Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chbachman

Presumably whoever wrote it was insane, since we have methods that only call methods that only called methods.
That is actually a common practice. Notice how the amount of parameters decreases. That is for convenience. The problem is with the naming of the methods.

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
That is actually a common practice. Notice how the amount of parameters decreases. That is for convenience. The problem is with the naming of the methods.
Yes, but I have never seen anyone use 4 methods for the same thing. 2 is okay, 3 is a bit much, 4 is stupid.

Hyperme

Popular Member
Apr 3, 2013

Except the number of parameters isn't actually decreasing in the code given. The naming problem is a direct consequence of that, as if arguments were being consumed, overloading the method would be possible.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Except the number of parameters isn't actually decreasing in the code given. The naming problem is a direct consequence of that, as if arguments were being consumed, overloading the method would be possible.
^
Only in the dropBlockAsItem method does the # of params decrease from the base method

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Someone just did this on my thread:
muSXy6b.png

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Also said about the "Stop Mod Reposts" movement, when Funwayguy (the developer of EnviroMine), put a module in place to enforce legitimate mod copies:
Really..? Isn't that a bit much of an inconvenience for users obtaining your mod officially just for this silly cause?

Even better, the user who posted it...none other than Nentify himself.

For those not familiar, he is the guy I always have in mind when talking about bad server admins harassing both developers and their server's players. He is also the one I was talking about when I mentioned server admins with a "how dare you give me rules to follow" attitude when it comes to things like EULAs and ToSs.

As for his actual server, Tekkify...
For example, he will ban you at the drop of a hat:
  • Mining where admins can see it is a bannable offense (labelled "griefing"), and only donators get access to a mining age
  • Placing or standing around a GeoStrata cave crystal
  • Mentioning my name
  • Plenty of others
You can get unbanned, of course...if you donate $20.

He likes to lie about adding mods - or actually add them, but disable every block in them (like he did with ComputerCraft) - to attract players, or simply to do something like his April Fool's prank, where he made an "Adding new mods!" announcement and said he would be adding, among other things, IC2 and RotaryCraft, and when his players got sufficiently excited, basically said "ha ha look at you all wanting these mods not happening suckers!".

Even his admins he treats like crap; for example:
Tekkify had GeoStrata installed. Nentify came to me and demanded that I remove the cave crystals, as he considered them overpowered. Shortly afterwards, there was a thread on his forums to address concerns about GeoStrata, with several people complaining about the blanket "no modifications" ban. I suggested a new more flexible ruleset - this is the reason that set exists - of things like "the players must agree" and "no doing it to give admins special privileges". Most of his admins agreed with me. Then Nentify showed up, said something like "Need I remind you people who you work for" - and openly said to me that the desires of his players was irrelevant as "it's my server", and they all instantly changed to "how dare you tell us what to do" mode.

A friend of mine, @FurryDJ, has played a bit on their server, and he has plenty more horror stories where those came from.

Last edited:

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Also said about the "Stop Mod Reposts" movement, when Funwayguy (the developer of EnviroMine), put a module in place to enforce legitimate mod copies:

Even better, the user who posted it...none other than Nentify himself.

For those not familiar, he is the guy I always have in mind when talking about bad server admins harassing both developers and their server's players. He is also the one I was talking about when I mentioned server admins with a "how dare you give me rules to follow" attitude when it comes to things like EULAs and ToSs.

As for his actual server...
For example, he will ban you at the drop of a hat:
  • Mining where admins can see it is a bannable offense (labelled "griefing"), and only donators get access to a mining age
  • Placing or standing around a GeoStrata cave crystal
  • Mentioning my name
  • Plenty of others
You can get unbanned, of course...if you donate $20.

He likes to lie about adding mods - or actually add them, but disable every block in them (like he did with ComputerCraft) - to attract players, or simply to do something like his April Fool's prank, where he made an "Adding new mods!" announcement and said he would be adding, among other things, IC2 and RotaryCraft, and when his players got sufficiently excited, basically said "ha ha look at you all wanting these mods not happening suckers!".

A friend of mine, @FurryDJ, has played a bit on their server, and he has plenty more horror stories where those came from.
Good god...

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
As much as this guy is a douche, I kinda agree with the particular quote you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.