Real life Minecraft moments

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Me last night:
*Sees interesting structure and landscaping*
"Hmm I should build that..."
*gets home and boots up MC*
"Gonna go grab a snack, I'll do that thing when I get back"
*15 minutes of eating way too much "
"Now what was I gonna do again?"
*closes out MC*
*remembers about the place*
*boots MC back up*
"Why tf did I open Minecraft?!"

Edit: wrong thread...*hides in corner*

Reactions: legionite626

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Being inspired by the LHC, I've decided to do my bit for (minecraft) science and create the Large Cow Collider.

I know, I know, most of my experiments tend to involve cruelty to cows, but the perpetual motion cow was hilarious so shut it.

This time, my plan is to create two proton cow accelerators to exothermically propel my target ungulates to speeds up to and maybe exceeding 1.46 chunks per second then smash them into each other in a highly energetic and totally medium-rare collision.

I hope that, in time, I will eventually be credited with the discovery of the Higgs Bovine.

Jul 29, 2019
Since Ferrous = Nickel that's kinda true actually
Actually, according to source its actually a iron atom in second oxidation state.

My thing is looking at buildings, trying to remember designs to replicate back home.
Oh, and measuring in blocks...as in my friend goes "Look at that building!" And I go: "Hmm, 60 blocks" Under my breath.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, according to source its actually a iron atom in second oxidation state.

My thing is looking at buildings, trying to remember designs to replicate back home.
Oh, and measuring in blocks...as in my friend goes "Look at that building!" And I go: "Hmm, 60 blocks" Under my breath.
Nonono, TE Ferrous. Its oredict entry is under nickel.

Reactions: pizzawolf14

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
But irl it's iron in its second oxidation state xD
That is purely if you are a chemist(as someone of of a more physicist persuasion, I am on the personal opinion that chemists are horrible at any naming conventions :p). The origin of the word comes from Latin I think and relates simply to anything of Iron.

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
That is purely if you are a chemist(as someone of of a more physicist persuasion, I am on the personal opinion that chemists are horrible at any naming conventions :p). The origin of the word comes from Latin I think and relates simply to anything of Iron.
That is a correct assumption on both fronts. I remember last year we got Google translate to read us the full name of titin...≈190k letters of Ls, Ys, and Cs.

Reactions: gold49

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
That is a correct assumption on both fronts. I remember last year we got Google translate to read us the full name of titin...≈190k letters of Ls, Ys, and Cs.

Any idea what the reasoning behind the long name is?

EDIT: Google answered my question, sorry for the wasted post

Last edited:

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Any idea what the reasoning behind the long name is?

EDIT: Google answered my question, sorry for the wasted post
Going to waste another post for people wondering and lazy; it's because it's a protein, so they have to list all of the amino acids in order. And it's a big protein.

But, in order to put the thread back on the transcontinental railroad, I frequently wonder on a scale of 1-10 how difficult it would be to code a real-world [insert science I'm studying] mod.

PS: I've decided that I believe it'd be easier to make a new game.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
This is slightly reversed of the topic perhaps:
I usually have the TV on in the background when playing Minecraft. I don't really watch it, but I half listens to it at times. This leads to some weird associations to the things I have built over time that just wont go away....

Few examples:

Münchhausen by proxy:
sx4Y1xd.png

Oil polluted beaches:
dcl9bnD.png

Generation shift in a family Circus:

fsBBt1m.png

My mind is so messed up....

Last edited:

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
...My "Game Flashes" are fairly rare, but, as with everyone, hilarious.
So far, I've had three total:
1. When I'm out of my house for the evening, and I see it's getting dark, and then I look at the sun to see what time it is. I didn't need to berate myself for that; my stinging eyes did it for me.
2. When I'm getting hungry, and then I think: "I shouldn't eat because I don't need the health regen." That one was followed by some facepalming.
3. (Modded) When I'm looking for some object in a closet, and I know I'll never find it just look, I try to double click on the search bar in my inventory and search for it so it gets highlighted because of NEI. Then I'm sad, and wish that was a thing. :(

Last edited:

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
I usually have the TV on in the background when playing Minecraft. I don't really watch it, but I half listens to it at times. This leads to some weird associations to the things I have built over time that just wont go away....

Few examples:

Münchhausen by proxy:
sx4Y1xd.png

Oil polluted beaches:
dcl9bnD.png

Generation shift in family a Circus:

fsBBt1m.png

I do the same thing, except I listen to music. My logistics pipes system in my first 1.6.4 world was joining Tom Petty while he was running down a dream...

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
I listen to podcasts a lot while clearing land and caving, and I am sometimes scared by how well I can remember the part of the podcast I was hearing in certain areas...

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I do the same thing, except I listen to music. My logistics pipes system in my first 1.6.4 world was joining Tom Petty while he was running down a dream...
Yeah I have the same thing. I use DI.fm a lot when playing and certain of their channels have become equivalent with minecraft now :p

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019

Few examples:

Münchhausen by proxy:
sx4Y1xd.png

Oil polluted beaches:
dcl9bnD.png

Generation shift in a family Circus:

fsBBt1m.png

Good lord.
I love your posts but they make me feel like such an incompetent builder.
Do you have imgur galleries or something with most/all of your stuff? I intent to shamelessly attempt to copy it just to practice "larger" aesthetics.
Every time, EVERY TIME, I try to not build something strictly aligned to chunk boundries I end up with small useless areas or a lack of overall cohesiveness and I just can't do a network of roads without it turning into a grid. I think Im trying to put things too close together initally.
Or do you actually start with a large sketch of what you want overall? Im trying to start small and build as I go...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Good lord.
I love your posts but they make me feel like such an incompetent builder.
Do you have imgur galleries or something with most/all of your stuff? I intent to shamelessly attempt to copy it just to practice "larger" aesthetics.
Every time, EVERY TIME, I try to not build something strictly aligned to chunk boundries I end up with small useless areas or a lack of overall cohesiveness and I just can't do a network of roads without it turning into a grid. I think Im trying to put things too close together initally.
Or do you actually start with a large sketch of what you want overall? Im trying to start small and build as I go...
Don't have a single gallery with all the pics since I am too cheap to get a premium imgur account so have something like 4 accounts now :p But you can follow the builds here:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...s-a-build-journal-guide-collection-etc.42664/
Pics I posted here are from the TPPI world.

I generally "sketch" out plans of things in my head over weeks/months. During that I might map out stuff with cobble, Building Guides, waypoints etc. to test things out. I might build bits of it, stop when in doubt how to proceed and then go back and forward to it until the idea have fully formed