Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Wasn't looking for publicity, or sympathy, or anything else. Just needed to tell the truth and get it off my chest.
Thanks for listening.
You're welcome. My point was that despite all of this, you have a lot more attention on your mod now. Though unintended, you now have a larger audience. Yes there will be detractors but as seen on these forums, you have a lot of positive viewers as well.

I'd never heard of you or your mod until today. I'm not an expert but I have a decent grasp on a lot of mods and am familiar with many more. You never came onto my radar until today. You'll have a lot more of that kind of thing now. Its on you if you want to spin this positively. I appreciate your candor though and again good luck going forward.

Last edited:

pancakemaster24

Jul 29, 2019
Just want to thank everyone here who, in the last few days, gave me the incentive to get back up and keep going. Learned a lot here with some mature folks who helped me get away from the poison of a certain branch of the community. Thanks.
You just have to remember that the trolls will speak louder than the people who love your mod. If you just ignore the trolls then most of them will leave you alone and the people who love your mod will shine through

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Eloraam is no longer working on Redpower, and is instead focusing on Minia, her game.
KBajF77.png

Source

GDoV4E7.gif

V2Fq2wL.gif

DZE70PK.gif

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
So she is basically going to have to create all of vanilla minecraft just to get RP to work?

Yeah, not crazy at all. For someone with not a lot of spare time, makes perfect sense to give yourself a load more work...

Plus, think about it, Vanilla MC with just RP? That's going to be pretty boring.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Arkandos

Jul 29, 2019
I can understand why Elo would be scared of the Microsoft threat.

In the time she could put out something substantial, Microsoft would already be selling Minecraft 2 Premium edition.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Woah woah woah woah woah... just checked out Elooram's Patreon page.
I have NO issues with her making a "RedPower game", I won't buy it, it's just not gonna happen. Other people might.
BUT WHAT I DO HAVE ISSUES WITH is just how bad of a person she is...
Let's review the info.
She went AWOL at the release of MC1.5, no one heard anything from her in ages.
She then comes back onto the scene in the mid-last quarter of 1.6's reign and then bashes people who made mods such as ProjectRed.
Now she is saying she is going to make a game based around her mod (which as I said I won't buy/download)
BUT WHAT ANNOYS ME MOST is her Patreon page doesn't offer rewards to those who back her. Now I know you don't have to do this, but she wants money off people so she can not do her day job, in order to make a game that will only have RP features, which other MC mods have/almost have (e.g. ProjectRed doesn't have RP computers).

She may be a great mod dev, but she is a complete <insert mean word> of a person.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
In the time she could put out something substantial Valve would be able to release half-life 3, 4 and many more...
We might even get Jampacked results.

I would be okay with this if she had just came back and left, but look at her patreon page. She got people to donate over 400 dollars to her, per month, and I'm pretty sure all of them were expecting to be contributing to her making Redpower, for Minecraft. But that obviously won't be happening now.

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
We might even get Jampacked results.

I would be okay with this if she had just came back and left, but look at her patreon page. She got people to donate over 400 dollars to her, per month, and I'm pretty sure all of them were expecting to be contributing to her making Redpower, for Minecraft. But that obviously won't be happening now.
I avoid Patreon like the plague because of expectations, but to be fair there was sufficient evidence that she was working on updating Redpower. The Microsoft deal was an unexpected event that changed a lot of people's plans. Ideally she would have come to a firm decision sooner.

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of avoiding topics like the plague, I'm attempting to avoid this topic in public, mainly because I have very strong opinions about this.
Not good ones either.
Eh, just share your opinions. This is a discussion thread, any opinions no matter how strong should help contribute to it.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I'm afraid that my opinions might run afoul of the "Don't insult mod devs" rule.
Do an abridged version...
Also, if it is that you think that what she is doing is wrong, if you word it badly, it may be seen as you are breaking the "Don't insult mod devs" rule, but if you word it right it is constructive criticism :p

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
reddit discussion > Decoration mods will have a problem in 1.8
some tweets...
Dylan Miller @dylanstweets · 22h22 hours ago
Yeah, I'm sorry guys, but this bullshit isn't worth it. If this how the "official api" is gonna be built, modding just went and died

I'm announcing it now. Once 1.8 becomes standard, I'm done.

This is likely only one of several bullshit changes that makes our way of modding completely unusable. This also means the end of an era

Seriously though. I don't see any of the beautiful mods making their way to 1.8. It's just not going to happen.

.@Rafmaninoff Carpenter's blocks, Chisel, all these things. I don't see them making it through.

Dylan Miller retweeted
chylex @chylexMC · 22h22 hours ago
@dylanstweets Can you generate me about 180.388.626.378 files for one of my blocks? Just a rough estimate of the variations.

Dylan Miller retweeted
@dylanstweets Actually multiply that by 720, one part of it rotates and I want it to look smooth. That is... 129.879.810.992.160 \o/

I'd love to know how many mod authors are planning on staying around despite this

Last edited:
Reactions: pc_assassin

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
Decoration mods will have a problem in 1.8
some tweets...
[qoute]
Yeah, I'm sorry guys, but this bullshit isn't worth it. If this how the "official api" is gonna be built, modding just went and died
[/qoute]

[qoute]
I'm announcing it now. Once 1.8 becomes standard, I'm done.
[/qoute]

[qoute]
This is likely only one of several bullshit changes that makes our way of modding completely unusable. This also means the end of an era
[/qoute]

[qoute]
Seriously though. I don't see any of the beautiful mods making their way to 1.8. It's just not going to happen.
[/qoute]

[qoute]
.@Rafmaninoff Carpenter's blocks, Chisel, all these things. I don't see them making it through.
[/qoute]

[qoute]
Dylan Miller retweeted
@dylanstweets Can you generate me about 180.388.626.378 files for one of my blocks? Just a rough estimate of the variations.
[/qoute]

[qoute]
Dylan Miller retweeted
@dylanstweets Actually multiply that by 720, one part of it rotates and I want it to look smooth. That is... 129.879.810.992.160 \o/
[/qoute]

[qoute]
I'd love to know how many mod authors are planning on staying around despite this
[/qoute]
I looked over the code screenshots DMiller showed, it is truly ridiculous, even without knowing minecraft's specific code - I can see that. what...the...hell...were...they...thinking...

Customisation works best when it stops before the customise-format grows larger than hardcoding the values in...