Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Well, my system works wonderfully. It works by scanning the Minetweaker scripts, and if it finds a line that a mod has requested to be disallowed (eg RotaryCraft requests "no new recipes" for bedrock ingots, as well as a handful of other gating items), it comments out the line and calls /mt reload, effectively removing the change. It will also log a console message to ensure noone bothers StanHebben about this, reporting the "self-commenting code line".

:D

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Well, my system works wonderfully. It works by scanning the Minetweaker scripts, and if it finds a line that a mod has requested to be disallowed (eg RotaryCraft requests "no new recipes" for bedrock ingots, as well as a handful of other gating items), it comments out the line and calls /mt reload, effectively removing the change. It will also log a console message to ensure noone bothers StanHebben about this, reporting the "self-commenting code line".
Okay...is there no cleaner way of doing that?
I guess there are ways of circumventing that

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

:D
Well, that's one way to do it... Might not be a bad idea to insert another comment with the same info as the console log message (which I imagine to be something like "You're trying to break Rotarycraft progression by introducing an alternate recipe for a gating item! Stop it!"), just in case people try to report it without reading the log first. And judging by the amount of nonsense that shows up in my logfiles, your message might not be easy to find.

This reminds me of something someone said in the ChromatiCraft thread when you explained how you keep tile entity movers from corrupting worlds when used on pylons. Aggressive bugsquashing at its finest.

Reactions: 1SDAN

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
So this only affects people adding recipes for RoC items?
-would be be allowed to add RoC items into other mods recipes?
(such as changing the Buildcraft quarry to use RoC diamond/HSLA gears?)
Going by his rules, I think that'd be okay, since you're not adding an alternative recipe for RoC's gears, just using them in the context of other mods' recipes. So long as you don't add a method to create bedrock ingots from, let's say, XU bedrockium, or allowing a machine to create ethanol crystals, or something of that nature.

Honestly, I don't see why you'd want to edit RotaryCraft's recipes and mechanics. They're so well-done that it'd be like drawing a happy face in felt-tip marker on Starry Night.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
So this only affects people adding recipes for RoC items?
-would be be allowed to add RoC items into other mods recipes?
(such as changing the Buildcraft quarry to use RoC diamond/HSLA gears?)
I hope so since I've been doing that for my private pack
Going by his rules, I think that'd be okay, since you're not adding an alternative recipe for RoC's gears, just using them in the context of other mods' recipes. So long as you don't add a method to create bedrock ingots from, let's say, XU bedrockium, or allowing a machine to create ethanol crystals, or something of that nature.
Correct. You can add recipes using my items as much as you like.

Well, that's one way to do it... Might not be a bad idea to insert another comment with the same info as the console log message (which I imagine to be something like "You're trying to break Rotarycraft progression by introducing an alternate recipe for a gating item! Stop it!"), just in case people try to report it without reading the log first. And judging by the amount of nonsense that shows up in my logfiles, your message might not be easy to find.
Probably a good idea.

Shame really. I can see the point of what reika is doing but this will prob make me not playing the mods.
...So my blocking you from adding new recipes for gating materials - and destroying the techtree - is enough to make you stop using the mod? :confused:
The implications of your saying that bother me.

I wish I could put this in my sig.
You can...

Okay...is there no cleaner way of doing that?
Can you think of a cleaner way?

I guess there are ways of circumventing that
I doubt it.

Last edited:

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I have to disagree; not seeing the signature inline with the posts not only takes some of the impact away, but makes it much less accessible and likely to be read.
But siggys clutter up forums ;) My way makes it a nice two lines of non-clutter. Also, not many people read siggys in the first place. Even if they aren't behind a link
Not many people will hit a link though.

Edit: Wow, Reika with the ninja today.
Well yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.