Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
What I'm thinking is that it's a stab at the people who will be affected by that kind of change *coughs* us *coughs*. But I could be completely wrong

Edit: it seems I am wrong, it was simply a mistake on forge's part when porting from 1.7.2 to 1.7.10
Apparently the chunkloading lag was fixed in the latest Forge, so that's nice.
Well, that's interesting. Possibly in lieu of the Minecraft movie that fell out?
I dunno. I'm not actually sure why they're making a whole new game instead of doing it like HQM or something and adding it to their pre-existing one.

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
I just incorporated this fix myself, and it seems to be helping a bit, but not as much as one would expect.

As an aside, how does that work? That is, if COFHCore fixes it, and Forge fixes it, and you fix it, how does it work when all of those mods are loaded together? Just idle curiosity really.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
As an aside, how does that work? That is, if COFHCore fixes it, and Forge fixes it, and you fix it, how does it work when all of those mods are loaded together? Just idle curiosity really.

A triple negative? I think that causes a black hole that eats the universe.
Since it's now in forge COFHCore and Reika will probably just yank the fixes on there end.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I am only fixing it in my personal pack, not actual Forge. I cannot update CoFHCore in our pack, because the RF mods are not all updated with the new changes, and tesseracts do not interact with anything properly in the new version.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
My question is: If I only want this one fix, and nothing else from COFHCore, how can I get just this?

AKA: Why not release it as it's own thing?

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
My question is: If I only want this one fix, and nothing else from COFHCore, how can I get just this?

AKA: Why not release it as it's own thing?

Skyboy's fix has now been added to the newest version of Forge for 1.7.10 (10.13.2.1272)! CoFHCore no longer needed for it!

Here's the GitHub commit for those that don't believe me. Lex was fast on mainlining this one.

No need to anymore. If you are running the newest version of Forge, then you have the fix. :p

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
It's even more impressive when you consider that Skyboy just got more work done at improving Minecraft's performance in a few hours than the entirety of Mojang did in a whole year.

Oh wait.

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
It's even more impressive when you consider that Skyboy just got more work done at improving Minecraft's performance in a few hours than the entirety of Mojang did in a whole year.

Oh wait.

The fix itself may not have taken very long. *Finding* it, though? From what I gather he spent a lot of time, off and on, searching for it. If you add all that time together then I'm pretty sure it's a *lot* more than a few hours.

Also that performance issue is, if I understood it correctly, something in Forge, not vanilla Minecraft.

I am thoroughly disenchanted with new maintainer of ProjectE. In a matter of hours he refactors path names just add his name to every file thereby breaking any mods that check for ProjectE and closes every issue.

This sounds like the perfect opportunity to fork the project and put it back in good hands again, then. Perhaps someone with a bit less ego and a bit more interest in the common good?

Last edited:

Claycorp

Jul 29, 2019
Project E was doing good. Heck it started to add in features that were not in EE2, but I fear now it has taken a turn for the worst
You're telling me... I woke up to an inbox of 30+ emails from ProjectE. I supported that mod if it was something from DoubleDoorDev... I was overjoyed that finally an open source EE2 came out that was almost 100% exact copy.
When i confronted him it was just a plain "Retest and repost" A good part of the issues he closed were not even testable things like ideas... I told him it was a stupid way to do but he obviously doesn't care.

Hell i even went through 3 pages of closed issues and re-found all the bugs/ideas he closed and gave him a list with two new ones... Still closed them. On top of that it only took me ~30 minutes to do so. If you are developing a mod and can't devote 30 minutes into the issue list over a few days i really question your time available to make said mod.

The not caring is reinforced by blocking someone who made the whole existing wiki on the github and has handled many issues. I see why moze gave it away as it took him weeks to update and issues just kept piling up from old versions. I don't blame him for anything i just hope he knows he gave ProjectE to someone who can't even handle an issue list.

I would gladly add ProjectE to our list to work on but we have wayyy to much as it is...
I do hope that people boycott the new ProjectE dev and a new fork comes out of this showing that we don't support asshattery around here.

PSA: If you pick up someone elses project by any means. You also inherit everything that comes with it including issues and you can't just scrap them like they are disposable byproducts.

/ENDRANT

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
About the bug that everyone's talking about, before it was broken, was that what causes the ground to not load when you're flying just a little too high? that's really annoying...
From the explanation given a little while ago, it sounds like that may be related, but I haven't dug through the minecraft code before so I don't know exactly...

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I am only fixing it in my personal pack, not actual Forge. I cannot update CoFHCore in our pack, because the RF mods are not all updated with the new changes, and tesseracts do not interact with anything properly in the new version.

You missed a post somewhere. It was told that the fix is being put into the new versions of forge.

dmillerw

Jul 29, 2019
*whistles innocently*

T0EsKlH.png

Claycorp

Jul 29, 2019
I swear that this guy likes digging himself into a grave of shit.
https://github.com/sinkillerj/ProjectE/issues/307
He doesn't seem to understand the concept of "Renaming every package = bad"
He then blames me because "I was immature" thats why I and the other persons account got blocked. (Everything was included in the first post I had screenshots of everything.)
On top of deleting the last 3 issues (posted by the other user) none of them were immature at all and on top of that were useful to his acquisition of the mod. (I had re-tested almost all the bugs on the list and put all the active/unimplemented ideas in the other part. The other two issues were of things i found testing the old bugs.) I don't know how that could get any more constructive than that...

If you are reading this whatever the hell your name is don't bother unblocking me as i see no reason to continue helping you as you clearly don't understand what you are doing.

This will be last post about this. Ill just go back to worrying about my own stuff where the only people that can call me an idiot is my self and Dries :p
If you have any questions about what happened its all logged in the first post link. I have nothing to hide.
I kinda expected something of this sort to happen when you see "Minecraft modder for hire" on their twitter.

Have a great day. I have secrets that aren't so secret to share in the coming days.... DoubleDoorDev 4 Lyfe Where users and developers are treated like people. (PM/Tweet me if you're interested in working with us! We could use another developer on the team :3)

Last edited:
Reactions: SynfulChaot

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Here's an idea ProjectE is open source. If someone else wanted to take it over. Someone who will respect those posts and posters I don't think anyone but that new guy would mind.
Unfortunately there is no license listed on the GitHub repository, and I can't seem to find a thread or Curse page for it, so that's debatable.

Reactions: Padfoote