Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
He was implying something else I'm pretty sure. :p
That'ssssssss a nice name you got there, it would be a shame if something happened to it :D
100px-Creeper.png

thread derailed

Reactions: 1SDAN

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
wow, that's pretty nice of you.
if it was me... well, let's just say there are no words known to mankind that would describe what I would do

RAINBOW CHOCOLATE DANCE PARTY!!!1!!1ONE!1!UNO!!11!1!!ICHI!!1ONEICHIONE!!!11!

jss2a98aj

Jul 29, 2019
I have a friend who keeps asking me to add orespawn and the villager nose mod to my 1.7.10 server. The ironic part is his computer cant even run MC with the mods I use on my server (He uses java 6 32 bit and wonders why NEI wont work).
Here is how his request went:

friend: Can you add orespawn and villager blender to your server?
me:I don't really want to.
friend: But its really fun
me: It doesn't really fit the balance of the server.
friend: You say that about everything.
me: Really?
friend: yes, you said no to mchelis, divinerpg, and derpy squid.
me: One, doesn't work on a server. Two not up to date. Three, no, just no.
friend: but what about orespawn?
me: Lets see, out of date and not balanced.
friend: Its perfectly balanced!
me: How so, you mentioned it has trees made of diamond, gold and emerald blocks.
friend: you have to kill the hardest boss in the game to get that. Harder than the ender dragon!!!
me: The ender dragon is easy to beat....
friend: but the king is really hard to beat!
me: The what?
friend:The king, he guards the tree and if you can beat him he drops every item in the game!
me: that would cause a crash, your not meant to get some items without NBT data on them. Also, that is really overpowered...
friend: What?
*later that day*
friend: Can you add villager noses to your server?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Usually when people ask to add a mod to the server, my response is "I'll look into it" and then never do, unless they say "Can you add <mod> to the server. It's really cool, it does <x y z>" and then again, same response "I'll look into it" and only if it sounds like it'll fit, then I will actually look into it :p
Just a heads up for people such as yourself who have people who say "can you add <mod>>?"

And then if they ask at a later date "So are you gonna add <mod>" just say no ;) If they ask why then you can list your reason why, or just say "I haven't looked too much into it yet" if you haven't looked at all ;) People who have never owned a server* think it can be a lot of work to keep a server and mod pack running, use that to your advantage ;)

*and have no real knowledge of mods/mod packs

Reactions: 1SDAN and jss2a98aj

jss2a98aj

Jul 29, 2019
Usually when people ask to add a mod to the server, my response is "I'll look into it" and then never do, unless they say "Can you add <mod> to the server. It's really cool, it does <x y z>" and then again, same response "I'll look into it" and only if it sounds like it'll fit, then I will actually look into it :p
Just a heads up for people such as yourself who have people who say "can you add <mod>>?"

And then if they ask at a later date "So are you gonna add <mod>" just say no ;) If they ask why then you can list your reason why, or just say "I haven't looked too much into it yet" if you haven't looked at all ;) People who have never owned a server* think it can be a lot of work to keep a server and mod pack running, use that to your advantage ;)

*and have no real knowledge of mods/mod packs

Thanks, I do normally give a reason for not adding something, it doesn't always work, but I try. That reminds me, I need to find the chat I had with a friend about why they can't join my server from Minecraft pocket/Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.