Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
JEI's good enough anyway. It sort of lacks a few inconsequential features that some people might want.
As far as looking up recipes goes it does the job

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
JEI's good enough anyway. It sort of lacks a few inconsequential features that some people might want.
As far as looking up recipes goes it does the job

I was told that working with the JEI API is horrendous though. Something like 11 individual classes for a single recipe handler, whereas with NEI you only had 1 or 2.

Reactions: RedBoss

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I was told that working with the JEI API is horrendous though. Something like 11 individual classes for a single recipe handler, whereas with NEI you only had 1 or 2.
Is NEI post 1.8 yet though? I can tell JEI is not quite as good yet but it still does the job.

Reactions: RedBoss

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Is NEI post 1.8 yet though? I can tell JEI is not quite as good yet but it still does the job.

In what way isn't it as good I find nothing missing in JEI that is present in NEI (except for things that don't belong there like mob spawn highlighting and weather control) For those last features there are other mods

Chocohead

Jul 29, 2019
It is the opposite. JEI's API is a huge deal better and easier then the NEI API.
Recipe plugins that work the same still require separate classes though, even if the classes they use are exactly the same (thus it's overhead for the sake of it), having to extend a class purely for the sake of it's name being different is silly.

CyanideX

Jul 29, 2019
In what way isn't it as good I find nothing missing in JEI that is present in NEI (except for things that don't belong there like mob spawn highlighting and weather control) For those last features there are other mods

I know a lot of people are just waiting on Creative+. For me, that's the one thing I miss most from NEI. When I retexture a mod I love being able to save and name my inventories; not a must-have but it's still very useful.

Also, and this may just be me but, I loved having the search bar in the bottom center of the screen even though it makes WAY more sense to have it below the items. :p

Edit: Does JEI offer PNG exporting of items or any other data dumps?

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Just made a new and very small 1.9 mod called CombatHelp.

This is a really small mod that adds a single hotkey (default backslash) that will search your inventory for a shield and place it in the offhand. That way you can use your off hand for torches or other things but still have a quick way to get a shield there in case of trouble.

By default this mod prefers the Tinkers Construct battlesign and if that is not present it will use a vanilla shield. This can be configured.

Maybe future versions of this mod will have more but for now this is it.

Let me know if you have issues

Download: http://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/244975-combathelp

Have fun

Does it also work backwards? Press it again with the shield equipped and it places whatever was in the second hand slot back?

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
So does Combat help just quickly switchs a torch from your hand to a sword? if so that is really helpful

It has two functions:

1) If you press \ (backslash by default) then it will try to find a shield in your inventory (or a tinkers construct battlesign) and move that immediately in your offhand slot where you can use it.

2) You can remember three different hotbars (+ offhand slot) and then with one press of a key restore that specific configuration. Say you have a nice hotbar (sword, axe, bow, shield) for fighting. You remember that. Then you have a hotbar useful for building (with wrench, pickaxe, ...) and then you remember that. Now you can quickly switch between these two sets.

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
Released the first beta of The One Probe. This is a new mod for Minecraft 1.9 that is a more immersive alternative for WAILA. It works like WAILA but you have to hold a probe in your hand before you can see the information (note that this requirement can be disabled in the config).

More information about this mod can be found here: https://github.com/McJty/TheOneProbe/wiki

You can download the mod from Curse: http://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/245211-the-one-probe

N8mL8l2.png

I also updated McJtyLib, RFTools Dimensions and Deep Resonance have been updated to support this mod.

Have fun!
When you were teasing this on Reddit I thought this will just be a part of RFTools.
Thank you for making it stand-alone!

Reactions: McJty

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Great, Mekanism has updated but bad news, features new textures from CyanidX. It's gone now from detailed 32x textures to drab 16x textures (which for some bizarre reason, have been resized to 32x).
Sorry, but while I like some of CyanidX's work, these new textures are not an improvement on the originals.

Oh well, time to restore the original textures in my own resource pack.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Great, Mekanism has updated but bad news, features new textures from CyanidX. It's gone now from detailed 32x textures to drab 16x textures (which for some bizarre reason, have been resized to 32x).
Sorry, but while I like some of CyanidX's work, these new textures are not an improvement on the originals.

Keep me informed. I'll definitely want to use it. The textures looked nice on the Shader-fueled preview, but seeing them in game they just look like more boring versions of the bland BC textures.

Reactions: Golrith

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Keep me informed. I'll definitely want to use it. The textures looked nice on the Shader-fueled preview, but seeing them in game they just look like more boring versions of the bland BC textures.
I'm actually working on a modpack and a resource pack that is based on 32x vanilla textures (and my own work or john smith for mod support). I like most of Vanilla MC textures, but they really could benefit from being 32x.
Resource pack is designed specifically for the modpack, with new textures to reflect recipe changes (for example, BC pipes are made from metals, so textures have been scaled up and match the recipe materials)

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill

I have to agree with you...