyFTW

Jul 29, 2019
Why so many words about things we can´t change with words?
I´d just spend ELO 30 USD...

If you're serious about spending $30 for RP2 feel free to donate directly to Eloraam via the paypal link she posted in her MinecraftForum.net post. Here is a link to her Forum Post: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/365357-125-eloraams-mods-redpower-2-prerelease-5b2/

Do note: that this forum post was made over a year ago so if someone could confirm that the Paypal link is still valid, that would be great.

Shawn413

Jul 29, 2019
I posted my opinion. I did so in a nice, calm manor. I was neither whining or bi#ching about how Elo does things. I respect her right to keep quiet if she wants. But on the other hand, I also have a right to state my opinion, just as you have the right to ignore it. This thread/post is no where near as bad as the MCF, yet. But things like the OP is inviting things like that to happen.

P.s. I have a pretty good sense of humour, or so I've been told. One can only watch modders be utter trolls just to get a laugh at as user bases expense.

Edited for grammar.

runlvlzero

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the ETA. I have been holding back on really getting into FTB because it needs some updates to some of the other mods. Though its fine in its current state. Small things in 1.4.2 mods like red smooth stone transparency really interfere with immersion. I would be really appreciative if some mods could be patched and tweeked in the interim.

But if not, its worth the wait. Not complaining here. I will likely reroll a world for my grand creations once a stable release comes. For now its nice to have the current pack to learn in for us newbies. And I'm sure this information will help others who are doing small side projects as to whether to wait or not on an official update.

*updated for spelling

Status
Not open for further replies.