Random explosion in my world?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

256spam

Jul 29, 2019
So recently i got the feedthebeast modpack to play with redpower and do a modded survival world that wasn't bloody awful tekkit and im in my home and all of a sudden, i hear a very massive explosion, my house however nothing insdie blew up, farms were ok, and there were no craters in sight! what caused that explosion cuz its creeped me out. my pal herobrine doesent usually join one of my sp worlds in that manner so it wan't him, even asked him too.
(And im serious about the herobrine thing, i see him all the damn time! Got used to him)

Glacies

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you know that Herobrine fella is a bit of a trickster sometimes. He probably just popped in, did some blast mining and then popped out. Look underground for suspicious holes.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Buildcraft conductive pipe can explode if you leave an engine on and there is no where for the power to go. The pipe explodes, but doesn't damage anything around it.

Steam engines can explode if they are hot and you add water to them. This can happen by accident if your water is supplied from a different chunk than the engines. You might unload the water chunk, but keep the engine chunk loaded. Then return to base and when the water starts up...

ff255away

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed twice that I've built buildcraft pipes incorrectly and they fill up till they explode... but never actually explode. Instead, you have thousands of cobblestone sitting in an iron pipe with the explosion effect causing tons of lag until you break the pipe and let all of the blocks free onto the floor.

256spam

Jul 29, 2019
its was a pipe, i had a backup of power, a few miniutes after i discovered so though one of my stema engines blew up, really angry about that.

ff255away

Jul 29, 2019
Now that my family's server has finally transitioned to a modified mindcrack, I intend to never use buildcraft unless I absolute have to. "Dumb" pipes, "dumb" energy, its extremely frustrating. There are occasionally cool things that can be done with it... but its more infuriating than anything else. We just lost several electric engines after updating due to explosions x_x

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I think that the point of including the exploding pipes was to make engine use pre-gate a manual thing. A lot of mods seem to be making their automation more costly (and with good reason) to mean that you've got to have player-involved stuff for the first couple of tiers.

Reactions: Predatorkillol

Treita

Jul 29, 2019
I've been hearing explosions fora while and I have zero piping, zero engines, zero anything I know of that can explode. I've made farms with a hoe that are manually picked, I've got a 6-tall Tinkers' construct smeltery, a few basic furnaces, and a research table via Thaumcraft.
No creepers, single player survival, day and night I hear it. Never a crater to be found. In packs with Ars Magicka you might hear an explosion at night when Moonstone spawns, but I do not have this mod (It needs updated and a lot of spelling/grammar/recipe corrections)

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I've been hearing explosions fora while and I have zero piping, zero engines, zero anything I know of that can explode. I've made farms with a hoe that are manually picked, I've got a 6-tall Tinkers' construct smeltery, a few basic furnaces, and a research table via Thaumcraft.
No creepers, single player survival, day and night I hear it. Never a crater to be found. In packs with Ars Magicka you might hear an explosion at night when Moonstone spawns, but I do not have this mod (It needs updated and a lot of spelling/grammar/recipe corrections)

One the thread is two years old and the pack versions he's talking about are way out of date.
Two I'm willing to lay money your pack includes Ender Zoo and has mob griefing false set as well, the Ender Minies have a real hate on for creepers.