Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
But on the other hand the people who approve packs obviously don't have time to test every single pack thoroughly.
That's true, but it should be some requirements. Maybe a tool autochecking the amount of differences between original configs and the current configd?

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
I would guess pack quality is not really correlated to the number of config changes.
No, but the amount of effort may be partially measured in how much config tweaking is done. I just realised that the most important for me isn't the quality, but the effort put into it.

Reactions: ljfa

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
No, but the amount of effort may be partially measured in how much config tweaking is done. I just realised that the most important for me isn't the quality, but the effort put into it.

I change configs so much I don't even know what the mod used to do. Course that was back in 1.5 now with the asci pack I keep mods mostly the same and just fix an id here or tweak a block there

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
It certainly is. Kinda sad. Anyone from the 3rd party pack team willing to say anything about quality requirements?

As far as I know, the only requirements are permissions. The team doesn't have the time to play each pack to look for quality in them. That would be hundreds of hours per week easily, and as they're just volunteers, that won't happen. If you really want to know, maybe @Gideonseymour will chime in. Maybe.

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know, the only requirements are permissions. The team doesn't have the time to play each pack to look for quality in them. That would be hundreds of hours per week easily, and as they're just volunteers, that won't happen. If you really want to know, maybe @Gideonseymour will chime in. Maybe.
That's understandable. If it's possible, I would enjoy if packs last updated in January last year was removed though.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
That's understandable. If it's possible, I would enjoy if packs last updated in January last year was removed though.

Keep in mind people still use previous MC versions. Not everyone can or wants to be on the latest version of MC.

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Keep in mind people still use previous MC versions. Not everyone can or wants to be on the latest version of MC.
No, but the last post was a over a year ago in some of them. A few of them didn't even have one reply. I don't really think too many users still use the pack.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
No, but the last post was a over a year ago in some of them. A few of them didn't even have one reply. I don't really think too many users still use the pack.

It comes down to the third party team at that point. And again, it's very possible people are using the pack. Just because there are no posts or at least no new ones doesn't mean people aren't using it.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, ever launcher's gonna have its shite packs. At least the FTB launcher looks like it was designed by halfway competent people. Though, in terms of design, MultiMC beats 'em all. My hierarchy is MultiMC > FTB > ATLauncher > Technic.

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Meh, ever launcher's gonna have its shite packs. At least the FTB launcher looks like it was designed by halfway competent people. Though, in terms of design, MultiMC beats 'em all. My hierarchy is MultiMC > FTB > ATLauncher > Technic.
My hierarchy is: Eclipse > MultiMC > FTB > ATLauncher > NEVER!

efefe48

Jul 29, 2019
"Skyrim dragons"

EWWWWWW. No! No two-legged pesudo-dragons! All dragons must be quadrupeds!

...Yeah, that's my only real stylistic beef with Skyrim. I can't take the dragons seriously as a threat when they can't even preen over me like a proper, majestic creature the size of a skyscraper ought to be. Otherwise, they're just stupid-looking, featherless birds that so happen to breathe fire.

(Why, yes, I am a Blood Knight, why do you ask?)
Technically 2-legged ones are WYVERNS
THEY LIED
THOSE ARE NOT DRAGONS

Status
Not open for further replies.