Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Usually when people ask to add a mod to the server, my response is "I'll look into it" and then never do, unless they say "Can you add <mod> to the server. It's really cool, it does <x y z>" and then again, same response "I'll look into it" and only if it sounds like it'll fit, then I will actually look into it :p
Just a heads up for people such as yourself who have people who say "can you add <mod>>?"

And then if they ask at a later date "So are you gonna add <mod>" just say no ;) If they ask why then you can list your reason why, or just say "I haven't looked too much into it yet" if you haven't looked at all ;) People who have never owned a server* think it can be a lot of work to keep a server and mod pack running, use that to your advantage ;)

*and have no real knowledge of mods/mod packs

Hey, can you add... oh....
/e sulks in a corner realizing A) you don't want to add random mods for no reason, and B) I'm not on your server....

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Me: You ever heard of Running Red?
Person: You mean the movie?
Me: I didn't even know there was a movie. No, I me-
Person: It's about this Soviet Spy dude.
Me: That's not what I meant. Running Red is a modpack I made for Minecraft
Person: Oh! I love Minecraft! What's a modpack?
Me: It's when you put some mods together. Mine revo-
Person: Oh, so it's a bunch of hacks? How do I get it? Does it have Too Many Items and Singleplayer commands?

/me backs up slowly

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Ahhh singleplayer commands, those were the days /me reminisces

Speaking of Running Red...

Them: Hey Gideon welcome to the stream
Gideon: Beta is going up
Them: Beta?
Gideon: Of Running Red 2
*convseration went on, I forgot most of it*

But the guy didn't know Gideon made RR... I think that is worthy of the "really stupid things people have said about modded minecraft" awards 2014

Reactions: pc_assassin

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Ahhh singleplayer commands, those were the days /me reminisces

Speaking of Running Red...

Them: Hey Gideon welcome to the stream
Gideon: Beta is going up
Them: Beta?
Gideon: Of Running Red 2
*convseration went on, I forgot most of it*

But the guy didn't know Gideon made RR... I think that is worthy of the "really stupid things people have said about modded minecraft" awards 2014
He thought I was a random person who decided to create a sequel to my pack :confused:

Also the Singleplayer commands thing was today. I was.... surprised, to say the least.

And I guess my Running Red plot sort of scales in comparison to this:
Upset over his brother's murder, Soviet special agent Gregori Wallace leaves Russia to start a new life in the United States. Now happily married to a beautiful woman and the father of a little girl, Gregori soon realizes that he can't outrun the past.

Reactions: Blorph and 1SDAN

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I know, but I meant being able to actually use it :p

I looked for it a few days ago, and I couldn't find a release for an up-to-date version.... It woulda made things a lot easier when it came to doing a few things :p

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I have a friend who keeps asking me to add orespawn and the villager nose mod to my 1.7.10 server. The ironic part is his computer cant even run MC with the mods I use on my server (He uses java 6 32 bit and wonders why NEI wont work).
Here is how his request went:

friend: Can you add orespawn and villager blender to your server?
me:I don't really want to.
friend: But its really fun
me: It doesn't really fit the balance of the server.
friend: You say that about everything.
me: Really?
friend: yes, you said no to mchelis, divinerpg, and derpy squid.
me: One, doesn't work on a server. Two not up to date. Three, no, just no.
friend: but what about orespawn?
me: Lets see, out of date and not balanced.
friend: Its perfectly balanced!
me: How so, you mentioned it has trees made of diamond, gold and emerald blocks.
friend: you have to kill the hardest boss in the game to get that. Harder than the ender dragon!!!
me: The ender dragon is easy to beat....
friend: but the king is really hard to beat!
me: The what?
friend:The king, he guards the tree and if you can beat him he drops every item in the game!
me: that would cause a crash, your not meant to get some items without NBT data on them. Also, that is really overpowered...
friend: What?
*later that day*
friend: Can you add villager noses to your server?

He's not wrong ya know. The king will gind you to a pulp in an instant even in full diamond gear. You couldn't even beat it in creative mode like that. Even with the games best armor and it's +600 sword you probably sill still die. Many times over. It's a raid boss. More or less. It has bin beaten single player but only by using some simi cheaty tactics.
And it won't cause crashes. There is a black list for those sorts of items.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
He's not wrong ya know. The king will gind you to a pulp in an instant even in full diamond gear. You couldn't even beat it in creative mode like that. Even with the games best armor and it's +600 sword you probably sill still die. Many times over. It's a raid boss. More or less. It has bin beaten single player but only by using some simi cheaty tactics.
Orespawn is the one mod that I make an exception for when it comes to my opinion on OP. You can right click on an ant, go to a dimension full of blocks of metals, grab the metals, and escape without ever even touching the King.

Reactions: 1SDAN and chbachman

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Orespawn is the one mod that I make an exception for when it comes to my opinion on OP. You can right click on an ant, go to a dimension full of blocks of metals, grab the metals, and escape without ever even touching the King.

That mod has proper configs to it.

jss2a98aj

Jul 29, 2019

My friend didn't even use Orespawn before asking for me to add it, just watched videos about it. I have used it before and it was sort of interesting, however its unbalanced if used on my server, not necessarily when used on its own (also, it was out of date when I was asked about it).

EDIT: I forgot to say, diamond gear is considered low tier tier on my server. And don't forget having enchantments(Is over 40* too many?) *not counting enchants for stuff other than armor

Last edited:

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
a sieries of posts in http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...8-lagging-for-you-poll-lets-settle-this-issue

idiot-There is no game lag in 1.8 period. If you have lag it's your machine. Evidence I play on two large servers witj 200 people. Not one person has lag ever.

dude1-If one version of MC doesn't lag and a new one lags it ISN'T THE HARDWARE!!!!!!

idiot-Trust me its your hardware. It can't handle the massive amount of changes in 1.8.
note-REALLY?

dude1-Oh, PUHLAZZZZZEEEEEEE.

I suppose magically everyone's hardware took dumps on September 2.

When a game update runs poorly compared to a prior version it is ALWAYS THE DEVELOPER'S FAULT.

i think vanilla stuff is fine here.

Reactions: 1SDAN
Status
Not open for further replies.