Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like at one point you could use your force rod on the armour and it would clean slate it, instead of just giving you like ingots back, but that was back in 1.5.2 when I remember doing that.

That would be a neat trick now. The armor isn't made from force ingots anymore. You make it by using the force rod with leather armor now.

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
That would be a neat trick now. The armor isn't made from force ingots anymore. You make it by using the force rod with leather armor now.
He went back to leather? I'm not sure if the leather or ingots is harder to obtain in honesty though.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Something which makes everything that can be oredictionary'd going through it become oredictionary'd, stopping the need for as much storage as you would have otherwise.
I have o idea how possible that is, I'm hoping the answer is very.

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019
Something which makes everything that can be oredictionary'd going through it become oredictionary'd, stopping the need for as much storage as you would have otherwise.
I have o idea how possible that is, I'm hoping the answer is very.
Are you thinking of a block or something else? Cause I'm pretty sure you can't change the oredictionary after the game has started.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Are you thinking of a block or something else? Cause I'm pretty sure you can't change the oredictionary after the game has started.
I mean as in anything that passes through your system will become that same kind of item, e.g. all the different coppers would become a single one.

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019
I mean as in anything that passes through your system will become that same kind of item, e.g. all the different coppers would become a single one.
That could cause quite big problems.
And I fail to see the usage of this as most modpack makers disable all but one of a type of ore.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Instead, might you be able to make an easily-automatable block for the same purpose? I know there's already a mod that does this, but perhaps you could make one which accept more than one thing, perhaps such as say accepting copper, tin, and silver, and hence making them all the same mod types?

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Instead, might you be able to make an easily-automatable block for the same purpose? I know there's already a mod that does this, but perhaps you could make one which accept more than one thing, perhaps such as say accepting copper, tin, and silver, and hence making them all the same mod types?
The auto dictionary converter from Mariculture can do that, and you can specify which ingot from which mod to convert into. JABBA barrels also convert to whatever thing was already in them.

Reactions: the_j485

Andri92

Jul 29, 2019
The auto dictionary converter from Mariculture can do that, and you can specify which ingot from which mod to convert into. JABBA barrels also convert to whatever thing was already in them.
What about the MFR unifier? I think it also works well for that purpose.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
What about the MFR unifier? I think it also works well for that purpose.

It theoretically should, but I've heard people report that it gets confused and stops working, or just didn't work with some items for some reason.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I found a great video that explains auto-crafting IC2 using Buildcraft.

ygnzOdz.jpg

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Does anyone have a suggestion for Extended Automation?
I'm getting a coding itch
First off, THANK YOU for Extended Automation. I've been really interested in Harvestcraft lately. I appreciate it working with MFR.

As far as a suggestion, Force Trees for MFR integration? Some way of recognizing fruit trees and not cutting down the trees, just harvesting the fruits instead? Maybe put in Berry Picker support for Harvestcraft tree fruits?

What was the mod that let you right-click the crops to harvest and replant automatically in Agrarian Skies? Because I really liked that functionality.

Reactions: pizzawolf14

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly, MFR's api does not support adding pickable fruits without changing the block itself :(
Edit: Mekanisms API is great! So I added recipes for turning all raw Harvestcraft vegetables into biofuel. Now onto fruits...

Last edited: