Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
So what do you think about FyberOptics 1.2.5 to 1.7.10 witchcraft?

Evil thoughts of an Hqm pack using mods that we use today, just the versions from back then, for all the people that came in at 1.4.7 and later (myself included). Aslong as nobody spoiled the secret it could be quite hilarious

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: YX33A

pancakemaster24

Jul 29, 2019
Looks good. Also excited Aether 2 is back and now compatible with everything and significantly less buggy.
I was actually really surprised when I add the Aether 2 to my mod instance and it worked. It was even compatible with tinkers construct and nei (except when you add potion effect to yourself it really messes up when you do that.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
What about using DRM against malicious mods? If MaliciousMod installs a trojan, I think NotMaliciousMod should be allowed to deactivate and uninstall MaliciousMod. Or would that make you ban NotMaliciousMod from your packs?

What if random mod dev decides to have a fit and deactivate and uninstall mod. Or add a trojan.
Heck a DRM like that might actually qualify as a trojan.

Once something is installed on anthers computer you lose the right to tamper with it.

That old version callback will also mess with projects like FyberOptics work to let old versions of mode work with new versions of MC.
Also anyone who can add a virus into a mod can remove the DRM very easily.

Last edited:

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
... will this let mods work on a dedicated server? (i.e.: mod on the server, and all the clients).

What blasts from the past would I want to resurrect ... (1.2.5 mystcraft with easy books and lots of black decay :)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
... will this let mods work on a dedicated server? (i.e.: mod on the server, and all the clients).

What blasts from the past would I want to resurrect ... (1.2.5 mystcraft with easy books and lots of black decay :)

It probably will. But it's still in early dev state. I don't think he has even considered testing it in multyplayer yet.
But I imagine that might be part of his goals.
Keep in mine those mods will have all the bugs they had in the 1.2.5 days. And I don't imagine many mods devs are going to be willing to bug fix. But who knows. 1.2.5 could be the new 1.8.