Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
This is one of the most disrespectful things I have ever seen. This actually has me at a loss for words.
I'm not going to deny his has some basis for what he is saying, don't take this the wrong way Reika, lemme explain.
Reika does not give to fucks about what the community wants.
Is that a bad thing?
Soley from a user perspective, yes.
From a mod development PoV and making sure the mod is balanced? NO! Not at all

Are there issues in Reikas mods?
Yes.
Are there issues in other mods though?
HELL FUCKING YES!

Do Reikas mods need a new modder?
No. They do not. First off, Reika knows what he is doing, if KL or some other mod dev who was put forward as a candidate in a thread to replace Reika, would have absolutely no idea where to start.
Could some things in his mods be made better by other modders? Yeah, probably. But that doesn't mean they'd not ruin something else, either through proxy, by mistake, or just ignorance.

But what he said was rude. Yes. Where he said it was worse.
However, it is something that has been said a lot before.
And as anyone who has spoken with me on the subject of Reika and his mods before would back me up on, I do not agree with Reika or his mods most of the time. BUT as shown above, these are also things that I feel strongly about with his mods.

TL;DR. Poster on Reika's issue tracker is an ass-hat, but it has been said before.
If a modder was to replace him, they may fix the issues that players have with the mod, but they may also break the mod. So it's best to leave it in Reika's capable hands.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Are there issues in Reikas mods?
Yes.
Are there issues in other mods though?
HELL FUCKING YES!

Do Reikas mods need a new modder?
No. They do not. First off, Reika knows what he is doing, if KL or some other mod dev who was put forward as a candidate in a thread to replace Reika, would have absolutely no idea where to start.
Could some things in his mods be made better by other modders? Yeah, probably. But that doesn't mean they'd not ruin something else, either through proxy, by mistake, or just ignorance.

This stands true for every mod [every game even] and every dev/team. We are all human and nobody is perfect. Nearly all the feedback comes from outside the fence, too often looking at some theoretical ideal where the grass is always greener without ever knowing whats really going on inside the paddock, and why things have to be a certain way.
Nobody understands the mod better than the dev him/herself- so the best person for the job is already working on it.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
If you're just looking for your standard "Either doesn't know English and is using Google Translate (hopefully this one) or didn't pay attention when learning basic grammar", look no farther than this link!
I nearly threw up laughing so hard...

Also, thank you @CoolSquid for the new "Needs Translation" label... XD

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
New post!
"... so I do not forget to say that in a creative way, I might end up in the hospital."

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
New post!
"... so I do not forget to say that in a creative way, I might end up in the hospital."

If I get my hands on him his head will explode from me correcting his grammer so much, so he is correct on the second part:p

He has better grasp on grammar than quite a few of my peers.

You need new peers, and this is from a guy who's classmates do not know how to write a paper without literally copy-pasting Wikipedia (I think the English teacher has given up on most of my class...)

psp

Jul 29, 2019
If I get my hands on him his head will explode from me correcting his grammer so much, so he is correct on the second part:p

You need new peers, and this is from a guy who's classmates do not know how to write a paper without literally copy-pasting Wikipedia (I think the English teacher has given up on most of my class...)
It isn't that bad.
I'm just being hypercritical.
I just dislike, dislike being a mild term, a lot of my classmates.
Too many of them annoy me.

Last edited:
Reactions: gold49

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
It isn't that bad.
I'm just being hypercritical.
I just dislike, dislike being a mild term, a lot of my classmates.
To many of them annoy me.

Honestly I may have been talking to myself there, as I was in no way exaggerating about my peers...whatever, I'm done with my bit of derailing:p

Reactions: psp

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
If you're just looking for your standard "Either doesn't know English and is using Google Translate (hopefully this one) or didn't pay attention when learning basic grammar", look no farther than this link!

has_anynoe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.