Quarry vs. hand digging

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Do you use quarry or hand dig?

• Total voters

droid20

Jul 29, 2019
Am I the only one who still hand digs? I have a advanced diamonds drill with efficiency 4 and a couple silk touch picks the drill dominates stone it goes as fast as I can walk and I find a stack of diamond ore in no time it just seems silly to do a quarry to me. If anyone wants to convince me otherwise I'd love (I also have a bright mushroom mystcraft wold so no torches mobs or lava)

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I do both, but I don't use ic2 in any of my personal packs. I use tconstruct with a steel pick (paper binding) and a diamond and 3 Redstone upgrades, and an iron pick with lapis upgrades. Then I also have quarry set up mostly so I can get iron for steel since I set my te for steel recipies.

droid20

Jul 29, 2019
I do both, but I don't use ic2 in any of my personal packs. I use tconstruct with a steel pick (paper binding) and a diamond and 3 Redstone upgrades, and an iron pick with lapis upgrades. Then I also have quarry set up mostly so I can get iron for steel since I set my te for steel recipies.
I need to get tinkers construct soon all that ive seen looks really cool

droid20

Jul 29, 2019
I build my quarries underground so as to not disturb the landscape. That and it's really funny when someone decides they want to dig where I quarries and fall to bedrock.

Well I can't play on servers so I never get to have any of that fun/:

droid20

Jul 29, 2019
Turtles all the way. Multipurpose, easy to use with the right program from the Computercraft site. And WAY more efficient then a Quarry.
I have used these before but I didn't make a very good program and it kinda sucked lol but with a good program I could see it doing well

Oatmonster

Jul 29, 2019
That seems even more annoying to move manage and fuel than a quarry to me, it was ment for tunnels for tracks not mining.

I assume that by tunnel bores, he means RP2 frame bores. I can't imagine anyone using tunnel bores for mining.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
tunnel bores are great if you want to create a tunnel/subway system to get to different biomes or bases

SyberSmoke

Jul 29, 2019
I have used these before but I didn't make a very good program and it kinda sucked lol but with a good program I could see it doing well

Check out either the Advanced OreQuarry program from computercraft.info and if you want something faster, check out the Swarm Quarry.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I do both. I always hope for a cave that my quarry hits so I can fly in with my Jetpack and go caving. Also every once in a while you gotta get back in the style of Vanilla minecraft. Back in the old days of 2009 when the game came out. We had to mine everything by hand. It is also helpful when your quarry is still only grabbing dirt and cobble. It is also helpful when your quarry is only picking up silver, galena, diamonds, redstone, emerald, and other gems. I love mining by hand and spend such a long time doing it at the beginning of the game.