Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
The jimmie mod thing... Can we make this level of unbridled arrogance a crime punishable by public hanging? Like around the ankles or something non-fatal, but horrifically embarrassing. At least the thread is gone (as much as anything can be on the internet) now.

Edit: I swear I can spell!
Edit2: Removed stuff referencing content that doesn't exist anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Back on topic: the jimmie mod thing... Can we make this level of unbridled arrogance a crime punishable by pubic hanging? Like around the ankles or something non-fatal, but horrifically embarrassing. At least the thread is gone (as much as anything can be on the internet) now.
I really want that punishment from the Merlin show to be put into place.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
I took a nice relaxing evening nap, you had the perfect target of derision, and you people still blew it.

I'm beginning to wonder if my puppies have anthropomorphized and moved on to trolling forums rather than making me worry about the destruction they leave in their wake every time I leave them in the backyard without supervision. :(

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I took a nice relaxing evening nap, you had the perfect target of derision, and you people still blew it.

I'm beginning to wonder if my puppies have anthropomorphized and moved on to trolling forums rather than making me worry about the destruction they leave in their wake every time I leave them in the backyard without supervision. :(
Shhhh, the derailment is natural

Anyway,
farnsworth.png

The thread is now derailed.

Anyway, back on topic. This was a while ago, but...
https://twitter.com/Doty1154/status/567834286927187969
https://twitter.com/Doty1154/status/567836133557604353
No further explanation...I mean at least the other person continued to argue their point, and they were fairly good about it

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
May I remind everyone of what has been posted a few pages ago:
I remember when this thread was about made up people saying made up things for fun. Now it's become a stab-box where everyone acts like jerks and you start learning all sorts of uncomfortable things about people. I think once we've hit the point where we're finding out about crazy stalkers, we probably need to take a little step back and remember we're talking about digital lego. I know how it feels to get caught up in an interwebs fight, but still. Less hate, more being understanding I guess.

I mean, being smug about being smarter than people who are probably actual children is kind of weird, but I'm still freaked out about that stalker thing. Yikes.

Incidentally, I'm sorry about calling people crazy or other such things. It's insensitive to both the target, and people suffering from mental illness. Ideally, I'd go back and remove such things, but they still appear in quotes so it's kind of impossible to retract them fully.
I also kinda dislike how this thread's topic evolved.
The last pages of this thread are really filled with hate and accusations, against people in this forum as well as third parties.
Looks like some people overlooked it

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019

Order is madness. It's just like Anger, Knowledge, Fear, Power and Boobs, you can't have a pure concentration of it or you'll go insane. It's why Shinigami-sama allowed humans to make their own decisions

Last edited:

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Order is madness. It's just like Anger, Knowledge, Fear, Power and Boobs, you can't have a pure concentration of it or you'll go insane. It's why Shinigami-sama allowed humans to make choices.
I thought that was a quote from an anime. :D

Reactions: 1SDAN

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
The boobs, and Shinigami-sama. It actually sounds like an FMA quote... except for the two things I mentioned.

@CoolSquid, @Reika how do you keep finding people like that? I mean it's really not hard to grasp the concept of "I tried, but malicious server admins, incompetent pack authors, and/or ignorant users wrecked it for everyone else". I might personally disagree with the particulars of the actions chosen, but at least I understand WHY they were chosen.

@Celestialphoenix @WitherBlaster I wish more people would at least TRY to read them. There are intelligible words in there even if you're not a programmer "not found", "Invalid chunkloader fuel option in config", "this is not a mod bug", "conflict", the mod that caused the error (well usually... that ones more hit-and-miss)... A few seconds of thought will tell you a lot about an error. Google will also help a lot because dollars to donuts someone else has already had the error you're having, or one similar enough.

I can't do much beyond look for obvious keywords that I've come across a zillion times and use Google... and I only submit 1/50 of the crash reports I get... most of the crash reports I get are because of an ID 10T error and just looking at the log tells me what portion of my brain needs to meet with the desk this time :p

Usually it's an ID conflict, two conflicting mod versions, or a missing dependency.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
@Reika how do you keep finding people like that?
In my case, take having a mod that is far more fragile than most, combine it with that mod being very impassable to people...lacking critical thinking or basic numerical logic, and then add in a large dose of "most of what I say tends to be interpreted with hostility unless I put a smiley in it".

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
No, I know how you attract them.

I was wondering how you literally find them. I can only imagine it means reading a lot of social media (including forums)... and that would drive me absolutely batty.

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering how you literally find them. I can only imagine it means reading a lot of social media (including forums)... and that would drive me absolutely batty.
Technic forums. I'm using 6+ hours a day on various Minecraft stuff (forums, coding, etc), so I meet stupid people quite often.

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Technic forums. I'm using 6+ hours a day on various Minecraft stuff (forums, coding, etc), so I meet stupid people quite often.
I don't see why you go to the technic forums, is it just to basically check if any mods are being used without permissions or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.