Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Technic, at least last time I used it, used some...really weird UI style. I'd say the closest comparison is the Windows 8 style, where there are almost no borders, and its all colourful and stuff. For me, something that attempts to out-style its opponents is a turn-off. I like my UIs simple, functional, and well-organized, but with plenty of useful options.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Technic, at least last time I used it, used some...really weird UI style. I'd say the closest comparison is the Windows 8 style, where there are almost no borders, and its all colourful and stuff. For me, something that attempts to out-style its opponents is a turn-off. I like my UIs simple, functional, and well-organized, but with plenty of useful options.
Oh god I can imagine :D
MultiMC is a good example of a clean simple GUI indeed.

Reactions: abculatter_2

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
In terms of GUI
MultiMc > Technic > FTB > Atlauncher

In terms of actual usefulness and good packs
MultiMC > FTB > Atlauncher > Technic

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
In terms of GUI
MultiMc > Technic > FTB > Atlauncher

MultiMC > FTB > Atlauncher > Technic
Not according to my friend. According to them, Hexxit is the only modpack worth playing ever. Everything else is too "hard". I have finally just given up trying to get them to play modded MC. Also: chat log from last night's play session with an...interisting individual. http://pastebin.com/Mebz9nL6 Part 2: http://pastebin.com/jimpGtB4 I have witnessed much, much, MUCH worse from this guy, including proudly stating that he has never read a single wiki or piece of documentation. I briefly teamed up with him at one point, and discovered that he had 10+ half broken gearboxes from RoC in a chest. ARGGGGGG!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1SDAN

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
MultiMC
It doesn't have its own packs does it? You make the packs or import them from FTB.

Not according to my friend. According to them, Hexxit is the only modpack worth playing ever. Everything else is too "hard". I have finally just given up trying to get them to play modded MC. Also: chat log from last night's play session with an...interisting individual. http://pastebin.com/Mebz9nL6 Part 2: http://pastebin.com/jimpGtB4 I have witnessed much, much, MUCH worse from this guy, including proudly stating that he has never read a single wiki or piece of documentation. I briefly teamed up with him at one point, and discovered that he had 10+ half broken gearboxes from RoC in a chest. ARGGGGGG!!!!!
I bet he's equally as bad in LoL. Bronze V incoming :p

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't have its own packs does it? You make the packs or import them from FTB.

I bet he's equally as bad in LoL. Bronze V incoming :p
Well yeah it doesn't have actual packs, but it can handle custom packs and all FTB ones (importing is awesome) so I like to use it

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
I kinda prefer the way the ATLauncher works, mostly just because of how much easier it is to remove a pack, but the ftb launcher has much better packs and more support if needed.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Notice how the vanilla launcher is not mentioned at all.
Thats how unintuitive and back-ended it is for mod installs.
(thanks for making life easier DB)​
I actually use the vanilla launcher. I find it really easy to use but then that's because I know how to use the old File Manager (aka Windows Explorer) which is a skill lacking in many people in this more technological society.
Too many things have wizards or auto-configure, giving people zero incentive to actually learn what their magical box of tricks does and how it works.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I actually use the vanilla launcher. I find it really easy to use but then that's because I know how to use the old File Manager (aka Windows Explorer) which is a skill lacking in many people in this more technological society.
Too many things have wizards or auto-configure, giving people zero incentive to actually learn what their magical box of tricks does and how it works.
Real men only use the command line for managing files :p

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

While true, attempt to install a JAR mod like BTW. With the new launcher it is an absolute pain to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.