Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Leonard Nimoy, the man who played Spock in Star Trek, passed away.
tumblr_lnm55cd1PC1qa48wxo1_500.gif

BarbasTheDog

Jul 29, 2019
Of all the people today, I feel sorry for those who still haven't had the chance to appreciate what wonderful things Leonard Nimoy brought to the world.
May his memory rest in peace.

Reactions: pc_assassin

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently, somebody made a 2D version of Minecraft for the TI Nspire. I repeat: somebody made a largely functional (has both creative and survival, with mobs) version of Minecraft for a freaking graphing calculator. Admittedly, a very powerful graphing calculator, but still...damn.

(The entry for it should be up at the top of the list, if its not, look for "minecraft2d.zip.")

Reactions: pc_assassin

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently, somebody made a 2D version of Minecraft for the TI Nspire. I repeat: somebody made a largely functional (has both creative and survival, with mobs) version of Minecraft for a freaking graphing calculator. Admittedly, a very powerful graphing calculator, but still...damn.

(The entry for it should be up at the top of the list, if its not, look for "minecraft2d.zip.")
Look up the Pokemon remake. :D

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Hello I have been playing on FTB for a bit now and I would like you guys to make Infinity modpack linked to other modpacks e.g. Magic World, because I tried to install all the modpack that Magic World is using and I ran into a big big problem that it is saying that I need to talk to someone from FTB and I can not see a error code or name to help you guys out, It just has this ;;;:::;:::::;;:::::::pWWWP::::;;;;::: and i do not know what to do and I'm just installing FTB at the mo.

Why I am trying to do this is, I am trying to make a server that just has Minecraft/ Minecraft Feed The Beads on it and this is just for me and my friends to play on it and record videos that we do, my mates has just let me know that they are having the same problem to
Is this guy for real? I'm guessing not, as $RelevantUsername.

ALSO:
T5RtKw1.png

I haz the power!

EDIT: Wow, that quote really didn't work. Hang on...
EDIT^2: Fixedid.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
so I'm not real then just go to www.youtube.com/user/Cybermegatroll that is my youtube channel so yeah and the face on the message changed into a face
Ah, well excuse me my good sire. My sincerest apologies for suspecting that you might have been, as was misleading from your username, a veritable "troll".

I'm afraid I can't quite comprehend exactly what you're trying to tell us. Is it perhaps that you are trying to meld two different modpacks, from exceedingly different Minecraft versions, into one modpack? If that is indeed the case, perhaps you would be better off not having told us of your endeavours at all, as such a request will hardly be acted upon without proper verification of such an issue, as you say, "it is saying that I need to talk to someone from FTB". For instance, a log of your errors would be most expedient in rectifying this error, on the one hand. On the other hand, may I enquire as to the exact nature of your attempt to combine two radically different modpacks?

Additionally, the error ";;;:::;:::::;;:::::::pWWWP::::;;;;:::" is unrecognizable to most of us present here this evening. You have also provided it with little to no context, which we desperately require if we are to actually help you in this matter.

After reading your original plea for help, it would seem that you are indeed in dire need of assistance. Alas, we cannot aid you if we do not know the specifics of your particular situation. I've perused your post multiple times, but still I fail to grasp what you are asking us to do. We eagerly await your informative response.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrowElf

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
ok and I sorry about my name too and I am not a troll and I do not like them and this is not my pc that I am using at the mo too and sorry about spelling, me and my mate are trying to add the Ars Magica 2 to the Infinity but it just comes up with that message and other mods and textures too, We have been watching the Minecraft Mianite show off other youtubers (TheSyndicateProject) and we wound like to use the same set up that they are using but we can not and we can not work out why not, I hope this help out and sorry again
Come on to the FTB IRC on EsperNet for a real time conversation and help. If you have no clue what that is, just click here, log on and the people there will help you.

Reactions: Eruantien

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Feed The Beads

Wait, what? Did the FTB Team add wampum to the modpack? We can trade with zombie pigmen for gold using shiny beads and disease ridden blankets now?

</sarcasm>

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
If cpw is back (as seen in the whats new thread), it'll be a real treat for the community. All I can ask is that the vocal minority contrived of arrogant self absorbed jerks, the likes of which are probably bred in some stupid subreddit or hate-infested corner of 4chan keep from tainting the actual majority feeling of the community, which is largely true, genuine respect and appreciation.
This is not even limited to how the collective we treat any single particular individual, just be kind where possible.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
If cpw is back (as seen in the whats new thread), it'll be a real treat for the community. All I can ask is that the vocal minority contrived of arrogant self absorbed jerks, the likes of which are probably bred in some stupid subreddit or hate-infested corner of 4chan keep from tainting the actual majority feeling of the community, which is largely true, genuine respect and appreciation.
This is not even limited to how the collective we treat any single particular individual, just be kind where possible.

A good statement and one I whole hardheartedly agree with. Problem is those haters don't seem to spend much time here. So they will never hear of your request. :/

Reactions: VapourDrive

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
A good statement and one I whole hardheartedly agree with. Problem is those haters don't seem to spend much time here. So they will never hear of your request. :/
And I will likely never go where these haters are either so I very much get you're point. I am glad that I can stick to the respectable people I choose to follow on various social media and a well moderated forums such as this where a welcoming community thrives and avoid most of the hate that gets slung around. The people who have upwards in the thousands of twitter followers etc most likely have a more difficult time with this.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
The regulars at Technic will agree with you on that same reason, Vapor. (Well, the ones I know of anyways.)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
You say as you try and force under-engineering on him.

You can choose to make things as complicated as you want. Not using the simple systems. Taking the long way around. Doing things the hard way.
But making things simpler isn't possible for a typical user.
Think of it this way in his latest single player series Direwolf decided to transport power using a railcart system. He could have used tesseracts; EIO remot power systems, set up a remote solar, or a coal power system but he chose to do things in a more interesting and complicated way.
It's the same thing. Making things harder on your self is easy. Making them easier. You would have to mess with configs, change recipes, or re-wright code.

So you want the thrill of having multiple power systems. Then make multiple power systems.
Power your storage one way. Quarry another. Auto processioning a third. And manual processioning a forth.
And just for good measure only use vanilla tools armor and transport method.

Reactions: jokermatt999

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
The regulars at Technic will agree with you on that same reason, Vapor. (Well, the ones I know of anyways.)

Am I the only one who finds this uproariously and hilariously amusing and ironic? The regulars from the website with the whalebox that lionizes and idolizes trolling and actively encourages people to poke fun of (admittedly idiotic and silly) posts... agreeing with a topic that runs directly contrary to the culture built into the website since its inception?

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Am I the only one who finds this uproariously and hilariously amusing and ironic? The regulars from the website with the whalebox that lionizes and idolizes trolling and actively encourages people to poke fun of (admittedly idiotic and silly) posts... agreeing with a topic that runs directly contrary to the culture built into the website since its inception?
May I point out that the Whalebox was the mod's idea to use it as both entertainment and teaching tool on how NOT to post like a belligerent 5-yr old kid?

It's at least great for a laugh, then we move on. Only when the kid doesn't know better and keeps feeding the thread does it last much longer. We WANT people to learn how to act mature so we can post intelligently in response.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Anyone else remember the whole Dong Princess thing? because I do.