Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
If gravity worked like you suggested it would let all the water fall off the side of the Earth, if water even existed in the first place when there is no actual gravity to attract asteroids.
What if instead of completely flat it is curved up a little bit on the edges ;)
Disclaimer: I don't actually believe this, I'm just saying it is possible

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
What if instead of completely flat it is curved up a little bit on the edges ;)
Disclaimer: I don't actually believe this, I'm just saying it is possible
It isn't though, a planet must orbit a sun. The gradual rotation of orbiting will turn it into a sphere even if it starts out flat.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
It isn't though, a planet must orbit a sun. The gradual rotation of orbiting will turn it into a sphere even if it starts out flat.
Not in a universe without gravity see #1 and 2
  1. Sun rotates around earth, the earth also tilts toward sun and night is caused by the sun going on the other side of the disc
  2. Gravity as we know it does not exist. Instead the Earth and the entire solar system is going up at 9.82 m/s
  3. This fixes the cosmic debris because that is caused by gravity; also, it solves the life thing for the same reason as we have simulated gravity of the same degree as if it existed

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Not necasarrily. If our universe actually started in this state then that doesn't have to be so
There would be nothing to keep anything on an orbit, that means no moon and no sun either. So even if it started with the exact same state as it is now and had life, it would die oh so quickly.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
There would be nothing to keep anything on an orbit, that means no moon and no sun either. So even if it started with the exact same state as it is now and had life, it would die oh so quickly.
The orbits could be generated by an alternate force that attracts everything to only Earth in some way

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
The orbits could be generated by an alternate force that attracts everything to only Earth in some way
If you are going to try and bring magic into this, I am not even going to bother. There is no alternate force that does this, what you just described is gravity. There is no possible way with physics for a flat planet to exist and sustain life and come on man "Alternate force that works some way" is not a valid argument.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
If you are going to try and bring magic into this, I am not even going to bother. There is no alternate force that does this, what you just described is gravity. There is no possible way with physics for a flat planet to exist and sustain life and come on man "Alternate force that works some way" is not a valid argument.
The problem is that it is a possibility say if the Earth had some element the rest of the universe didn't and this element produced a field similar to a magnet that cause stuff to move toward it

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is that it is a possibility say if the Earth had some element the rest of the universe didn't and this element produced a field similar to a magnet that cause stuff to move toward it
There is absolutely no reason Earth would be the only one with a specific element, also the Earth still could not support life because it would be moving the sun and the moon plus massive chunks of the elements in space to it. Even if we go with a pre-created universe notion, everything in our solar system would eventually crowd around the Earth, though we wouldn't live to experience that as asteroids that are normally pulled in by other planets gravitational fields would solely be attracted to us.

EDIT: Also, while hypothetical situations are valid in arguments, can you at least give a valid reason for some of these magical phenomena to occur?

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
If gravity worked like you suggested it would let all the water fall off the side of the Earth, if water even existed in the first place when there is no actual gravity to attract asteroids.
Now Pirates of the Caribbean is starting to make sense.
What have you got against magic?! This counts as a legible excuse to initiate my own organization that proves my own points by circular logic, quasi-fallacious reasoning, and large numbers of blind supporters who firmly avow their my beliefs!

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
There is absolutely no reason Earth would be the only one with a specific element, also the Earth still could not support life because it would be moving the sun and the moon plus massive chunks of the elements in space to it. Even if we go with a pre-created universe notion, everything in our solar system would eventually crowd around the Earth, though we wouldn't live to experience that as asteroids that are normally pulled in by other planets gravitational fields would solely be attracted to us.

EDIT: Also, while hypothetical situations are valid in arguments, can you at least give a valid reason for some of these magical phenomena to occur?
Pre-Creation notion and no gravity assumed
  1. The Earth has an element that attracts another element
  2. The Sun and moon have these elements
  3. The Sun and Moon are in orbits around Earth
  4. The Earth Rotates at the same speed as the Sun travels around it
  5. Night is caused when the Sun goes under the Earth due to its orbit not being parallel with Earth
Don't give me the specific reason for Earth, Sun, and Moon having these because modern Science makes a lot of assumptions and even more so because this is hypothetical

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
  5. Night is caused when the Sun goes under the Earth due to its orbit not being parallel with Earth
Don't give me the specific reason for Earth, Sun, and Moon having these because modern Science makes a lot of assumptions and even more so because this is hypothetical
The Earth still would not survive without other planets to block asteroids, also you have not addressed us losing all our moisture off the sides. And exactly what are these assumptions? And even hypothetical situations need reasons because we are adults debating a possibility and not children squabbling in a playground.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
The Earth still would not survive without other planets to block asteroids, also you have not addressed us losing all our moisture off the sides. And exactly what are these assumptions? And even hypothetical situations need reasons because we are adults debating a possibility and not children squabbling in a playground.
Okay then the tilted sides of the Earth could work
Some assumptions
  1. Everything is mechanical or material if you prefer
  2. All matter is unconcious
  3. Total energy (and thus matter) is constant
  4. Fixed laws of nature
  5. Here are some more http://undsci.berkeley.edu/article/basic_assumptions

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Plot twist: Tolkien was right after all, and all these realities, Nye Labs, and N(A)SA goons are involved in a worldwide conspiracy, and are trying to limit our happiness.
trainn.jpg
130854273576.png

Status
Not open for further replies.