Random water holes

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
So I've been playing DW20 and noticed I randomly find water holes that go down to bedrock as if it was supposed to be a well or something. The only conclusion I've come to is that they are mirrors in the overworld of wells spawned in twilight forest.

Just wondering if there was any other information on them.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
These are BC water springs, which provide infinite water above the lowest block of this spring.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
These are BC water springs, which provide infinite water above the lowest block of this spring.
So why have I never encountered these until recently? Not to mention the heck is the point?

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe he's just quoting it because he's wondering the same thing?
(Tho he could have just said "I'm wondering the same thing" if that was the case as well, I suppose.)

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
So why have I never encountered these until recently? Not to mention the heck is the point?
Because they were just added in the latest version. They also seem to be fairly rare, I've only seen one. Figured it was from ExtraBiomes because I found it in a Rainforest... As for the point, if it's from BuildCraft, it's probably to use a pump on, since they kind of screw up once in a while on 1-deep infinite water sources.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wlktdi1oog2t5py/Water Spring.png
this is wat it looks like
i got rid of all the water above cos it was flooding the hole my quarry made, but this water wont dissapear and the block below it is labeled "Water Spring".
image.jpg

A year and 4 days old...

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I swear there's a competition on some other site to see who can make the most relevant post on the oldest thread they can find...
I swear, there are some EXTREMELY specific Web searches going on lately. I really think the forum is being necro trolled. I can't prove it but you're so right. SO many eerily relevant necro posts

Last edited:

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
well soooory. i googled and found it and didnt notice that it said 2013.. :p

This is why I refuse to use Google... No check for current timeframe relevance.

Of course, all the other search engines are just as bad... :D

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Buildcraft also adds an oil spring under some of the geysers, but it is too slow to be really useful as an infinite source.
Well, does the oil Always generate again? If so, speed is pointless, it IS Infinite. Now, if you mean to slow to be a viable infinite source, well, seeing as oil is needed for Fuel in BC, and Fuel is the BC Endgame power generation... Not sure that's fair to say. It's a big deal if you can find one in a SMP world, even with MFR seeing as those are meant to not be energy positive(or negative, but still, they could be and get away with it in my books), since it's oil that never runs out. In SSP it's not as big of a deal since all the oil you find is yours.(how many max size RC steel tanks full of oil do you guys have, BTW?)

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking