Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
I have some of them. Give me a moment and I will put up screens of what I have.

[EDIT]: Up Now

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png 7.png

Last edited:
Reactions: PierceSG

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Gadt reads a lot like a troll, he seems to know every one of your buttons and is pressing them all like an unrestrained 5 year old in a lift...

Actually it looks like he missed one, he didn't insult the rendering of your blocks (saying they are laggy and or look ugly(falsely of course)).

Then again I do wonder how your works popularity will fare considering how this Minetweaker/ HQM dominated modding environment is going. But don't take that as a suggestion to fall in line with the status quo, I just wonder how many silent and less entitled folk are bypassing your mods becasue they would like to make their own little tweaks here and there.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Gadt reads a lot like a troll, he seems to know every one of your buttons and is pressing them all like an unrestrained 5 year old in a lift...

Actually it looks like he missed one, he didn't insult the rendering of your blocks (saying they are laggy and or look ugly(falsely of course)).

Then again I do wonder how your works popularity will fare considering how this Minetweaker/ HQM dominated modding environment is going. But don't take that as a suggestion to fall in line with the status quo, I just wonder how many silent and less entitled folk are bypassing your mods becasue they would like to make their own little tweaks here and there.

It shouldn't be affecting Reika's popularity. If people didn't like a mod, they should just not use it instead of whining it to be changed to their liking.

The mod belongs to the modder, not the users. Users with entitlement issues are the ones killing the modding community with their attitude.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
The mod belongs to the modder, not the users.

While this is generally true, it is not true in any case. Keep in mind that there exist mods in the public domain. EnderIO is a prominent example. EnderIO belongs to you and to me just as much as to Crazypants.
And a large number of mods are Open Source, providing many freedoms to users.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
While this is generally true, it is not true in any case. Keep in mind that there exist mods in the public domain. EnderIO is a prominent example. EnderIO belongs to you and to me just as much as to Crazypants.
And a large number of mods are Open Source, providing many freedoms to users.
If it is an open source mod, then it is up to the user to change whatever he or she doesn't like. It still doesn't give them the right to demand anything from anyone. And "I don't know how to code" excuse doesn't fly. I don't know how to code and I dislike GT, I just dont use it. I might be very verbal about my dislike for the mod but I do not go whine and demand for changes.

Also f*** "customer is always right", blind supporters of that quote can burn in h***.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Then again I do wonder how your works popularity will fare considering how this Minetweaker/ HQM dominated modding environment is going
Well, the environment has caused me some headaches, as now a large number of people seem to think that a decent pack needs every mod Minetweakered to unrecognizability, but the popularity is about the same as it has ever been when correcting for confounding factors - eg being in Monster.

I just wonder how many silent and less entitled folk are bypassing your mods becasue they would like to make their own little tweaks here and there.
Because of the way RC is coded, little can actually be done; the custom machines and recipe tables, as a nice side effect, stop plugins like MT from being able to remove their recipes, and I did beef up their code a bit to make it more difficult, or even near-impossible, to do so with a custom-written mod. Additionally, neither ModTweaker or Custom Configs support changing RC, both by my request (and Ganymede was generous enough to give me a "blacklist mod as output" hook to prevent adding new recipes for gating items). I am also, as of v4, going to close the other hole by stopping MT from doing the same (ideally by making MT simply ignore those lines; I do not want to crash the game). I have yet to figure out how to accomplish that.

Reactions: Strikingwolf

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Because of the way RC is coded, little can actually be done; the custom machines and recipe tables, as a nice side effect, stop plugins like MT from being able to remove their recipes, and I did beef up their code a bit to make it more difficult, or even near-impossible, to do so with a custom-written mod. Additionally, neither ModTweaker or Custom Configs support changing RC, both by my request (and Ganymede was generous enough to give me a "blacklist mod as output" hook to prevent adding new recipes for gating items). I am also, as of v4, going to close the other hole by stopping MT from doing the same (ideally by making MT simply ignore those lines; I do not want to crash the game). I have yet to figure out how to accomplish that.
Looks like you're spending a lot of effort on that

Status
Not open for further replies.