Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Well, first ever minecraft thingy I've ever done, but... I've updated MagicBees to 1.7.10 now.
Everything seems to work, but I can't do any real testing without Thaumcraft.
https://bitbucket.org/Arkandos/magic-bees/downloads

Edit: It's on bitbucket because I can't find a way to fork the project from GitHub
I literally wondered on here hoping to find news about a fork of magic bees to be pleasantly surprised to find you have done everything already. You rock sir.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Does anyone know if NEI_Plugins will be updated? It adds crafting recipes for forestry machines as well as many other mods. The author seems to be busy with RL.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Does anyone know if NEI_Plugins will be updated? It adds crafting recipes for forestry machines as well as many other mods. The author seems to be busy with RL.
Iirc it doesn't "add recipes" it just adds a handler to allow you to see the recipes. They're still there you just don't know it.

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019
No it doesn't, but it is being worked on iirc
So I guess Witchery bees are put on ice for now.
Was looking at the bloodmagic api and began thinking about bloodmagic bees.
Could use alchemy and the altar to create the "mundane" bees instead of making new hives for them.
Edit: Maybe some kind of bound frame?

Reactions: SatanicSanta

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
So I guess Witchery bees are put on ice for now.
Was looking at the bloodmagic api and began thinking about bloodmagic bees.
Could use alchemy and the altar to create the "mundane" bees instead of making new hives for them.
I'm not sure if it makes sense that mundane bees are created through mystical apparatus.
[/fancywords]

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you would basically put in one of the mundane bees from magicbees in the altar, infuse them with lifeessence to get the new base for the bloodmagic branch.
Or that was my initial idea. I'm always up for suggestions.
Ah. It should (IMO) have a special comb, because this is a blood-infused bee and blood does some neat things. I don't care if the comb is mostly useless, it should be a special comb. I think that it being low-tier, it should be crated in a T2 altar, and the rest of the low-tier bees are obtained through breeding. For upper-tier bees, require a Master's (?) Blood Orb in the alchemy set along with a few other high-tier alchemy ingredients.
All of this is just IMO.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Well, you would basically put in one of the mundane bees from magicbees in the altar, infuse them with lifeessence to get the new base for the bloodmagic branch.
Or that was my initial idea. I'm always up for suggestions.

I like it. What are you thinking of for bee products?

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019
Bloody combs? Produce Honey Blood and Honey Blood turns into the blood liquid in the squeezer?
"I want some more bloody combs!"

Ah. It should (IMO) have a special comb, because this is a blood-infused bee and blood does some neat things. I don't care if the comb is mostly useless, it should be a special comb. I think that it being low-tier, it should be crated in a T2 altar, and the rest of the low-tier bees are obtained through breeding. For upper-tier bees, require a Master's (?) Blood Orb in the alchemy set along with a few other high-tier alchemy ingredients.
All of this is just IMO.
Maybe the upper-tier bees come from a "Bound bee" created using the ritual of binding then using the alchemy idea you suggested?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
@Yusunoha, @VikeStep, since you two were the ones discussing a different setup for news, you may want to see Captainnana's post directly above mine.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
So do you mean each mod news update gets its own thread? or do our daily posts get their own thread in this section and people can discuss it there?

If we create a thread for every update then there will be way too many to keep track of. This means that only authorised people can post the daily recaps and anyone can respond to it

Reactions: SatanicSanta

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Or would it be something like a thread for each mod and when it gets updated someone will reply to that thread with a changelog. That would also give a chance for people to let there mods be know... Just start a new thread and add a changelog. Or it could just be for "main" mods..... Anyways I'm rambling so yah.....

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Or would it be something like a thread for each mod and when it gets updated someone will reply to that thread with a changelog. That would also give a chance for people to let there mods be know... Just start a new thread and add a changelog. Or it could just be for "main" mods..... Anyways I'm rambling so yah.....

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2
* eats rambling potato*