Real life Minecraft moments

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Liquid Klone

Jul 29, 2019
I woke up one morning, and really wanted coffee (as I do every morning) but really didn't want to make it. I had minecrafting to do, I actually tried to cheat in a cup with NEI, and realized I can't do that in real life.

Reactions: JunpakuKarasu

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Once was thinking about oil pipelines coming down from upper Canada (I think it was something in the news that started this thought train, maybe). So as I'm thinking my mind pops up and says "They are going to need lots of chunk loaders for this"o_O

After scolding my brain for this derp, I continue thinking. Then my mind says "Wonder if they will use fluid pipes or fluiducts for this?":mad:

TheSepulcher

Jul 29, 2019
Once was thinking about oil pipelines coming down from upper Canada (I think it was something in the news that started this thought train, maybe). So as I'm thinking my mind pops up and says "They are going to need lots of chunk loaders for this"o_O

After scolding my brain for this derp, I continue thinking. Then my mind says "Wonder if they will use fluid pipes or fluiducts for this?":mad:
Conduits ftw! But i dont know canada has eio or not. Everything has it this days..

Reactions: gold49

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Sort of the reverse, but: There have been times when I was playing Minecraft while tired. At one point, I got hungry IRL, so in Minecraft I selected the stack of baked potatoes on my hotbar and tried to eat them--and then spent the next solid minute trying to troubleshoot why Minecraft wouldn't let me eat when I was clearly hungry. xD

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
I usually have pam's harvestcraft installed and i once 'crafted' coffe and then i got idea. WHY I DONT MAKE REAL COFFE(so experience was best possible)?

Reactions: gold49

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
When I watched a video about uranium enrichment I immediatly thought about how it is done in Reactorcraft

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
When I watched a video about uranium enrichment I immediatly thought about how it is done in Reactorcraft

I have a inverted problem (as in real life to minecraft, rather than minecraft to real life) with redstone, sometimes when I am dealing with it I will begin to think in terms of programming (if statements, while statement, breaks, etc). Which is really weird considering I only know VERY basic programming in lua and python, so some things get a...interesting description in my brain:confused:

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone seen the minecraft action figures at walmart now?...lol

I was looking at them and the only thing I could think was that the "block" they come with is oversized.

minecraft+actionfigures6.jpg
"Seen em?".... hell i got them all sitting on my desk.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I have a inverted problem (as in real life to minecraft, rather than minecraft to real life) with redstone, sometimes when I am dealing with it I will begin to think in terms of programming (if statements, while statement, breaks, etc). Which is really weird considering I only know VERY basic programming in lua and python, so some things get a...interesting description in my brain:confused:
That only gets worse if you have ever dabbled with stuff like PLC "programming"(I use that term lightly). But I guess it is because it is the same damn thing you are doing. Making wire diagrams with switches and wires. Actually used some of the logic stuff I picked up by doing that in MC. Like self hold loops etc. But then again we do that all the time in programming as well with while loops :p

Just proves that if you understand the basic logic of things, you can use it in a multitude of fields.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I was in a class about Urbanization. I got several points off on the test on this question:

"an engine that runs on steam created by heating water. Provided cheap, convenient source of power"

Now, it was one of those really easy questions at the start of the test. Really a gimme, right? Well, it turns out that "Steam Dynamo" is not a correct answer.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I was in a class about Urbanization. I got several points off on the test on this question:

"an engine that runs on steam created by heating water. Provided cheap, convenient source of power"

Now, it was one of those really easy questions at the start of the test. Really a gimme, right? Well, it turns out that "Steam Dynamo" is not a correct answer.
You should have stuck more with IC2 power for that one :p