Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, what was the watering can bug?
Watering cans working in fake players like Autonomous Activators. Given the speed at which it increases plant growth and the cheap cost to make them, they were intended to only be used by players.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Watering cans working in fake players like Autonomous Activators. Given the speed at which it increases plant growth and the cheap cost to make them, they were intended to only be used by players.
Don't forget the fact that multiple activators can work together. Even when he dropped it'd effect to 20% it was still over powered. But so what. I like it. And I don't remember any one complaining about it. :(

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I've been thinking about Elo's "big announcement" comment, and I have to wonder if she's finally going to accept some help; maybe she'll be working with the developer of Project: Red? Her textures are already being used by permission, after all.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I've been thinking about Elo's "big announcement" comment, and I have to wonder if she's finally going to accept some help; maybe she'll be working with the developer of Project: Red? Her textures are already being used by permission, after all.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last time she posted she had a big announcement was Aug 29. And then she vanished for almost a year. She has as good a since of time as "The Doctor".

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I thought they broke when used in a fake player.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
I thought they broke when used in a fake player.

When they were added to the mod they never broke and the author did not take autonomous activators or other ways to automate them into account. As they were intended to be a easy to use early game way to manually speed up crops.

Which naturally resulted in people figuring out that they can exploit them with amazing results to the authors dismay. As a result he fixed the oversight that allowed the unintentional automation to be possible. AKA the water cans breaking when used by fake players.

A similar thing happened awhile ago with AE's quartz grinder, who's crank used to allow fake players such as turtles to interact with it. Which was similarly nerfed as it was never intended to be automated.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
When they were added to the mod they never broke and the author did not take autonomous activators or other ways to automate them into account. As they were intended to be a easy to use early game way to manually speed up crops.

Which naturally resulted in people figuring out that they can exploit them with amazing results to the authors dismay. As a result he fixed the oversight that allowed the unintentional automation to be possible. AKA the water cans breaking when used by fake players.

A similar thing happened awhile ago with AE's quartz grinder, who's crank used to allow fake players such as turtles to interact with it. Which was similarly nerfed as it was never intended to be automated.

........ ^^ Until direwolf showed on one of his videos how to exploit it with a factorisation robotic arm... :( oh well...

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
........ ^^ Until direwolf showed on one of his videos how to exploit it with a factorisation robotic arm... :( oh well...
That only happened because the arm wasn't registered as a fake player. I think it was due to a bug in Forge why it wasn't registered.

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
There's a lot of fake players floating around ... there were a few bugs with the forge one a while ago (late 1.6.4 forge days iirc) so people kinda moved away from it. Most people (including neptune pink) understand that algo doesn't want it automated and for the most part there are preventative measures on both ends of said automation, everything that can crank it is considered a bug.
Also, forge 1.7.10_pre3 is *soon* (from general feel) going to be released and should be awesome, and allow people with render issues to update.

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
There's a lot of fake players floating around ... there were a few bugs with the forge one a while ago (late 1.6.4 forge days iirc) so people kinda moved away from it. Most people (including neptune pink) understand that algo doesn't want it automated and for the most part there are preventative measures on both ends of said automation, everything that can crank it is considered a bug.
Also, forge 1.7.10_pre3 is *soon* (from general feel) going to be released and should be awesome, and allow people with render issues to update.
how do you mead render issues?

hatecreeper

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't read all of this thread but i saw in the "whats new in modded minecraft today" that we should discuss this here..
So i am happy that Eloraam is back but i don't think she should 'waste' her time and efforts on updating Red Power. There are better (better bc they are updated and have new, greater features), different versions released of her mod. Sure if she wishes todo so she is free todo but it's just something i find not worth it. On the other hand if she wants to get back into modding I don't think it would be that easy to do something new and big (tell me if you have an idea of a mod with alot of content that isn't already a thing :p)
Does anyone else share this opinion? And I hope I didn't make someone mad heh

Also Dorque above said something about working together with Project Red..i think that is a brilliant idea! :)

Reactions: 1SDAN

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't read all of this thread but i saw in the "whats new in modded minecraft today" that we should discuss this here..
So i am happy that Eloraam is back but i don't think she should 'waste' her time and efforts on updating Red Power. There are better (better bc they are updated and have new, greater features), different versions released of her mod. Sure if she wishes todo so she is free todo but it's just something i find not worth it. On the other hand if she wants to get back into modding I don't think it would be that easy to do something new and big (tell me if you have an idea of a mod with alot of content that isn't already a thing :p)
Does anyone else share this opinion? And I hope I didn't make someone mad heh

Also Dorque above said something about working together with Project Red..i think that is a brilliant idea! :)
For more discussion on that topic you might enjoy this thread. http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/eloram.46695/

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
how do you mean render issues?
There was the really simple UX rotate deal...? (flipped bed textures, but might be UV flip or something) which was mostly just irritating as far as I know; but some of the more powerful render tools had issues which have kept mDiyo from supporting 1.7 as of yet. Seems somewhat iffy because thaumcraft and enderIO have some of the craziest rendering code ever and they both haven't had much issue...

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, I hope the rendering being fixed lets some mods update as stated. I love EnderIO to death, but when it's my only tech mod except for a few very lesser known mods it begins to grind you only using the same machines. Hell I've even gone back to BC because Mekanism and TE aren't updated yet, once they get updated I'm done with BC again.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Its something that Minemaarten and Quetzi are working on for 1.7.2. I'm sure there are others, but those are the two I know of. Its like RP2. It adds in the basic tools and gems, volcanoes (that ERUPT), and apparently the tubes are back as well now. Probably more is in the works, and I eagerly await it.

With all their hard work, while I'm happy Eloraam is back, I'm hoping that she'll decide to make something new and innovative like RP2 was back in the day.

TBH I'm not too pleased with there being another RP2 clone out there.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see the point of these Blue Power pipes anyway, given how Tubes! already exists and it's means to be a clone (with additional functionality) of RP2 tubes. Unless they add regulators too because boy I miss those in non-translocator form

Ah yeah and Mekanism's pipes do the exact same color-coding thing as well

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
One of the things about the various mods that add pipes is that they show a lot of reward immediately, "ooh, item transportation, shiny" whereas a lot of the grindy stuff from rp2 is a pain to make and fewer people use them. We end up being unsatisfied with a ton of "sorting" and pipe mods. In 1.4.7 there were two options -> BC and RP2. Now there's still BC and there's EIO, Mekanism, TE, Tubes, Project Red, and more (Bluecraft something etc). My biggest problem with this new clone is that there already is an opensource mod that is designed to be an rp2 replacement, shouldn't have borked the pipe system up but meh. I personally don't care for another mod that decides to lob volcanoes in with tech...