Quarry spitting out items but has a pipe connected.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

666Lumberjack

Jul 29, 2019
Quarries tend to be weird about outputting directly into pipes. Try adding a buffer chest next to the quarry and then pulling out of that.

Reactions: Peter213

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Quarries only output to an inventory and pipes generally aren't considered inventories.

Again, use a buffer chest

Reactions: Peter213
M

MagicMage1238

You could even (It should work but I never tested) beable to just use the ender chest with no pipes

M

MagicMage1238

Sounds like they want to void some items.

Though you could just void them on the other side

Uhhh yeah missed that part of the "void pipe" conversation my fault... I generally don't void anything (mostly) the things I do void are from mob farms like from Wither Skelltons (swords) and Zombie pigmen (again swords, plus armor) I use a void chest(assuming you can craft one) and a export with certain items to void.

Edit - Early game I might remove some enchantments first because you get a lot.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Quarries tend to be weird about outputting directly into pipes. Try adding a buffer chest next to the quarry and then pulling out of that.

They can usually eject into buildcraft pipes (not wooden) just fine. In fact, looking at the diamond pipe, quite a lot of stuff does appear to be flowing through it. but - slowly - I think that the slow speed of the items in the diamond pipe + the high speed of the quarry means that the capacity of the diamond pipe to hold items is being exceeded.
As such, I'd think that it might be necessary to add a segment (or two) of gold pipe to help the pipes deal with this rate of items.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I agree with GreenZombie. Also, what isn't shown is the contents of the enderchest. If it is full BC pipes don't backstuff they just spill their contents if the destination is full or can't be reached.

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
I would guess that this is directly related to how the diamond pipe has been configured.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I would guess that this is directly related to how the diamond pipe has been configured.

The diamond pipe "clearly" has a stream of dirt blocks flowing into the void pipe. This would seem to indicate that the diamond pipe is configured correctly. Dirt blocks are also being flung out. Which would seem to indicate that they are being flung out without regard to the potential fullness of the ender chest - so I don't expect that that is the issue here either.