Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of which, is there a mod that I can put in my modpack that removes cheaty debug stuffs?

No idea but you can add ingameinfo for stuff like fps and what biome your in for if you do remove it

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Information control mod; server sided config controlling access to which debug screen elements are visible, as well as player names, item IDs/damage, option to blacklist client-sided mods such as Xray ect.

Not really possible. That information needs to be sent to the client in order for the game to work properly. With out that data you could not interact with the server world nore could that world interact with the player.
Think about it with out the coordinates how would your client know where your steve is located. Same for the IDs and Xray. All that information used for those have to be sent to each players computer. After that it's out of the control of the server.

You could make a client side mod that could do it but you would have trouble forcing players to use it.

Even if you coded it so that the mod tells the server whether or not it's installed and block access if it's not. It would be far easier for someone else to code a mod that only sends that recognition signal that allows the client to access the server with out the lockout mod.

So yah the only thing that really works is self control.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Not really possible. That information needs to be sent to the client in order for the game to work properly. With out that data you could not interact with the server world nore could that world interact with the player.
Think about it with out the coordinates how would your client know where your steve is located. Same for the IDs and Xray. All that information used for those have to be sent to each players computer. After that it's out of the control of the server.

You could make a client side mod that could do it but you would have trouble forcing players to use it.

Even if you coded it so that the mod tells the server whether or not it's installed and block access if it's not. It would be far easier for someone else to code a mod that only sends that recognition signal that allows the client to access the server with out the lockout mod.

So yah the only thing that really works is self control.

All I'm asking for is a mod that can turn that stuff off by default, if players of my pack "need" that stuff to play, I really don't care if they use it or not. I just want to make it so it actually requires a little work to use that stuff. Maybe like change 3 separate variables in 3 separate files per option maybe... (or just 1 in 1 if 3 in 3 is too hard to code)

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Not possible. That information needs to be sent to the client in order for the game to work properly. With out that data you could not interact with the server world nore could that world interact with the player.

Ok- mod would need to be client sided as well; to hide the visual overlay from the debug screen- the whole point would be to enforce a no-gps rule if the server admin desired that.
The config/control would be server sided; client side receives this information and acts accordingly- allowing the client game to use the information, but denying the player physical access to it.
Coordinates become invisible.
Floating player names are hidden.
If IDs are hidden then "Iron Pickaxe 216:17" becomes "Iron Pickaxe"​
If the mod on not installed, then the server disconnects the player with "disconnected- please install information control v X.Yz"
If it sees a blacklisted mod, then the server disconnects the player with "disconnected- please uninstall 'Modname'"

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Ok- mod would need to be client sided as well; to hide the visual overlay from the debug screen- the whole point would be to enforce a no-gps rule if the server admin desired that.
The config/control would be server sided; client side receives this information and acts accordingly- allowing the client game to use the information, but denying the player physical access to it.
Coordinates become invisible.
Floating player names are hidden.
If IDs are hidden then "Iron Pickaxe 216:17" becomes "Iron Pickaxe"​
If the mod on not installed, then the server disconnects the player with "disconnected- please install information control v X.Yz"
If it sees a blacklisted mod, then the server disconnects the player with "disconnected- please uninstall 'Modname'"​

NO! No more talking about DRM! We've already have had 1 mod and a pull request with it! NO! NO! NNNOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: NJM1564

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Dirt to diamonds? Pfff, Diamonds to Dirt is where it's at now! Who needs those useless shiny blue rocks.

I made that joke before. :D
It's not actually a bad idea for a mod. There is a lot that could be done with a mod pack that only lets you make dirt with diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies.