Recommended world restarts in 1.6.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
There is one other thing that RP has that nothing else does - bundled cable that can interface with Computercraft.
Does the MFR rednet not work with CC? IIRC (haven't tested this myself) it can also have 16 colors, so it should be able to provide the same functionality. It may be, that CC and/or MFR need to adapt their interfaces before this will work, but most probably this is only a matter of time until this happens.

power crystals

Jul 29, 2019
CC guys are doing it on their end. I'm not sure what build has it but it is in the betas I believe. MFR's cable is more powerful anyway because it can carry any integer value - in recent MFR betas sending a negative signal to a conveyor will make it reverse.

Ok shameless self-promotion over.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Oh hooray, more hand-wringing about RP2.[DOUBLEPOST=1369410647][/DOUBLEPOST]
CC guys are doing it on their end. I'm not sure what build has it but it is in the betas I believe. MFR's cable is more powerful anyway because it can carry any integer value - in recent MFR betas sending a negative signal to a conveyor will make it reverse.

I have one if these beta builds and it is pretty dang awesome. Coupled with PRCs you can make some absolutely crazy things.

I keep waiting for programmable RGB pixels that aren't computer monitors, powercrystals. Like they take the signal and break it into color components and set color and brightness. Like red note but form color, with an adaptive texture.

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
I think there is one more block... That nothing replaces in Redpower... The deployer. I though MFR had a block but I guess I was wrong. At least thats what they screamed at me on reddit.

Anubis

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic Construct introduces a block that is better than the deployer, don't remeber the name though -.- . It's pretty cool you can set whether it left clicks or right clicks with the item =D

I thought there were a few others as well.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019

It may have been self promotion but if your mod is good enough I don't think anyone will care.

And your mod is good enough

Reactions: tehBlobLord

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
As rednets superiority (bundled jacketed by default with no dye required? holycrap) became clear to me, I've realized over the past few weeks that really what I'd miss most from rp2 is it's power system. I realize many people aren't fond of it but I adore the entire system. Windmills are just so win, Transformers are a realistic (as opposed to arbitrary) complexity step, Blutric engines are amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing, and thermopiles remain unique and fun (add xyice for zest!)

The interplay is hilarious, because Powercrystals giveth, and he taketh away; Powerconverters is what allows me to power everything with rp2 @_@

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Can a turtle set the frequency details, or are they saved with a tesseract when a tesseract is broken and replaced?

Ender chest instead of item tesseract works fine and for power use a redstone energy cell with another program that checks its power and recharges like in dw20's series

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, that's the million dollar question.

Because you know, I was about to start a 1.5.2 server with my friends... >_<
I would say if your starting a small server with your mates go for it, if at the time you cant update remake the map & spawn in the items you guys are require to rebuild to the stage you were at.

Or use it as a learning curve for the new map, ether way your on a server with you mates having fun so...

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
This isn't new news. We've known that most 1.4.x worlds wouldn't survive into 1.6. Plus with the new mods that are becoming mainstream and the changes to the tried and true mods like TE, there's a huge incentive to start over with all the new things. It sucks, but that's the way with mods.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, that's the million dollar question.

Because you know, I was about to start a 1.5.2 server with my friends... >_<

If your using the beta I hope you read that bit about the IDs not being correct and most likely changing between beta and release of 1.5.2

Reactions: RedBoss

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic Construct introduces a block that is better than the deployer, don't remeber the name though -.- . It's pretty cool you can set whether it left clicks or right clicks with the item =D

I thought there were a few others as well.
Yeah I seem to remember it can single click with any item or autoclick at 1 per sec, I too forget the name.

but the down side is too many OP items in that add on mod for TC.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019

Ok that is pimp switchable conveyors.

minusthedrifter

Jul 29, 2019
I heard rumor a few days back on this forum that XLBiomes was going to be replaced with Biomes'o'Plenty. Any truth to this? Would make restarting sting quite a bit less since it would be awesome instead.

If this isn't true does anyone know how hard it would be to make the change manually?

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
I heard rumor a few days back on this forum that XLBiomes was going to be replaced with Biomes'o'Plenty. Any truth to this? Would make restarting sting quite a bit less since it would be awesome instead.

If this isn't true does anyone know how hard it would be to make the change manually?

BoP, in my opinion is MUCH better than XL.

Anyway, you CAN copy over .dats, can't you?

Reactions: RedBoss

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, other way around, CC had permission from elo to interface with bundled cables.

Also wrong. CC reverse engineered the bundled cable in order to interface it, and later got permission to do what they already did. (Probably by promising not to release the information)

Regardless, CC not interfacing with Rednet is purely on CC's side. It's an open API.

PCPuddin

Jul 29, 2019
There's always the potential of RP in 1.6, but needless to say there's no plan on it so far. Myself, I've been making my recent builds and base without RP .. so, CC based systems, buildcraft red/blue pipe wire and structure pipes, etc. It's an interesting process unto itself, and if a server has a month to "de-RP" themselves, this sort of issue can be tackled. Of course, if someone's used RP microblocks to hold up a lava block .. yeah .. that could quickly turn ugly. Plus, there's no real (any?) replacement for RP frames.

And this is why, backups are awesome ;)
Yeh I've kinda been doing that myself by replacing all my RP pipes with AE cable which gives me far more control over everything and on another note does anybody know if MFR will be added to the Direwolf20 pack after the update?[DOUBLEPOST=1369433697][/DOUBLEPOST]
You would have to use MC edit to delete all the unused chunks around you and then it would probably load the BOP biomes:)