Rainbow tree farm problem

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

bala

Jul 29, 2019
So I was trying to make a rainbow tree farm, the one made by Reika...
The problem is that mfr planter does not work, nor any other things...I have tried forestry multifarm, which does not seem to work either...Then I tried to use drawbridges to plant the saplings(2x2 btw) and that worked, but the big issu is that when the 2x2 tree grows, it will be a 6x6... and it deletes everything in its way! so rotarycraft wouldn't work either! Is there a way to automate this tree?! (steve's carts doesn't work either, as rails gets deleted as the tree grows...)[DOUBLEPOST=1393355740][/DOUBLEPOST]also, I'm on the Monster pack...

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
So I was trying to make a rainbow tree farm, the one made by Reika...
The problem is that mfr planter does not work, nor any other things...I have tried forestry multifarm, which does not seem to work either...Then I tried to use drawbridges to plant the saplings(2x2 btw) and that worked, but the big issu is that when the 2x2 tree grows, it will be a 6x6... and it deletes everything in its way! so rotarycraft wouldn't work either! Is there a way to automate this tree?! (steve's carts doesn't work either, as rails gets deleted as the tree grows...)[DOUBLEPOST=1393355740][/DOUBLEPOST]also, I'm on the Monster pack...
Rainbow Trees were not really designed for autofarming, much like Twilight Oaks or Sacred Oaks.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
You could use a "use" golem to plant the saplings in a 2x2, safely away from anything important, then use another method to actually harvest the tree.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
You could use a "use" golem to plant the saplings in a 2x2, safely away from anything important, then use another method to actually harvest the tree.
That would still leave a hole in the ground, from the tree's root system.
61QyxRx.png

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I thought they could grow from 1x1, honestly. And yes, the roots are a pain, but it's the only dye tree that doesn't grow all kinds of wood in all kinds of shapes, and a bit of dirt is easy to make, honestly.

My thoughts on automating the farming of 'em requires a mod that can detect when the tree has grown, and check when the tree has been harvested. Wasn't gonna use MFR since the planter goes below it all(and that's gonna be eaten), Golems for planting, MFFS for automatically replacing the lost dirt, bit o' GT for getting a bit o' spare dirt, and so forth. A inane, overcomplicated process, sure, but this tree is worth it IMO.

Shirkit

Jul 29, 2019
Keyword "Easily". Not my cuppa mate.

I did with with a turtle, 1 Precision Export bus, 4 precision import buses, 4 Vaccum Hoppers and a small AE system (1 64k drive) and a MFR Harvester. Job done.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I did with with a turtle, 1 Precision Export bus, 4 precision import buses, 4 Vaccum Hoppers and a small AE system (1 64k drive) and a MFR Harvester. Job done.
Out of curiosity, what is the motivation for harvesting these? They act as world stabilizers, but that is a property of being grown, not being cut down.

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Out of curiosity, what is the motivation for harvesting these? They act as world stabilizers, but that is a property of being grown, not being cut down.

I'm not sure what that means, could you explain how they stabilize worlds? And the motivation to harvest is the completely insane amount of dyes you can get from them.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
With all the individual dyes you get you could run multiple MFR bioreactors on super efficient mode and be swimming in biofuel in no time :)
Those are the ones with 9 slots right? More kinds of plants=more fuel output? But what do dyes have to do with that??

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
They aren't that bad to farm, you just need crossmod:
-MFR Harvester
-MFFS replacing dirt/saplings

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
Those are the ones with 9 slots right? More kinds of plants=more fuel output? But what do dyes have to do with that??
Dyes can be used instead of plants. That's why people build farms that use minimum stones so they can have 9 different types of plant from one material.