Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
The thread got derailed once again and it skidded over 9 pages before coming to a stop

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
There will probably never be a compromise that makes both modders nad modpack makers happy

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Yes but there will always be modders who aren't. I don't think you could just convince Reika, XCompWiz, Techbrew and even you yourself to let go of permissions.
No, I don't give permission to public packs without receiving a request. I actually have an exception for FTB packs, which are granted automatic permission (to keep the amount of packs down). That will end if it's misused though.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
No, I don't give permission to public packs. I actually have an exception for FTB packs, which are granted automatic permission (to keep the amount of packs down). That will end if it's misused though.
That's just what I was saying. You and some other modders will never be giving blanket permissions. Which is okay if you don't want, but modpack makers don't exactly appreciate it.

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
MOD CREATORS NEEDED! PERMISSION FOR MODPACK NEEDED
Mod Creators. If i can use you mod in my modpack, please email me at *********@cox.net and say what mod you made and it will be in my modpack. CHOW! BYE! ADIOS!

Reactions: 1SDAN

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
He's turning the tables :D
Looks like a recipe for really bad modpacks. No serious or better-known mod developer would mail him.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone who isn't going to maintain there pack past 2 months had darn well not release it to the public. And tell any individual you let use it that it will not be supported.
To be fair, I have been working on NAM for at least a year or two by now, what I meant was that every 2 or so months I have to take a break of somewhere between a week and a month or else I burn myself out. I maintain my pack longer than 2 months, I just barely ever work on a daily basis for over 2 months

For example, with all of the MineTweaker Scripts I have wrote for 1.6.4 so far, it'd probably easily take up 25kb. My 1.7.10 scripts would probably be a lot smaller due to my increased focus on customitems and the implementation of a stick age

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair, I have been working on NAM for at least a year or two by now, what I meant was that every 2 or so months I have to take a break of somewhere between a week and a month or else I burn myself out. I maintain my pack longer than 2 months, I just barely ever work on a daily basis for over 2 months

For example, with all of the MineTweaker Scripts I have wrote for 1.6.4 so far, it'd probably easily take up 25kb. My 1.7.10 scripts would probably be a lot smaller due to my increased focus on customitems and the implementation of a stick age
Stick age?!

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Stick age?!
Basically I remove the option to break logs and you instead get sticks from saplings. Then you start making tools and weapons like @ljfa said and you end up punching dirt or ExNihilo Sieving dirt so that you can get stones. (Not Cobblestone, ExNihilo Stones that are MineTweakered to be unable to make actual cobblestone) Then you start knapping the stones to make a stone handaxe which can be used to craft a stone shovel. The shovel allows you to mine sand so that you can get more stones at an easier pace. Then you start searching the world for some ruins that contain chests with flint fragments in them. Combine 4 Flint Fragments into 1 flint so that you can make a flint shovel so that you may mine gravel and clay. 4 Gravel can be made into 1 flint fragment and clay is used for ceramics and TiCon Smelteries. Fire the grout in a Stone Kiln (Renamed Furnace) and finally craft a smeltery. (Revamped recipes to require less grout overall but more complex crafting) However, crafting said Smeltery requires a crafting table, so you must use2 of your Flint to craft a 8 use Flint Axe and cut down some logs. With it, by crafting a log with an Axe you are able to craft 1 plank at the cost of 3 Axe Durability. So it will overall require 2 axes, and thus 8 Flint, or in other words 32 flint fragments to make one crafting table. Only once you obtain a crafting table may you make a smeltery and thus able to smelt the copper. Of course you'll need lava and thus you'll need a clay bucket. Problem is that there are Lava Monsters in this pack so getting that lava will be very dangerous.

And that is how the Stick age works (Still in dev, end product may vary)

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Basically I remove the option to break logs and you instead get sticks from saplings. Then you start making tools and weapons like @ljfa said and you end up punching dirt or ExNihilo Sieving dirt so that you can get stones. (Not Cobblestone, ExNihilo Stones that are MineTweakered to be unable to make actual cobblestone) Then you start knapping the stones to make a stone handaxe which can be used to craft a stone shovel. The shovel allows you to mine sand so that you can get more stones at an easier pace. Then you start searching the world for some ruins that contain chests with flint fragments in them. Combine 4 Flint Fragments into 1 flint so that you can make a flint shovel so that you may mine gravel and clay. 4 Gravel can be made into 1 flint fragment and clay is used for ceramics and TiCon Smelteries. Fire the grout in a Stone Kiln (Renamed Furnace) and finally craft a smeltery. (Revamped recipes to require less grout overall but more complex crafting) However, crafting said Smeltery requires a crafting table, so you must use2 of your Flint to craft a 8 use Flint Axe and cut down some logs. With it, by crafting a log with an Axe you are able to craft 1 plank at the cost of 3 Axe Durability. So it will overall require 2 axes, and thus 8 Flint, or in other words 32 flint fragments to make one crafting table. Only once you obtain a crafting table may you make a smeltery and thus able to smelt the copper. Of course you'll need lava and thus you'll need a clay bucket. Problem is that there are Lava Monsters in this pack so getting that lava will be very dangerous.

And that is how the Stick age works (Still in dev, end product may vary)

Damn, dude. That's some freaking heavy-duty work. I can do naught but applaud your dedication, even if the pack doesn't sound like my cup of tea.

Reactions: 1SDAN

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Damn, dude. That's some freaking heavy-duty work. I can do naught but applaud your dedication, even if the pack doesn't sound like my cup of tea.
To be honest I'm still yet to get to the stone knapping part, but that's because the early game has quite a large amount of options and I've only just recently started on this (I've restarted once due to the jump from 1.6.4 and again due to my wanting of changing up the tech tree)

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest I'm still yet to get to the stone knapping part, but that's because the early game has quite a large amount of options and I've only just recently started on this (I've restarted once due to the jump from 1.6.4 and again due to my wanting of changing up the tech tree)
Caveman2Cosmos. Minecraft edition.

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I'd hope it's complex, it's a modpack with 100% custom recipes and a large a winding tech tree

Status
Not open for further replies.