Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I heard that, and I apologize in advance for it being crappy. And fyi, it was 5 hours, not a weekend thank you :p

All I gotta ask is this: when are you gonna patch the memory leaks? They've been playing hell with my copy of the OS for a while now.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Or they could break the trend... :p
Considering that they've got a universal Windows 10 apps system, are allowing developers to reuse code from iOS and Android games, and their universal app system includes PCs, phones, and even their amazing AR headset(!), TBH I'd be impressed if they managed to make it awful.
Also, they're letting you reuse chrome addons in their new browser, along with releasing official .NET runtimes for OSX and Linux.
....I may be more than slightly excited.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
They alternate what versions will be terrible. XP was good, Vista was bad, 7 was good, 8 was bad, and now 10 is coming out and, based on the trend, will be a good OS.

Wait you forgot 9. Crap we are getting a bad one again. What happened to 9 are they keeping the good one for themselves. It's a conspiracy I tell you a conspiracy between herobrine and the dragon monster aliens from the planet Zi.

Reactions: gold49

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Wait you forgot 9. Crap we are getting a bad one again. What happened to 9 are they keeping the good one for themselves. It's a conspiracy I tell you a conspiracy between herobrine and the dragon monster aliens from the planet Zi.
From what I heard, it's because of bad version checking code that assumes that any version beginning with 9 would be windows 95 or 98.