Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

You know you want to click... DO IT.
v2zqtc.jpg

I had to follow up with this. :D

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019
Can't find the exact link for it, but it was an argument between Grum and another guy about MC modding in general.
Grum stated something like that if a portion of the community stuck with a certain version for too long, they would have to take action against that.
He said something like that it would be negative for Mojang having players using an older version that could not be supported.

Edit: Oh NVM I think I found it
Edit2: This post is probably not accurate. It was written on the top of my head with the info I remembered from reading that thread a while ago

Last edited:
Reactions: VapourDrive

RenzosNips

Jul 29, 2019
Let them take action. It would make a lot of people move to a more easily modded Minecraft "clone". They've been promising a mod API for a long time, and the only thing they have done is make modders lives hell. I mean, I remember 1.2 -> 1.3. A lot of people quit... Now with the new JSON file issues, and the memory issue... they aren't giving us a lot of choices. We'll probably work around them, like the chunk generation issue currently in 1.7.10 but...

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
If they take action, so be it. I will laugh as they get screamed at by thousands upon thousands of angry fans, and even worse, piss off the YouTubers and that whole community.

I do feel we need our own game though.

Reactions: RedBoss and 1SDAN