Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: The following comment was originally a reply to a comment since deleted, just so it doesn't look quite so non sequitur.

Sorry, doesn't fly.

I may not know Swahili, but at least I can let a Swahili speaker know that I'm using Google Translate and make a reasonable effort to not be a complete derp when communicating in their language. I've helped people in German despite not knowing the tongue, I've helped people in Swedish and even French (which is a written language I despise with a burning passion).

That was not a case of "You can't talk good HAHAHA", it's a case of "you're too lazy to put forth a minimum amount of effort". My suggestion would be to take your high horse and find a new pasture to graze it in. Also might want to fix your grammatical and syntax errors. That was rather difficult to read in places because of Random Capital Words and homophone errors (that last you're should have been "your"), among others.

Last edited:

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, doesn't fly.

I may not know Swahili, but at least I can let a Swahili speaker know that I'm using Google Translate and make a reasonable effort to not be a complete derp when communicating in their language. I've helped people in German despite not knowing the tongue, I've helped people in Swedish and even French (which is a written language I despise with a burning passion).

That was not a case of "You can't talk good HAHAHA", it's a case of "you're too lazy to put forth a minimum amount of effort". My suggestion would be to take your high horse and find a new pasture to graze it in. Also might want to fix your grammatical and syntax errors. That was rather difficult to read in places because of Random Capital Words and homophone errors (that last you're should have been "your"), among others.
Don't feed the troll mate, he's been trying to get a rise several times already.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Aww, but I have so much fun berating them in circles they can't even notice. :-(
I'll be nice to everyone else and drop it though.

In other news: Now that my email isn't bleeping at me every two seconds, the GitHub issue tracker for Reika's mods is definitely being more amusing than I anticipated.

Reactions: 1SDAN

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Now we will only see idiotic stuff from that bug tracker.
Not sure if I hate it or like it.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, doesn't fly.

Well...You should have seen what happened in the IRC later...

* Speadro99 ([email protected]) has joined
* Lisimba (~Lisimba@2001:984:2569:1:be5f:f4ff:fe35:2993) has joined
<Speadro99> My why issue taken no all serioous
<Speadro99> Kolatra
<Speadro99> Understand imperfect not
<flappyy> There's a difference between bad machine translations that are still readable, and ones that are absolutely unreadable whatsoever
<Speadro99> Freyskol
<Freyskol> I will have to agree with flappyy on this one
<Freyskol> In all seriousness, Speadro99.
<Freyskol> We cannot understand what you're saying to us, translation or not.;
<Speadro99> Customer You could have gotten
* Speadro99 has quit (Quit: fuck You)
<Kolatra> Uh
<Kolatra> LOL?
<Freyskol> Rekt/.
<Freyskol> :(
<Freyskol> I'm sorry.
<Freyskol> I really couldn't understand him.
<shobu> it was me LOLOLOLOL
<Kolatra> ...
<Kolatra> Was it you in the issue as well..?

Worst part was, I sort of understand what he was asking for. He wanted to know how to connect the belt hubs without leather.

Last edited:

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Well...You should have seen what happened in the IRC later...

* Speadro99 ([email protected]) has joined
* Lisimba (~Lisimba@2001:984:2569:1:be5f:f4ff:fe35:2993) has joined
<Speadro99> My why issue taken no all serioous
<Speadro99> Kolatra
<Speadro99> Understand imperfect not
<flappyy> There's a difference between bad machine translations that are still readable, and ones that are absolutely unreadable whatsoever
<Speadro99> Freyskol
<Freyskol> I will have to agree with flappyy on this one
<Freyskol> In all seriousness, Speadro99.
<Freyskol> We cannot understand what you're saying to us, translation or not.;
<Speadro99> Customer You could have gotten
* Speadro99 has quit (Quit: fuck You)
<Kolatra> Uh
<Kolatra> LOL?
<Freyskol> Rekt/.
<Freyskol> :(
<Freyskol> I'm sorry.
<Freyskol> I really couldn't understand him.
<shobu> it was me LOLOLOLOL
<Kolatra> ...
<Kolatra> Was it you in the issue as well..?

Worst part was, I sort of understand what he was asking for. He wanted to know how to connect the belt hubs without leather.
It always confuses me when people think that they are customers when using someone's mod. AFAIK no mods are totally restricted by a paywall, so no-one would ever be a mod's "customer".

Reactions: the_j485 and 1SDAN

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
It always confuses me when people think that they are customers when using someone's mod. AFAIK no mods are totally restricted by a paywall, so no-one would ever be a mod's "customer".
They might have meant user, or some other word. The translation is so fractured that it is hard to tell.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
That guy must be pissed because he had an issue and everyone was making fun of him...
we as I replied to him with. If English isn't your native tongue, and you have had people complain about it before (which hey must have done), then don't provide bug reports in that language.
It'd be like me trying to report a bug to Millenaire in French. "The mod dev is French, so I must reply in French". No, there are people who can translate, and if they can't, they will try to find someone, or use Google translate... which they obviously didn't do, because it was way too broken.
It was like they translated it from their language, into German, then French, then Welsh, then back to their language, just to check that it was still legible, then into Gaelic, and then finally English

Status
Not open for further replies.